Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » NARUTO » General Manga Discussion 16: The Kannabi Bridge Reunion! » Post Reply

NARUTO Vol. 1 Forum

profile  screens  wiki  discussion board  

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Sep 01, 12 at 2:17amMirage

Previous thread.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote Previous comments
quote Supernouva
My guess is he was on the verge of death and then someone like Orochimaru found him (if he has something to do with this I wouldn't be surprised at this point) and managed to restore his body (possibly hoping he would possess it). Fast forward a couple of years, Obito awakens his Mangekyou, gains his annoying dimension-warping ability, becomes crazy strong, and sets out on his revenge-take-over-the-world-peace-by-permanent-illusion plot. Then you know how the story goes. Just put the remaining pieces together and voila.
quote Rondo
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Orochimaru has something to do with it.

I also think part of his motives have something to do with Rin's death.

This was my initial thought too, though I can't imagine Orochimaru would have ran away from Akatsuki if this was the case. Any chances Obito's Mangekyou Sharingan activated whilst under the boulder, making him able to slip out from the rocks? Maybe activating Sharingan and Mangekyou Sharingan all in one day is a bit much....plus there'd be no reason for Obito to not rejoin Kakashi & co.

Damn, too many thoughts about this!

Decent chapter though admittingly so many pages without text span me out a little bit. Loved seeing all the classic characters in younger form and a young Guy beating Obitio left me feeling nostalgic over Sasuke's defeat to Rock Lee all that time ago.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 06, 13 at 5:50pm
NARETO

I've made the next Thread.

General Manga Discussion 17: Madara's Ascention

Nov 06, 13 at 4:17pm
zanderman

Lol so lets forget the last 300 or so chapters where Tobi was an asshole and led to many many deaths. It's all ok because he was manipulated?

Nov 06, 13 at 2:54pm
Duncan Idaho

quote zanderman
Yeah but that doesn't make up for this or Pain, or hell even Orochimaru's new-found "kindness" (even though that is all bullshit). It pretty much raises the question of "what the hell was the purpose of this all?" If the guy could be talked out of the whole war by a 16 year old boy, then what was the point? Not like Obito could ever be redeemed since he just killed thousands and started a massive war. At least Sasuke had a chance at redemption until he attacked the Kage summit, but Obito has nothing. Madara better step in and kill him.
Obito is a walking ball of angst pure and simple he got manipulated by Madara, he is not really the big bad, he has been so far a mere chess piece.

Nov 06, 13 at 2:00pm
kuje

I swear ever since Tobi's identity was revealed I've felt like I've been in a genjutsu where everything about Naruto sucks. What has happened to this series?

I knew this war arc was gonna be terrible but this... this is beyond anything I could have imagined. The worst part is that people are defending this bull crap. I have a friend that just recently discovered Naruto and it's become his new religion or something. He refuses to say it sucks.

Nov 06, 13 at 9:36am
Remedy

Agreed. Pretty boring. At least we can finally conclude Madara will take over and continue onwards with his plan. I hope there's an interesting twist coming up.

Nov 06, 13 at 8:25am
Rondo

That was disappointing.

Nov 06, 13 at 5:37am
zanderman

Yeah but that doesn't make up for this or Pain, or hell even Orochimaru's new-found "kindness" (even though that is all bullshit). It pretty much raises the question of "what the hell was the purpose of this all?" If the guy could be talked out of the whole war by a 16 year old boy, then what was the point? Not like Obito could ever be redeemed since he just killed thousands and started a massive war. At least Sasuke had a chance at redemption until he attacked the Kage summit, but Obito has nothing. Madara better step in and kill him.

Nov 05, 13 at 6:16am
Darknet

Madara is that villain. All the Naruto speeches in the world won't turn him around.

Nov 03, 13 at 4:04am
zanderman

Yes, we are all very very sick of Naruto's speeches. At some point, the enemy needs to actually be evil and not be persuaded into stopping. Guys like Kisame and Kakuzu were so god damn cool, but did they get an emotional speech to talk them out of their plan? No, Naruto just chooses the damn cry babies.

Oct 30, 13 at 10:37pm
Rondo

I hate how they always over-exaggerate Naruto's speeches.