Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale » Do characters have story modes and rivalries? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Aug 14, 12 at 4:15pmJacqueseVonRIP

I can't remember which video it was, but I think one of them mentioned each character would have a story mode. Either that or I'm getting mixed up with something else. Can anyone remember if that's true?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 17, 12 at 7:12am
JacqueseVonRIP

quote Miju500
What do you mean by companions? I think you mean 'minions', and if that's the case, I don't really know. The beta had a list of 'minions', which take on several different roles in the game (some are used for super attacks, while others simply appear in the background of a stage).

So Kuma is a minion who appears as a super (level 2).

By 'companion' I was simply referring to Clank and Daxter.

Ah right. Sorry about that. I though you meant each character had a companion that could help them out somehow. Ratchet and Jak both have companions, of course.

Aug 17, 12 at 6:49am
Miju500

What do you mean by companions? I think you mean 'minions', and if that's the case, I don't really know. The beta had a list of 'minions', which take on several different roles in the game (some are used for super attacks, while others simply appear in the background of a stage).

So Kuma is a minion who appears as a super (level 2).

By 'companion' I was simply referring to Clank and Daxter.

Aug 16, 12 at 11:11am
JacqueseVonRIP

quote Miju500
Yeah, that makes sense too. Each has a small companion.
I feel like Kratos and Sweet Tooth might be rivals because Sweet Tooth has been on PlayStation systems from the very beginning, while Kratos is kinda new (late PS2) but still is a strong representative of the PlayStation brand.

What exactly do companions do? I saw a video with Heihachi using Kuma to attack people. Is that an exapmle of a companion or was that just a special attack?

Aug 16, 12 at 4:24am
Miju500

Yeah, that makes sense too. Each has a small companion.
I feel like Kratos and Sweet Tooth might be rivals because Sweet Tooth has been on PlayStation systems from the very beginning, while Kratos is kinda new (late PS2) but still is a strong representative of the PlayStation brand.

Aug 16, 12 at 4:05am
JacqueseVonRIP

Thanks for the information Miju. That sounds pretty cool, though Toro and Heihachi seems like an odd rivalry. Don't you think Ratchet's rival will probably be Jak though?

Aug 15, 12 at 7:50pm
Miju500

quote JacqueseVonRIP
I can't remember which video it was, but I think one of them mentioned each character would have a story mode. Either that or I'm getting mixed up with something else. Can anyone remember if that's true?
Yes, this is true. Each character will have their own story mode.
Each character will also be paired with another character in his/her story mode, creating a rivalry.

The only story mode rivalry confirmed is Toro vs. Heihachi. Rivals generally have something in common. Toro and Heihachi don't speak in English.

CLICK HERE TO WATCH VIDEO

I predict Nathan Drake vs. Lara Croft (if she's in the game). - tomb explorers and whatnot
Nariko vs. Dante - hack and slashers
Ratchet & Clank vs. Spike - advanced-tech gadget users

Aug 14, 12 at 4:15pm
JacqueseVonRIP