Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » New Super Mario Bros. 2 » Afterthoughts & Lasting Opinions » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Count Bleck Mario Toad Baby Luigi Baby Mario Boo Ludwig Luigi Goomba Piranha Plant Fire Mario Luigi small mario Star Fire Flower Peach Toad Coin Block Cheep Cheep Donkey Kong Yoshi Spiny Blooper Buzzy Beetle Bullet Bill Fawful Lakitu Paratroopa Classic Mushroom Poison Mushroom Daisy Poison Mushroom 2 Mushroom 1-Up Boo King Boo Luma Bowser Rosalina Paper Luigi Yoshi

hideOriginal Post

Aug 20, 12 at 8:25pmVirtue

With the game being released only a few days ago, it gives ample time to think about the what could have been, and what's actually there in New Super Mario Bros. 2. Whether you praise every aspect of the game or criticize even the smallest of details, the game is bound to be a highlight not just for the 3DS, but the general category of handhelds.

So far, what's your opinion of the game? Did it live up to the hype, and what should have been added to meet these expectations? I'm only on World 1, and I'd say I'm pretty content with how it turned out. Collecting all of these coins is something I have to get used to however.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 20, 12 at 10:23pm
John234MKWii

Yeah, especially for the guys who love Mario but absolutely despise Miis. That'll make it even worse.

Sep 20, 12 at 6:43pm
Virtue

quote John234MKWii
quote Gotenks
Forgot about Wii Sports. But yeah, I use to play a lot of Wii Sports so I guess I have used the Mii more than a few times. They work for a game like that but in a series like Mario? No thanks.
Totally this. Why would something not so popular appear in a game that is expected to get loads of replay value? Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, MKWii, those games are alright, but in NSMBU? Nintendo, you are all but going too far.
That's probably the most frustrating aspects of this. Granted it wouldn't add tons of hours of game play, but the game would definitely more lasting appeal if they added just one, at the most two other characters. IT's essentially a modern remake, so why not?

Sep 20, 12 at 1:54am
John234MKWii

quote Kokoro
I only used a Mii like a couple times in Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart 7 and that's it. They should focus on actual Mario characters, rather than Miis.
Same here. Nintendo should've added characters important to the Mario series, not characters that have appeared in games that weren't really that popular.

Sep 20, 12 at 1:41am
Kokoro

I only used a Mii like a couple times in Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart 7 and that's it. They should focus on actual Mario characters, rather than Miis.

Sep 19, 12 at 10:35pm
John234MKWii

quote Gotenks
Forgot about Wii Sports. But yeah, I use to play a lot of Wii Sports so I guess I have used the Mii more than a few times. They work for a game like that but in a series like Mario? No thanks.
Totally this. Why would something not so popular appear in a game that is expected to get loads of replay value? Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, MKWii, those games are alright, but in NSMBU? Nintendo, you are all but going too far.

Sep 19, 12 at 4:27pm
Gotenks

Sep 19, 12 at 2:13pm
John234MKWii

quote Virtue
quote Gotenks
Kids may enjoy it but I'm not someone who does. I think I have only used the Miis like two or three times in all of the games that it has been an option. Give us an actual Mario character to play as.
The only time I have used a Mii is in Wii Sports, and that's only because it was required to play the game. They really aren't that fascinating. Incorporating them into every game doesn't really compel me to like them more.

And in Wii Sports Resort. Seriously, I prefer Miis to be away from main Mario series games, but they were OK in games like MKWii, Mario Super Sluggers, those type of games.

Sep 19, 12 at 10:30am
Virtue

quote Gotenks
Kids may enjoy it but I'm not someone who does. I think I have only used the Miis like two or three times in all of the games that it has been an option. Give us an actual Mario character to play as.
The only time I have used a Mii is in Wii Sports, and that's only because it was required to play the game. They really aren't that fascinating. Incorporating them into every game doesn't really compel me to like them more.

Sep 18, 12 at 1:22am
John234MKWii

Yeah, that's not the norm of the Mario series. Seriously, adding a character out of the blue? Though I would like to try them out. Still, I'm disappointed that Nintendo didn't add more new characters. But, I guess that's life.

Sep 18, 12 at 1:15am
Kokoro

quote Gotenks
Yeah, same here. I want to play as a Mario character, not a Mii.