Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U » Confirmed Characters, when are they announced? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Animal Crossing Donkey Kong Earthbound Fire Emblem F Zero Game and Watch Ice Climber Kid Icarus Kirby Mario Megaman Metal Gear Metroid Pikmin Pokemon ROB Sonic Starfox Warioware Wii Fit Yoshi Legend of Zelda Bowser Captain Falcon Charizard King Dedede Diddy Kong Donkey Kong Doctor Mario Falco Fox Ganondorf Game and Watch Ice Climbers Ike Ivysaur Jigglypuff Kirby Link Lucario Lucas Luigi Mario Marth Meta Knight Mewtwo Ness Olimar Peach Pichu Pikachu Pit Pokemon Trainer ROB Roy Samus Sheik Snake Sonic Squirtle Smash Bros Toon Link Wario Wolf Yoshi Young Link Zelda Zero Suit Samus

hideOriginal Post

Aug 14, 12 at 9:19pmGaTheZakk

Does anybody have any idea when characters are going to start being confirmed for this game?

I know what characters I want in this, but I would also like to know if there is ever going to be a time when characters are announced for this game?

Which newcomer would you like to see at the very first set of character announcment?

I would like to see Ganondorf confirmed as a return character with a sword and I'd like to see Isaac announced as a newcomer to roster.

I was wondering this because Brawl had its first trailer in 2006, a year before it was supposed to come out in december 2007, so I was wondering will this game have any trailers any time soon?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 17, 12 at 6:56pm
Swampasaur

I expect info at E3 2013 and a release date at about 2014.

This Smash seems to be developing faster than the last one. Sakurai already said that the game system is complete. Plus Namco Bandai helping with development should speed things up considerably.

Aug 17, 12 at 2:04am
Kokoro

quote Gotenks
Doesn't really announce a release date. Just says "with a release expected sometime in 2013." Can't really say that confirms an actual 2013 release date. Not to mention their Game Details says "TBA".

I'd be fine with a 2013 release date, don't get me wrong. But I think if we do get it in 2013 then it will be a holiday release, if not it would hopefully be released near the start of 2014.

Yeah, sometime in late 2013 is also my guess. Let's not forget that Brawl was supposed to come out in 2007 and was originally announced in late 2005 or early 2006.

Aug 16, 12 at 9:35am
PwnageMaster67

Hey guys! Sakurai just confirmed that Mario and Kirby are returning!

But seriously, I think that all the characters in the whiteboard art that they revealed a while ago are returning. And I'm hoping that they will reveal new characters in a new Smash Dojo.

Aug 16, 12 at 4:32am
Gotenks

Doesn't really announce a release date. Just says "with a release expected sometime in 2013." Can't really say that confirms an actual 2013 release date. Not to mention their Game Details says "TBA".

I'd be fine with a 2013 release date, don't get me wrong. But I think if we do get it in 2013 then it will be a holiday release, if not it would hopefully be released near the start of 2014.

Aug 16, 12 at 1:57am
BlueLore

I am not sure how trustworthy that information is,but according to ign,they plan to release it sometime during 2013.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/07/masahiro-sakurai-talks-super-smash-bros-4

Aug 16, 12 at 1:25am
Kokoro

I was thinking we would at least get some characters confirmed within this year. I'm a bit surprised we haven't gotten any confirmed characters yet, as this game was announced quite a while back.

Aug 15, 12 at 6:50pm
Roy

Just wait until E3 2013 to see what happens. The Wii U comes out the end of this year, the new 3DS, 3DS XL comes out August 19th, can't wait. The old 3DS hurt my hands.

Aug 15, 12 at 3:06pm
bbb7002004

Eh, I could see a late 2013 timeframe, according to Sakurai they already have a prototype that "looks good and plays great" as of June of this year, so I imagine development is going pretty smooth. I mean, Sakurai was hired to work on Brawl in June of 2005 while having to build an entire development team and still managed to get brawl released a little into 2007 after a slight delay to put in Sonic. This was only a little over a year and a half in development after starting from basically scratch.

In the case of the new game, they have a bigger team that's already worked together and Sakurai had been at the very least thinking about the game since before E3 2011, so I think chances are decent to get the game next year.

Aug 15, 12 at 2:13pm
Gotenks

iirc the 2013 release date was part of the Super Smash Bros. Memories rumor. Quote in there says holiday 2013 which is kind of possible but I'm thinking it will be 2014 when we see this game.

Aug 15, 12 at 9:15am
DedValve

Where does it say that the planned release is 2013? I highly doubt that considering this game started development sometime during January and March of this year.