Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » MapleStory » Deneral Giscussion. Uguu~ » Post Reply

hideOriginal Post

Aug 13, 12 at 12:30pmoverKill

Continuing from the last thread....

quote overKill
So, ordering a 13" macbook air this week. I'll be dual booting Windows 8 for some things but will mostly run OS X. Steam is a life saver here!

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 11, 16 at 1:13am
Crusad3r

quote Anton Herrera
Omg I haven't talked to you guys in like a month.

Just stopping by because I am almost transitioning to a lot of what I need for PC master race. I recently finally got a Corsair K70 Mechanical Keyboard and a Fk2 zowie mouse. My next purchase I think is gonna be a blue-yeti mic, and then I'm gonna build my own computer so I can play PC games on max settings LOL.
I'd recommend getting the G430 Logitec headset instead of a stand alone mic, especially if you're just going to be gaming.

quote MegaBassMan
Nice! I love PC gaming but I need to build one so that I can do the same. I just stick with low on my laptop for now.
I got myself a gaming laptop with a GTX 960M graphics card, can play games on high

Jan 10, 16 at 5:40pm
MegaBassMan

Nice! I love PC gaming but I need to build one so that I can do the same. I just stick with low on my laptop for now.

Jan 10, 16 at 5:37pm
Anton Herrera

Omg I haven't talked to you guys in like a month.

Just stopping by because I am almost transitioning to a lot of what I need for PC master race. I recently finally got a Corsair K70 Mechanical Keyboard and a Fk2 zowie mouse. My next purchase I think is gonna be a blue-yeti mic, and then I'm gonna build my own computer so I can play PC games on max settings LOL.

Nov 29, 15 at 10:45am
Anton Herrera

quote Lorx
quote Anton Herrera
There is just so much triggering nowadays that people get mad at literally anything you can say in 2015 :/. SJWs are not only rampant, but annoying by definition. LET ME HAVE MY GAMES PLS
Just import it, it's still in English anyway iirc and the price is not all that different. Playasia's had a field day with the entire thing since they offer import services, doubled their twitter follower count as well from joking around on twitter about it.
Honestly could care less about the game itself but it's the principle LOL.

Whatevs tho. I've actually been watching a lot of new maple streams and it seems fun if you're really funded and have a lot of friends that play it.

Nov 29, 15 at 3:12am
Lorx

quote Anton Herrera
There is just so much triggering nowadays that people get mad at literally anything you can say in 2015 :/. SJWs are not only rampant, but annoying by definition. LET ME HAVE MY GAMES PLS
Just import it, it's still in English anyway iirc and the price is not all that different. Playasia's had a field day with the entire thing since they offer import services, doubled their twitter follower count as well from joking around on twitter about it.

Nov 29, 15 at 3:01am
Anton Herrera

quote Lorx
quote Anton Herrera
quote Lorx
quote Reginald
Friend was asking if I was going come back to Maple to try out the new server. Thought it was just another new server 'till he talked about it some more.

Are you ready to step it up a notch? The brand-new Reboot world is getting added to MapleStory! This world brings MapleStory back to its roots as a hardcore RPG. In this world, monsters are stronger and give more EXP. As you fight, you’ll receive significantly more mesos, as well as equipment relevant to your character’s job. Useful items are designed to be available through gameplay, so some items will not be available in the Cash Shop, or will only be sold for mesos instead. Item enhancement is simplified, and trades are disabled. Rather than purchasing what you need from other players or the Cash Shop, you will earn it naturally through gameplay as you collect items and grow stronger!
More info

Thoughts? Fallout 4 has started to wear off its hype for me and I've been meaning to find something else to occupy my time, so I might give this a go.
I think it's nice to remember just how absurdly bad the drop rates were, and even a "significant increase" is not going to mean jack shit for what matters. The game is really just P2W at this point, how does any of that help when what matters most is not meso/gear itself, but cubes to use on it?

Also realistically more EXP per kill is one of the changes which spelled the beginning of the end for MS, even if it was nice to see at the time on paper.

If they put in a "classic server" which kept the game back to when it was actually interesting, sure, whatever, but this is not that, and they never will do that.
It's one of those things that making the game easier wasn't the answer. It's the same backlash and drama that's going on in Fighting Games atm, and I don't want to see my game die.

Lots of money and time were spent on initial exp curves and they're just removing that completely.
Nexon not bright, gg.

What about that Dead or Alive Extreme whatever 3 drama though? :laugh:

Nov 29, 15 at 2:56am
Lorx

quote Anton Herrera
quote Lorx
quote Reginald
Friend was asking if I was going come back to Maple to try out the new server. Thought it was just another new server 'till he talked about it some more.

Are you ready to step it up a notch? The brand-new Reboot world is getting added to MapleStory! This world brings MapleStory back to its roots as a hardcore RPG. In this world, monsters are stronger and give more EXP. As you fight, you’ll receive significantly more mesos, as well as equipment relevant to your character’s job. Useful items are designed to be available through gameplay, so some items will not be available in the Cash Shop, or will only be sold for mesos instead. Item enhancement is simplified, and trades are disabled. Rather than purchasing what you need from other players or the Cash Shop, you will earn it naturally through gameplay as you collect items and grow stronger!
More info

Thoughts? Fallout 4 has started to wear off its hype for me and I've been meaning to find something else to occupy my time, so I might give this a go.
I think it's nice to remember just how absurdly bad the drop rates were, and even a "significant increase" is not going to mean jack shit for what matters. The game is really just P2W at this point, how does any of that help when what matters most is not meso/gear itself, but cubes to use on it?

Also realistically more EXP per kill is one of the changes which spelled the beginning of the end for MS, even if it was nice to see at the time on paper.

If they put in a "classic server" which kept the game back to when it was actually interesting, sure, whatever, but this is not that, and they never will do that.
It's one of those things that making the game easier wasn't the answer. It's the same backlash and drama that's going on in Fighting Games atm, and I don't want to see my game die.

Lots of money and time were spent on initial exp curves and they're just removing that completely.
Nexon not bright, gg.

What about that Dead or Alive Extreme whatever 3 drama though?

Nov 29, 15 at 2:37am
Anton Herrera

quote Lorx
quote Reginald

More info

Nov 28, 15 at 1:39am
Lorx

quote Reginald

More info

Nov 26, 15 at 12:41pm
Crusad3r

quote Reginald

More info

Sounds intriguing. It's just around 3-4 years too late. We've moved on now and don't know about you, but I'm not going back.