Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » Router to router bridge with wireless » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Sep 02, 12 at 7:55amhiigaran

so i got three routers. is it possible to connect my computer to a router, and then have that router connect to the internet wirelessly to another router?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 21, 12 at 12:35pm
hiigaran

when i click the install vmware tools thing in the menu:

click install to connect the vmware tools installer cd to the virtual machine.

mound the virtual cd drive in the guest, uncompress the installer, and then execute vmware-install.pl to install vmware tools
what installer?
what cd?
mount what?
execute what?

Oct 21, 12 at 11:56am
Ren of Heavens

quote hiigaran
dear god
It's only 2 mouse clicks

Oct 21, 12 at 10:55am
hiigaran

dear god

i think im going to look around for a flash drive and transfer it like that, instead.

Oct 21, 12 at 10:47am
Ren of Heavens

Try installing VMware Tools, should enable some of the extra features.

Oct 21, 12 at 10:21am
hiigaran

oops, missed that. and no, i cant drag and drop. at least i have the GUI now, but i still cant do much. its as if the host OS is completely invisible.

Oct 21, 12 at 9:55am
Ren of Heavens

quote Ren of Heavens
to get into the gui:

root
toor
startx

Oct 21, 12 at 8:13am
hiigaran

how is that even possible if i have no mouse available to be in backtrack? i dont have a GUI

Oct 20, 12 at 7:59am
Ren of Heavens

I use VMware workstation, where you can either copy/paste/drag straight into the guest OS (If VMware Tools installed) or set a shared folder. Can you do the same in player?

Oct 19, 12 at 5:06am
hiigaran

yeah im at the stage where ive got vmware player running backtrack, and ive found a WPA2 and got a handshake, but what i need now is a dictionary. i downloaded some 13 gig one, but i dont know how to put that on to the virtual OS. its on my normal ubuntu OS, but i dont know what to do from there.

EDIT: Ren of Heavens - right now im trying to put the dictionaries on to my localhost ftp server on my OS, and then trying to wget it from the virtual OS. says the connection is refused.

*bleep*ing linux

Oct 19, 12 at 4:24am
Ren of Heavens

Sorry, completely forgot about this thread. Should have tagged me

Looks like you've worked it out, but to get into the gui:

root
toor
startx

WPA/WPA2 is significantly harder, WPS is exploitable but most ISPs have recognised this threat and patched it.

quote hiigaran
if im supposed to pay, is there a free alternative that takes VMWare files?
VMWare Player is free