Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » MapleStory » Deneral Giscussion. Uguu~ » Post Reply

hideOriginal Post

Aug 13, 12 at 12:30pmoverKill

Continuing from the last thread....

quote overKill
So, ordering a 13" macbook air this week. I'll be dual booting Windows 8 for some things but will mostly run OS X. Steam is a life saver here!

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 13, 16 at 8:50pm
Reginald

If I could see the hours I've spent on MapleStory... yeesh.

Then again, I only subbed to FFXIV a month ago and I already have 500 hours logged

Sep 13, 16 at 8:35am
Crusad3r

Yeah... I'm almost matching my time in Maplestory with Guild Wars 2 now in terms of length of time played, though in overall hours, I'm probably still under 1/4 of the hours I put in Maple.

Sep 12, 16 at 6:47pm
Anton Herrera

I check it every so often. It's actually insane how long and how much of my life was this game and this forum.

Sep 6, 16 at 10:04am
MegaBassMan

This is probably one of my favorite threads on Neo, so I'm always super excited to see a new post LOL.

Sep 5, 16 at 5:05am
Crusad3r

dragonclawz it's a pity this forum doesn't get used much anymore, but I guess we still hang around

Sep 4, 16 at 9:12am
dragonclawz

Hope all is well with everyone.

I have not been on Neoseeker much in the past year or two. No time for video games mostly...

I am surprised that I still remembered my login!

Jul 21, 16 at 8:55am
Crusad3r

Yeah, it has potential to be good, perhaps through a paid subscription system. My guild's Blade and Soul branch uses Discord as it's easier to leave messages for each other, but for GW2 and other games, Teamspeak still reigns supreme for us for voice comms.

Jul 21, 16 at 12:13am
Lorx

quote Crusad3r
quote Eternal
Crusad3r The permission system is rather wonky, but I find the audio quality and latency to be more than acceptable. In some of my servers, we have music bots that play music at a "good enough" quality, so the bit rate is decent.
Try use a discord server that's not from your continent. 2+ second delays and robotic sounding voices all over the place. Considering my guild on GW2 is international and has members from EU, NA, SEA and OCX, having that sort of shitty performance from a voice platform is just unacceptable.
It's not a voice platform primarily though, it's trying to be a catch-all, kind of an IRC replacement. That's not to excuse it's relatively poor voice performance, but it does explain why it is why it is.

I'm excited to see where Discord will go, I think it has a lot of promise and if the devs keep pumping out improvements at their current rate, things should prove interesting this year for the internet.

Jul 17, 16 at 9:22pm
MegaBassMan

Anton Herrera
GREAT *bleep*ING JOB. HOLY SHIT I WISH I GOT TO SEE YOU PLAY.

Jul 16, 16 at 11:32am
MegaBassMan

I've never had that issue, surprisingly. I mean the voice server is usually NA, but the people from EU, Asia, etc never sound bad, really. Not in my experience, anyway.