Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » League of Legends » League on Linux by way of Virtualbox » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

AD Carry Mage Jungler Support Top Lane

hideOriginal Post

Aug 24, 12 at 6:12pmMegaBassMan

So my father plans to get a computer and install the Linux OS on it. Would League work if I installed VirtualBox and use Windows as a Guest OS? I ask this because this is about the only way I'll have access to League for about a year, which is when I'll get my own laptop, probably.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 28, 12 at 8:56am
RazeHell

You're going to need probably at least 4 gigs of ram to run both the virtual machine and League, and even then, it'll be really slow with minimal fps.
The problem is that you're going to need at least that much to run the Linux OS at the same time.

I have a 4 gig RAM, and I can barely run Lubuntu (an extremely lightweight Linux distro) on my virtual machine, even when I allow a 2 gig allocation.

So unless your dad is getting a computer with at the very least 8 gigs of ram, you're probably not going to have much luck with LoL for a while.

Aug 26, 12 at 5:43am
Bass Ultra

Depends on how high end the computer is going to be.

You should be able to run Linux + Windows VM easily, but I don't know about running a game inside windows.

Aug 25, 12 at 2:21am
Fluroclad

It's all right, you do need to have a quite a bit of RAM though to play League, and run 2OS's at the same time.

I have 6GB RAM Ubuntu computer, and 4GB RAM Linux mint laptop both with VirtualBox and it slows down the computer so much.

Aug 24, 12 at 8:48pm
MegaBassMan

I read up on that a little bit, but the bugs associated with it displease me. With VB, I'm hoping it runs better. If not, I'll deal with what I can get.

Aug 24, 12 at 7:47pm
Lorx

I thought people usually used Wine to play Windows games on Linux systems?

How well/not well Wine plays LoL

Aug 24, 12 at 6:12pm
MegaBassMan

So my father plans to get a computer and install the Linux OS on it. Would League work if I installed VirtualBox and use Windows as a Guest OS? I ask this because this is about the only way I'll have access to League for about a year, which is when I'll get my own laptop, probably.