Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Diablo III » 1.0.4 tomorrow » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Aug 20, 12 at 7:08pmShiris

1.0.4 coming tomorrow after the The Americas: 3:00 a.m. PDT to 1:00 p.m. PDT (8/21) maintenance/patch

AH Changes:

Players can now cancel their auctions at any point so long they do not have any active bids on them (it will still take five minutes for a listed auction to become searchable, however).

Stat increases which come from slotted gems will no longer be factored in when searching for equipment. Instead, your search criteria will only take into account the base stat values for an item.

Players can now search for stats on Legendary items! Yay!

The Auctions tab and Completed tab will now refresh whenever one of your items has been purchased.Whenever an auction expires or is cancelled, the listing price of that item will now display in the Completed tab.

There's more but those are the ones I felt that mattered.

------------------------------------

Paragorn exp chart
Gives people something to do now, eventually you can hit max mf/gf when you hit paragorn cap.

Every Paragon level will reward you with:
- Core stats such as Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence, and Vitality in amounts similar to what you'd gain from a normal level
- 3% Magic Find and 3% Gold Find

---------------------------------------

I tried copy and pasting the full patch notes but that didn't work very well lol

Blizzard's Full Patch Notes

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 05, 12 at 6:05am
Leonidas-SD

I actually like the new MF change, there will be less item swapping which is good since it was a really retarded part of gameplay.

Aug 25, 12 at 5:15am
LloydToS

They should just have made MF a bonus stat on gear to be honest. Give every piece a little bit with increasingly slim chances of high MF. It would have made less of a difference to swap gear all the time.

Aug 25, 12 at 5:11am
CarRamrod

quote Fatal Error
Your complaints really aren't making much sense now. Magic find isn't being "eliminated" at all, and the cap at 300% is ridiculously high as it is and can actually bee increased with NV anyways. Linearity is simply not something that will be addressed until an expansion is made, and you and everyone else should know that already. Linearity itself isn't even a massive issue, as most games are totally linear anyways, just with more "space" to explore. Opening up more ruins during each playthrough would add a lot and may have been done as well, as I have noticed more dungeons lately.
They could add dungeons and areas with a patch if they wanted to. Saying every game is linear is a terrible argument. Most were when D2 released and yet in D2 you could go back And forth between acts without leaving a game. You could go around wherever without having to advance the story. And Jay Wilson has said he wants to eliminate MF gear, that's what I meant, which is pretty dumb.

Aug 25, 12 at 1:07am
Fatal Error

Your complaints really aren't making much sense now. Magic find isn't being "eliminated" at all, and the cap at 300% is ridiculously high as it is and can actually bee increased with NV anyways. Linearity is simply not something that will be addressed until an expansion is made, and you and everyone else should know that already. Linearity itself isn't even a massive issue, as most games are totally linear anyways, just with more "space" to explore. Opening up more ruins during each playthrough would add a lot and may have been done as well, as I have noticed more dungeons lately.

Aug 24, 12 at 7:47am
CarRamrod

quote BANDITO ATTACK
they addressed shitty legendaries

they addressed lack of endgame grind with another 100 levels

they addressed terrible class balance

they addressed MF gear swapping

they addressed limited AH searching

literally every complaint was touched on by this patch. are you on coke?
As said there need to be more open areas not connected to the story. How about traveling between acts without leaving and starting a new game? How about fixing the overall drops so that an extra 100 levels wouldn't be necessary to add? The linearity of the game and boringness don't necessarily make it a fun 100 level grind. Addressed MF by working to eliminate it, and capping at 300? MF is part of Diablo, so no, it's dumb.

I do have to say this is a step in the right direction, but it's honestly too little, too late for this game. Myself as well as many others are moving to GW2 tomorrow. I have spent at least a couple hours playing after 1.0.4 to try it out, and it is a little better, but it's still not as fun as Diablo should be. Jay Wilson even admitted that in his apology post on the forums, and I'm glad to see they are adding more than just PvP as endgame content.

I will continue to read up on the game and try it out after upcoming patches, as I have done, but with GW2 coming out tomorrow, and CSGO having released on Tuesday I have too many GREAT games to play with those as well as BF3 and select few games I bought during the Steam Summer Sale. I want to like the game more as I love the series, but as of right now it is not worth my time, even though I may play a little tonight to mess around with the new WD buffs.

Aug 23, 12 at 11:05am
LloydToS

I'm currently trying to the the remaining 3 classes up to 60, but I'm taking it rather slow. I really can't stand the whole unlocking/lvling thing. Might sound a bit stupid but when they are all lvl 60 I can clean up my stash with all the alt-gear junk I have laying around at the moment.

Aug 23, 12 at 11:01am
Fatal Error

I need to start working on act II inferno with my DH now. I can probably work with a different build to get by with the new patch.

Aug 23, 12 at 7:02am
LloydToS

My WD is happily cleaning up Act 3 inferno with my ilevel 61 gear. Pets work like they should have from the start to be honest. My DPS isn't insane high as my gear is balanced between defense and offense but I managed to 1shot Ghom and I'm on my way to Azmodan.

Aug 23, 12 at 6:51am
Yoshi Fanatic

This patch was absolutely glorious for WD's. Tankdoctor with pet builds were incredible for me in Act I. I died 3 times due to faults of my own and lost a total of one zombie dog in all of the encounters I faced. My Garg hits like a truck as well. Found a solid 1k dps weapon with 400 int on it in Act I so I'm going to hit Act II up this morning to see how I fare.

Aug 23, 12 at 2:41am
Shiris

quote BANDITO ATTACK
they addressed shitty legendaries

they addressed lack of endgame grind with another 100 levels

they addressed terrible class balance

they addressed MF gear swapping

they addressed limited AH searching

literally every complaint was touched on by this patch. are you on coke?
This.

I'd actually be playing again if Guild Wars 2 wasn't coming out in less than 2 days.