Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » ReQuests, Feedback and Suggestions » [Suggestion] Increase Avatar Dimensions » Post Reply

Note to Guests: This forum is only for issues related to neoseeker.com. Please, do not post questions related to games. RFS is for site related discussion. If you require gaming help, check the forum directory here and search for the correct forum.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Aug 14, 12 at 4:49pmVast

You're allowed to upload an avatar up to 100x100 but it will get resized to 65x65.

I suggest that it actually let's you see the avatars at the 100x100 size.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 03, 14 at 9:30pm
Kaiba

I think it's kind of hard to make a real judgement based off of the changed avatar sizes in this thread, as it stretches avatars made to look best at 65x65, so it's hard for me to say what exactly looks good or not.

However, keeping that in mind, I'm thinking 75x75 would be best.

Aug 03, 14 at 9:12pm
Chobi

80x80 looks really spectacular to me.

100x100 works well on some forums, but it just looks awkward with Neo's layout.

Aug 02, 14 at 8:27am
Inhale

quote GameOver
80x80 looks good.
Anything past that is too big. I want 80x80 as well.

Aug 01, 14 at 4:43pm
kingy

I'm liking 75x75 myself. Anything over that and it starts looking awkward imo.

Jul 17, 14 at 8:49am
GameOver

80x80 looks good.

Jun 29, 14 at 12:35am
Vast

This thread has been around for 2 years and still no official response. xD

Redemption / tekmosis, is there any chance for this to be implemented? After re-reading through the thread, it seems most Neoseeker members would prefer to have 75x75 - 80x80 avatars if possible.

Jun 28, 14 at 9:08am
Kellan

Ive actually thought before that the avatars are to small. I thing 100x100 is too big and tacky, but maybe 75x75 or even a little bit bigger would be great, because sometimes the size of the images is so hard to look at! And they make it look really nice. (Id be in favor of the option to make the forum really bright colours xD)

I know this is an old thread but I really think this should be changed!

Jun 15, 14 at 11:26pm
Ascii

So when is this being implemented

Dec 08, 13 at 11:50am
JacqueseVonRIP

The best way to determine the max size, I think, is to compare it to the rest of the user information on a post. In my opinion, a persons avatar shouldn't be much wider than their join date. Avatar sizes of 80x80 are slightly wider than this information. I can understand why people don't want them too big, as nobody wants a big avatar taking up too much room on a forum post.

The only thing that should be kept in mind is that if the avatar dimensions are increased then the max file size will need to be too. It won't be much good having all that extra room only too find out you've broken the file size limit.

Edit - I'd settle for 75x75

Dec 08, 13 at 11:13am
Chris

I can't really decide if I prefer bigger avatars tbh. I don't mind 70x70 but I'm not a fan of anything bigger. Seems I'm alone on that thought though.