Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » Patriot Viper 3 8GB DDR3-2133 Review » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Aug 31, 12 at 4:50pmleochan

Patriot's Viper 3 lineup of DDR3 memory kits support Intel's latest socket 1155 Ivy Bridge platform and feature "Black Mamba" heat shields that are designed to be both light in weight yet heavy in thermal reduction. Hit our review of the value-priced 8GB DDR3-2133 kit to see if its a heavy hitter in performance as well.

Patriot Viper 3 8GB DDR3-2133 Review

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 04, 12 at 11:24pm
PureOCJim

quote StephenatorCY
Thanks mate! No prob!
Should is not the right answer when it comes to memory. See if it is on the approved list is the best recommendation. If you buy it and it don't work, that's an issue.

Nov 04, 12 at 9:07am
StephenatorCY

Thanks mate! No prob!

Nov 03, 12 at 10:26pm
Cryonicstate

Sorry for it taking me this long to respond to your question I have been out sick. There should be no compatibility issues with that board.

Oct 26, 12 at 9:24am
StephenatorCY

Is this ram compatible with the Asus ROG Formula IV motherboard? I have the AMD Penom II X6 prossesor

Sep 03, 12 at 9:29am
Cryonicstate

The ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 did down clock the memory to 1600, I set the XMP profile and rebooted and the memory was running at 2133. If I remember right at 1600 the timings were 9-9-9-27 1T.
I will check on the underclocking and tighter timings.

Sep 01, 12 at 1:27pm
harbin

Really is quite nice looking stick of RAM there, being completely all in black.

Wondering though if support for that speed is fully natively supported or if boards would downclock it. One thing I'd like to find out though is if downclocking it would allow for much tighter timings, and how much of a difference in terms of performance it would make.

Aug 31, 12 at 4:50pm
leochan

Patriot's Viper 3 lineup of DDR3 memory kits support Intel's latest socket 1155 Ivy Bridge platform and feature "Black Mamba" heat shields that are designed to be both light in weight yet heavy in thermal reduction. Hit our review of the value-priced 8GB DDR3-2133 kit to see if its a heavy hitter in performance as well.