Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » NBA 2K13 » Player Ratings slowly being revealed » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Aug 29, 12 at 8:26pm

Over the past couple of days, 2k Sports has been leaking out player ratings, a few at a time. Usually every 1000 followers the receive on Twitter, they'll throw out a few more ratings for prominent players. The list so far (I'll try to keep the first post updated):

Kobe Bryant - 93
Carmelo Anthony - 92
Rajon Rondo - 90
Kevin Durant - 95
Blake Griffin - 87
Harrison Barnes - 75
Scottie Pippen - 92
Kevin Love - 89
Anthony Davis - 80
Monta Ellis - 86
Dion Waiters - 71
Andre Iguodala - 87
Allen Iverson - 95
Jared Dudley - 75
Thomas Robinson - 75
Andrew Bynum - 87
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist - 78
Tyreke Evans - 81
Austin Rivers- 67
Chris Paul- 94
Amare Stoudemire- 84
Steve Nash - 87
Danny Granger - 84
Kenneth Faried - 76
Javale McGee – 74
Josh Smith – 87
Kemba Walker - 78
Marc Gasol – 83
Pau Gasol – 87
Serge Ibaka – 81
Eric Gordon – 85
Aaron Brooks - 77
Manu Ginobili - 86
D. Howard – 96
C. Bosh - 83
R. Hibbert - 86
Devin Harris – 77
Ray Allen – 80
Marshon Brooks - 73
Paul Pierce – 83
Caron Butler – 81
Zach Randolph – 84
Lamar Odom – 71
Al Jefferson – 84
Dirk Nowitzki - 85
Luke Walton – 66
Nick Young – 72
Jason Terry – 77

-----

Yes, yes you did read that list correctly. Allen Iverson will be in the game and in top form. Definitely psyched about using AI again after it had been so long!

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 13, 12 at 6:05pm
Demonfurby

He can score much more easily than Durant solely because of his insane physical talents. There has never been an athlete that big, that strong, and that fast in that combination ever before, and that's enough to make him the best. Hell, he's averaged, what, 27 ppg for his career even when scoring has never been at the top of his priorities in a game. If he cared enough he could easily lead the league in scoring every year.

Oct 13, 12 at 5:27pm
ambing1

quote Demonfurby
Way overrated was a bit of an overstament. He's a great defender and a reliable scorer when given the opportunity, he just hasn't had the onus put on his scoring because of the big three in OKC.

The only thing Melo does it score, and at best he's second in the league to Durant in that category. Hell, if LeBron wanted to, he'd be the best scorer in the league just in terms of him being the best attacker of the basket in the league by far. Add in him beginning to take advantage of his insane post advantage and he can be the best scorer in the league if he wanted to. He's a good enough shooter to keep defenders honest too, especially when he's hot. Melo almost never plays defense, isn't a good rebounder for his size, and an awful playmaker in terms of setting up others. That's not 90+ material to me.

And I'm adament about Rondo being the best point guard in the league. The ONLY thing he needs to improve is his outside shooting, and it's definitely been coming along the past few years, and has a good enough stroke to get it right the more he's relied on to score.. He does everything better than every other point guard in the league if you're not including LeBron as a point.
I don't like Lebron that much but i have great respect for his scoring ability. And needless to say he can score as easily as Durant if he wants so. However, what's keeping him is his trained mindset to try to pass if possible. he's been that way even in college eventhough he's a good scorer.

Oct 05, 12 at 2:39pm
Demonfurby

Way overrated was a bit of an overstament. He's a great defender and a reliable scorer when given the opportunity, he just hasn't had the onus put on his scoring because of the big three in OKC.

The only thing Melo does it score, and at best he's second in the league to Durant in that category. Hell, if LeBron wanted to, he'd be the best scorer in the league just in terms of him being the best attacker of the basket in the league by far. Add in him beginning to take advantage of his insane post advantage and he can be the best scorer in the league if he wanted to. He's a good enough shooter to keep defenders honest too, especially when he's hot. Melo almost never plays defense, isn't a good rebounder for his size, and an awful playmaker in terms of setting up others. That's not 90+ material to me.

And I'm adament about Rondo being the best point guard in the league. The ONLY thing he needs to improve is his outside shooting, and it's definitely been coming along the past few years, and has a good enough stroke to get it right the more he's relied on to score.. He does everything better than every other point guard in the league if you're not including LeBron as a point.

Oct 05, 12 at 10:32am
The Hazard

Ibaka isn't overrated at all.. he's such a reliable PF to count on. Hell I'd put him higher. When a player in his position scores higher on key stats like shot blocking, it'll make your overall take a sizeable increase. And given that he's known for his blocking means he isn't just good in that department, but in def. awareness, low post defense, etc.

Most of the overalls look fine, except of course Howard... Melo is good enough to be 90+ but if it was really based on last season, he would be around the 85 mark. Maybe the developers thought he had an off year.

Rondo's fine where he is. As good as he was last playoffs, he still needs to work on his shooting and is less than favorable at the free throw line. Granted, he certainly is improving on his jumpshot, his midrange game is certainly getting there and once he comes full circle with it, he'll definitely be deserving of 93 and beyond. If anyone's too high, it's Pau Gasol. Dude certainly isn't playing like he used to, but at least his stats from last season are still making a case for him.. for now.

Oct 01, 12 at 5:47am
Demonfurby

Yeah, Dwight is not that good. 90 max. Give me Bynum any day.

Smell the Chiken Not sure about the clutch thing, but he's definitely a better pure point guard, and him being the best rebounding guard in the league should have helped put him over a little.

Just read the new ones and damn it's getting ridiculous. Ray Allen is 80 but Pierce is only 83? Allen's too high and Pierce is a little low. Ibaka is way overrated, Marc Gasol is underrated, and Nowitzki's only 85? No way.

Sep 20, 12 at 9:12pm
Chad

Smell the Chiken - Agreed on rather having Rondo. The only thing is, there is a cap of how much you can put into one stat, so as good as Rondo may be at passing, vision, etc., CP3 is still exceptional in those areas as well, so he can't be too low there. Then throw in his advantage shooting wise, and it weighs a little bit more in his favor, even despite Rondo's (imo, will need to see the detailed ratings) better defensive skill. Just an unfortunate causality of the overall being an aggregate of all of their ratings, when one player is other-worldy in particular aspects. They both are known to have the Dimer and Floor General signature skills, so it will be interesting to see what else separates them to show a noticeable difference in why Rondo would be more advantageous (at least in a lot of situations).

quote Demonfurby
Bynum should be 90 at least. Interested to see where Dwight is.
96. That puts him and 87 overall Pau together in the frontcourt.

Sep 20, 12 at 7:43pm
Smell The Chiken

quote Demonfurby
Rondo's should be at CP3's level, if not one more.
This is something I didn't notice but I completely agree with. I'd rather have Rondo over Chris Paul any day. Paul is quicker, but Rondo can throw better dimes, make tough lay-ups, and score in clutch situations. He was the star last year in Boston easily, and his rating should show that.

Sep 20, 12 at 4:50pm
Demonfurby

Kobe's being overrated, like always. I bet his defense is 90+ again.

Melo's waay overrated. I'd put him at around 85-87.

Griffin's obviously overrated.

Stoudamire's living off his Phoenix days. He's a defensive liability and being so injury prone he shouldn't be near there. Probably should be high 70s to 80 at most,

Rondo's should be at CP3's level, if not one more.

Bynum should be 90 at least. Interested to see where Dwight is.

Love should be a bit better, at least 90.

And Durant should be a bit higher, assuming LeBron's going to have the highest at 99. Durant should be a bit lower than him.

But 2k is still better at this than EA will ever be. I'll take those small gripes and adjust their rating to where I feel they should be when I get it.

Sep 16, 12 at 7:57pm
Chad

Last year Dirk wasn't rated too high, even after coming off a championship run. The devs justified it by saying there is a lot more than just ratings to look at, as certain players are better in certain situations, mentioning Dirk's range and the percentage he'll drain turn around/fadeaway jumpers that isn't factored into the rating. I wonder if the Signature Skills will have an effect on the ratings or not.

Sep 14, 12 at 6:37pm
Smell The Chiken

Looking to see where some other players like Dwight and Dirk stand, but overall not bad. I'm kind of happy that Kevin Love is higher than Blake Griffin. Love is a much better shooter than Griffin, and now they have decided that Love can out-rebound him as well. I guess I just found it frustrating when I'd play the Clippers in 2K12 and Griffin would have 15 rebounds. I guess they nerfed him a little bit.