Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » User Reviews Critiques and Help » P_L's Reviews - Latest: The 7th Guest » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/Products/PS2/Ico/userreviews.html?reviewid=35541
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Aug 28, 12 at 7:35pmPraetorian_Lord

Current: The 7th Guest (PC) - 5/10

Previous

Super Mario World (SNES) - 10/10

Journey (PS3) - 9/10

Jeanne D'Arc (PSP) - 8.5/10

Ōkami (Wii) - 8.5/10

The Binding of Isaac (PC) - 8.5/10

Dear Esther (PC) - 8/10

Amnesia: The Dark Descent (PC) - 8/10

L.A. Noire (PS3) - 8/10

The Legend of Zelda (NES) - 8/10

LIMBO (PC) - 8/10

Assassin's Creed (PS3) - 7.5/10

Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare (PS3) - 7.5/10

Silent Hill (PSP) - 7.5/10

Braid (PC) - 7/10

F.E.A.R. (PS3) - 7/10

Dead Space (PS3) - 6.5/10

Metal Gear Solid (PSP) - 6.5/10

Deus Ex: Human Revolution (PS3) - 6/10

Resistance: Fall of Man (PS3) - 5/10

Home (PC) - 4/10

Friends! Romans! Miscellaneous! Lend me your eyes! And, well, fingers.

Having now submitted four reviews, I thought the time might be right to create a thread where you can critically tear them a new one. Any and all feedback will be read, appreciated, and taken on board, even if it takes a few tearful hours or sleepless nights to accept them.

I'm also open to suggestions for future reviews, based on what I've finished playing recently (this will be edited):
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii)
  • Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (Wii)
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3)
  • BioShock (PS3)
  • New Super Mario Bros (3DS)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (3DS)

Cheers, and thanks for stopping by!

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 29, 13 at 6:09pm
Praetorian_Lord

Journey
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Silent Hill

Up to 20 reviews with that last one!

Great to receive feedback as always. Everything's taken on board even if I don't respond - made a special effort in the last two reviews, for instance, to insert more commas.

Sep 25, 13 at 2:33am
Watain

just read your Journey review and I got a few things I need to point out.

‘Artistic video games’ is quickly becoming my favourite genre
I don't really care for the wording here. it's a bit too Engrish for my liking. something like "I'm really starting to love these more artistic video games" seems to be a better fit.

but it’s watered down all the individual genres to the point we’re they’re all starting to resemble each other.
*where

and again dude, heaps of missing commas! it's a really good review otherwise.

Sep 07, 13 at 5:24am
Praetorian_Lord

Haha, cheers for the read Watain - I'm a bit relieved tbh, when I saw you'd posted in here I naturally assumed you were going to tear my review apart! At least missing commas are an easy fix.

I think the problem that I have is that I get too concerned about my point being watered down in the course of my sentence due to detail and accordingly I most frequently leave the actual point that I'm making right until the end of the sentence.

...Rather like that. I'll be sure to keep it in mind for next time, thank you!

Sep 06, 13 at 7:26am
Watain

there are so many missing commas in that Super Mario World review. I'd hate to imagine reading that out loud in its current form in front of people without pauses, especially where there ought to be pauses.

great stuff otherwise.

Sep 03, 13 at 8:27pm
Praetorian_Lord

The Legend of Zelda
Super Mario World

Been out of the game for a while, and fear I might've gotten a bit rusty. Any feedback as always would be really appreciated.

Mar 04, 13 at 8:10pm
Lukas

quote Praetorian_Lord
quote Lukas
especially considering that it's Monterey Jack's comeback review versus yet another Praetorian Lord review.
In which case I'll be extremely fortunate if it isn't submitted before the next deadline.
nope he got it in before the next deadline

Mar 04, 13 at 7:56pm
Praetorian_Lord

quote Lukas
especially considering that it's Monterey Jack's comeback review versus yet another Praetorian Lord review.
In which case I'll be extremely fortunate if it isn't submitted before the next deadline.

Mar 04, 13 at 7:35pm
Lukas

quote Praetorian_Lord
quote Monterey Jack
lol submitting an Okami review under our noses
Haha, I was actually halfway through writing mine when I saw your post in the review progress thread. Felt a bit bad but I don't think it will steal any of your thunder.

Mar 04, 13 at 5:09pm
Praetorian_Lord

quote Monterey Jack
Haha, I was actually halfway through writing mine when I saw your post in the review progress thread. Felt a bit bad but I don't think it will steal any of your thunder.

It's a cutthroat business, this reviewing lark.

Mar 04, 13 at 1:43am
Monterey Jack

but it's a p good review mate. seems like you're a bit harder on it than I was but I'm digging what you're writing.