Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » New Super Mario Bros. 2 » The Race to 1 Million Coins » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Count Bleck Mario Toad Baby Luigi Baby Mario Boo Ludwig Luigi Mario MK8 Goomba Piranha Plant Fire Mario Luigi small mario Star Fire Flower Peach Toad Coin Block Cheep Cheep Donkey Kong Yoshi Spiny Blooper Buzzy Beetle Bullet Bill Fawful Lakitu Paratroopa Classic Mushroom Poison Mushroom Daisy Poison Mushroom 2 Mushroom 1-Up Boo King Boo Luma Bowser Rosalina Paper Luigi Yoshi

hideOriginal Post

Aug 18, 12 at 11:25amVirtue

Hello everyone, and welcome to the Race to 1 Million Coins, the first forum competition we'll have for New Super Mario Bros 2. For most of us (NA Residents), the game will not be released until tomorrow. However, there are one or two members who currently own the game. I figured I might as well lay out the rules now and get this thing started.

So what is this anyways?

The contest itself is pretty simple; First Neoseeker member to 1,000,000 will win the competition

What are the rules?

1. There is no deadline/timetable to this contest. It will end when the first person to 1 million coins contacts me in the appropriate manner listed below. I'd like to establish a forum-wide total in the future, but we'll get to that once we see how this goes.

2. In order to participate in this contest, you must PM me with a screen shot of your coin total, along with your member name. How you manage this doesn't really matter (write it on a sticky note on the side or something). This is just to ensure that no one's uploading random screenshots found throughout the internet. Format of the PM doesn't really matter to me, as along as the image is easy to see.

3. 1st Place Prize: Recognition at the forum header and a name change to go along with it. Much thanks to Sigma for the donation!

4. I'm not too "with it" in terms of cheats and hacking devices, but please don't attempt to cheat your way through this. It's supposed to be a contest where we can get some competition going, along with building some community here. While I don't think this will happen, anyone who does get caught will be automatically disqualified with the possibility of other issues.

5. I know, a few people have the game already (August 17th/18th). The difference of a day shouldn't matter all that much.

You can also use this thread to discuss any inquiries, as well as any frustrations you encounter while gathering coins. I'd say that's pretty much everything. This contest "starts" whenever you guys get your hands on the game. Good luck!

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 13, 12 at 2:08pm
John234MKWii

Yeah, it'll probably be ten times as harder than collecting 1,000,000 coins.

Sep 13, 12 at 6:02am
Thrawn

I still think it's bonkers to try and reach 9,999,999 coins, but that's just my opinion.

Sep 13, 12 at 4:15am
Gotenks

Might want to actually give us the correct amount. Still would like to see a photo.

Not hard to snap a picture and upload it to show us.

Sep 13, 12 at 12:48am
John234MKWii

quote John234MKWii
Sorry, can't take a pic. All I'm focusing now on is 9,999,999 coins.

3,629,041 coins now. Hardly believable right?
Thanks for the update, Kokoro.

Sep 13, 12 at 12:43am
Kokoro

That's lower than amount you posted last time.

Sep 12, 12 at 2:51pm
John234MKWii

Sorry, can't take a pic. All I'm focusing now on is 9,999,999 coins.

3,268,041 coins now. Hardly believable right?

Sep 12, 12 at 7:49am
Thrawn

quote John234MKWii
Let's go Kokoro, let's go!

EDIT:
What! Dude how the hell dis you reach that amount?!

Sep 12, 12 at 4:31am
Gotenks

3 Million? Should take a picture and show us!

I haven't really had a ton of time to play the game so I'm still far behind.

Sep 12, 12 at 1:29am
John234MKWii

Let's go Kokoro, let's go!

EDIT:

Sep 12, 12 at 1:15am
Kokoro

So, any update on this soon? I'm up to 583080 coins now.