Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » MapleStory » Deneral Giscussion. Uguu~ » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.

hideOriginal Post

Aug 13, 12 at 12:30pmoverKill

Continuing from the last thread....

quote overKill
So, ordering a 13" macbook air this week. I'll be dual booting Windows 8 for some things but will mostly run OS X. Steam is a life saver here!

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 01, 15 at 1:55am
Crusad3r

GW2 went F2P, so you guys can join Lorx and I there now

Sep 01, 15 at 12:48am
Anton Herrera

Guys I'm so sad and nostalgic it's kinda insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou_HtCCaEYw

I remember the first time that I landed on Lith Harbor and all the times I've spent on slime tree ;____;

Aug 20, 15 at 8:31pm
MegaBassMan

I just realized the D and the G in the title are swapped.

I'm awful at fighters. I'm trying to commit to learning KoF13, might get SFV, but overall god damn I'm awful.

Jul 26, 15 at 2:10pm
Lorx

quote Anton Herrera
Lorx doing well, doing well.

Fighting games are my craft now, but still waiting for MS2

How are you?
Busy busy busy, but I guess that's standard for me.

Played a bit of Blazblue CP Extend, love the story/character design, but other than that I haven't played around with fighting games much recently.

Jul 26, 15 at 11:53am
Anton Herrera

Lorx doing well, doing well.

Fighting games are my craft now, but still waiting for MS2 :P

How are you?

Jul 18, 15 at 8:04pm
Lorx

I don't play much league either, but I like keeping up with the competitive side and watching matches and stuff.

quote Anton Herrera
god this game is so trash now ;___;

!!!!
yur mum

How you doing you old ghost, haven't seen you around in a while.

quote Reginald
I'm pretty sure nobody actually misses that painful grind.
Well yeah, but Nexon didn't plan well for it's removal. When they introduced BB and later patches which really allowed users to shoot up in levels, that's fine in theory right, just numbers. But the problem was there was nothing to do at those levels because they spent years focusing on the ranges that players had actually been at, mostly second job, some first/third. So when players got to those higher levels, the social aspect dwindled because there wasn't the tools there for social interaction. No LPQ/KPQ type scenarios that forced player bonds to be made. The reaction from Nexon was rampantly releasing new maps to try and plug content as fast as possible. But that ultimately fragmented the playerbase and caused it to be too spread out. It was not bright. So the grinding sucked sure, but it's what the game was based around for pacing, and that pacing was removed without prior thought as to what that might mean.

Ultimately what brought down the game was incredibly incompetent handling of updates and balancing. BB is a really good example to pick at, but you could pick at a bunch of things really. My personal favorite punching bag is still Cubes, which was a dumb system on many levels.

Jul 08, 15 at 11:55pm
Anton Herrera

god this game is so trash now ;___;

:(!!!!

Jul 01, 15 at 1:22am
Crusad3r

I feel league is more of a spectator game to me now, than a game where I can participate in. It doesn't help that I can't put enough time into it to actually get good at it to climb ranks. Bronze 5 life...

Jun 30, 15 at 9:03pm
MegaBassMan

I want to try it again, but I really don't have the motivation to stick to it. I prefer playing League and Hearthstone.

I plan on joining Hearthstone tournaments once summer is over, maybe not make it big, but get recognized enough to stream successfully.

Jun 26, 15 at 3:12pm
Reginald

Geez, in my head I'm thinking about how much I miss Neoseeker's forums when I was younger, but in reality I just replaced it with Reddit and 4chan these past years. The old days of freaking out when a thread went past 30 pages is something I still laugh about though.

4 days until the Terraria 1.3 update, 11 days until DFO updates, a couple months until Fallout 4, most of my friends are out traveling the next couple of weeks... Seems like it's that time of the year where I play Maplestory a bit again

It's a shame that the population is declining, but that's only because older players left and newer players aren't interested in an Korean-MMO style game. Some people argue that it's because of the Big Bang update and how it messed around with the social aspect, but I'm pretty sure the game would've died out a long time ago if Nexon focused their updates on small things like Omok instead of reworking the leveling system. A lot of people still complain how "DAE remember when level 30 was the biggest achievement?? Why did Nexon ruin everything!!??", but I'm pretty sure nobody actually misses that painful grind.

Anyways, hope you all are having a nice summer (or whatever it is, where ever you are).