Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » PlayStation Vita » New firmware is live - PSOne games are a go » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Aug 28, 12 at 2:54amRaijin1999

Store hasnt updated to reflect the PSOne game listings on the Vita's side of PSN, but you can still download the PSOne games to your PS3 and then use content manager to transfer the install apps to your Vita.

The new firmware also adds the option to use buttons to navigate the menus instead of always smearing the screen with oily fingers and what have you, which is a plus.

It also adds background support for eventual software that will allow you to use the vita as a 2nd screen for games (the WiiU countermeasure). Nothing supports it at the moment though so not much to talk about.

But yeah, finally some more games to use it for.

Note: Not all the PSOne games are compatible with the Vita. It will not detect the install apps for some games. IE: Legend of Mana is a no-go, while Final Fantasy VII and Fighting Force work fine. Lot of tiny PSOne games so you should be able to fit quite a number on a 16gb stick.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 10, 12 at 10:57am
Agent Mo

I'm not a Need For Speed person though either, not sure why. I've only played a few, the most recent being the Hot Pursuit demo (if you can count that) and it just didn't click with me. Probably my favourite racer of all time is Split/Second, it's quite flawed on the car handling side, but the destruction / power play mechanic (if you know what i'm talking about) is extremely fun. And the drifting is pretty badass too.

EDIT: NICE! RE 1, 2 and 3 went on a half price sale in the update today, so glad i waited. RE2 still isn't compatible with the Vita though

Sep 10, 12 at 9:16am
Wakaman

Never played a Gran Tourismo game myself and I feel the same as Mo, I prefer Need For Speed where you don't have to be all technical and stuff. I like racers alot though so I dunno if I wouldn't enjoy it, seems like F1 to me and that indeed looks boring.

Sep 09, 12 at 11:56pm
Agent Mo

quote Ville_Valo
This I don't understand. Gran Turismo is like Top Gear: you don't have to be into its particular brand of entertainment to enjoy it.
It seems that GT is accessible enough that most racing fans like it. If it's too tough you can turn up the assists, but the thrill of having so, so many cars at your fingertips never gets old. It makes ~80 from NFS look plain.
That's the thing though, i don't care about how many cars and what paint jobs and shit are available, i just like the thrill of the race. Games like GT are boring to me because you have to pay attention to stuff like your speed, your position in the lane when going into a corner etc etc. Whereas in something like Motorstorm, yeah that stuff matters but nowhere near as much, and it's literally about going as fast as you can and trying to knock the opponents off, and the tracks are much more inventive with jumps, cliffs, lava lakes and all that stuff. I'll admit i did have some fun with GT3 on the PS2 though.

Sep 09, 12 at 8:47pm
Ville_Valo

quote Agent Mo
Never got into Gran Turismo. I'm not a fan of racing simulators, much prefer arcade racers.
This I don't understand. Gran Turismo is like Top Gear: you don't have to be into its particular brand of entertainment to enjoy it.
It seems that GT is accessible enough that most racing fans like it. If it's too tough you can turn up the assists, but the thrill of having so, so many cars at your fingertips never gets old. It makes ~80 from NFS look plain.

Sep 09, 12 at 11:58am
DarkX

Oooh, i have the NA store.. Lucky lol >_<!

Sep 09, 12 at 12:43am
Agent Mo

quote DarkX
quote Agent Mo
RESIDENT EVIL DIRECTORS CUT ON THE VITA STORE WOOP WOOP.

Still don't get why RE2 isn't there, even though on the PS3 store it says it's compatible with Vita....
dafuq?!?!? I'm looking at the list and RE:DC isn't there... what foul visual jutsu you playing here 0_0...
EU store?

It wasn't there in the first week of PS1 classics (RE3 was though), but on the second week it was added.

Sep 08, 12 at 8:02pm
wookiee1shoe

All 3 resident evil games were free for the 15th anniversary bout 6 months ago on ps plus so got them in the hope vita got ps1 classics upgrade only game which got me angry it wasn't included was command and conquer red alert retaliation oh an resident evil 2 could be on the ps1 imports bit as mine have a little American flag next to them

Sep 08, 12 at 5:58pm
DarkX

quote Agent Mo
RESIDENT EVIL DIRECTORS CUT ON THE VITA STORE WOOP WOOP.

Still don't get why RE2 isn't there, even though on the PS3 store it says it's compatible with Vita....
dafuq?!?!? I'm looking at the list and RE:DC isn't there... what foul visual jutsu you playing here 0_0...

Sep 07, 12 at 2:20pm
Agent Mo

Never got into Gran Turismo. I'm not a fan of racing simulators, much prefer arcade racers.

Sep 06, 12 at 8:44pm
Ville_Valo

quote Agent Mo
quote Wakaman
Spyro games are a must for me.
BRO YOU GET SEXIER AND SEXIER EVERY DAY.

It's a shame the EU store doesn't have the Spyro games
Such a shame. When you don't have Gran Turismo or Spyro, you have to ask yourself if it's really worth it. Both redefined their respective genres.

But hey. I'm currently playing Spyro on my Android phone. Good job, Sony. Sure, I'd rather better controls and better compatibility, but it works on my phone and it's free.