Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Diablo III » Diablo 3 team insult creator of Diablo » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Aug 20, 12 at 4:20pmtekmosis

Some site did an interview with the creator of the series (worked on Diablo / Diablo II), David Brevik. Brevik stated some constructive criticism while trying to be civil and the D3 team took up arms. People have mentioned that the D3 team are probably "anti D/D2" now because a huge chunk of the community keeps comparing it to D2 and making comments like "D2 was better" etc. Either way, their comments were unprofessional, especially from the game's lead, Jay Wilson.

Source:
http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/yikph/diablo_3_game_director_to_diablo_12_project_lead/

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 09, 12 at 3:14pm
death talon

"just wait till im on the D4 team. things will be different." would be a funny quote.

Aug 24, 12 at 8:13am
CarRamrod

Anybody see Jay Wilson's apology that is posted on the Diablo 3 forums? He had to do it but it's funny to see at the same time.

Aug 22, 12 at 12:37pm
LloydToS

Indeed, basically everything you put on 'free' facebook and other sources is being sold as statistical data for many other companies to be processed etc. Sure that might not do any harm as that's such bulks of impersonal data but some basic knowledge should tell you a few things like don't put your address in public places etc.. Same goes for swearing at another game developer.

Aug 22, 12 at 8:58am
HunterKiller666

It still amazes me how people just don't realize how bad social media can *bleep* up your professional life if you treat it as some personal blog.

Aug 22, 12 at 2:47am
LloydToS

quote Crusad3r
This is rather disappointing to see from game developers. Stress/frustration or not, such things are much better left unsaid.

Though I'd rather people do air their dirty laundry for my amusement
I agree, they could have just discussed this at work with colleagues rather than put it on something like FB. What gets put on the internet is there forever, unless we get hit by a solarflare but ah well....

Aug 21, 12 at 10:04pm
Crusad3r

This is rather disappointing to see from game developers. Stress/frustration or not, such things are much better left unsaid.

Though I'd rather people do air their dirty laundry for my amusement

Aug 21, 12 at 5:02pm
CarRamrod

quote tekmosis
BANDITO ATTACK, I had a lot more fun with Hellgate than I did with D3 (unfortunately). Brevik was being very civil in his responses to try and not to spark controversy, just speaking his mind. This is the dude the created the first two Diablo games and made the series so popular, which is why D3 sold so many games, because of the huge D1/2 fan base.

Hellgate failed because EA pushed it out the door a few months earlier than it should have. The game had potential, and when I went to London a few months ago, in a couple places I was like "Hey, I remember this place from Hellgate". But, the game was the precursor to Torchlight.
QFT on every aspect. Hellgate was a good game with lots of potential but like I said used a terrible business model which caused Flagship to go under. Oh well, I have Guild Wars 2 to keep me busy and eventually Torchlight 2 will accompany it. I shall try out the World of Warcraft Diablo Edition's prestige mode (taken from CoD) out but since they haven't touched the RNG and cooldowns I'm 99% sure this new patch will not help the game out all that much. It might add 5 more minutes of replayability

Aug 21, 12 at 10:00am
tekmosis

BANDITO ATTACK, I had a lot more fun with Hellgate than I did with D3 (unfortunately). Brevik was being very civil in his responses to try and not to spark controversy, just speaking his mind. This is the dude the created the first two Diablo games and made the series so popular, which is why D3 sold so many games, because of the huge D1/2 fan base.

Hellgate failed because EA pushed it out the door a few months earlier than it should have. The game had potential, and when I went to London a few months ago, in a couple places I was like "Hey, I remember this place from Hellgate". But, the game was the precursor to Torchlight.

Aug 21, 12 at 9:06am
BlackLabel

These guys overreacted big time.. Brevik didn't say anything all that bad in his interview, I guess the realisation that these clowns will never make anything as good as Diablo 2 was too much to handle.

Aug 21, 12 at 6:33am
CarRamrod

quote BANDITO ATTACK
dude helped make two good games ten years ago, and has since made two failed ARPGs and a bankrupt development studio. he criticizes blizzard's design choices while clearly his own aren't treating him too good either.

blizzard are dumb-asses for saying this shit publicly, but i agree -- *bleep* that guy. pot calling the kettle black.
LOL. He makes top notch ARPGs, I'm guessing you never played Hellgate. It was pretty decent and had tons of potential but the business model they used caused the game and company in general to fail. Isn't he working on Torchlight 2? If so it would make sense as the first one is very good and very much like Diablo 2. He knows what makes a good ARPG while the clowns at Blizzard don't.

It's very apparent that they know they failed quality-wise, which is the reason for the FB posts as Brevik didn't specifically throw anyone under the bus and was professional about it. Jay Wilson sucks and needs to be fired or go back to RTS games.