Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Grand Theft Auto V » Educated guesses for V » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

GTA III GTA V GTA IV GTA San Andreas Chop Franklin GTA Vice City Michael Michael Trevor

hideOriginal Post

Aug 12, 12 at 2:12pmMaster

So what I mean by 'educated guesses', is - stuff that you genuinely believe will be in the game, based on what you know about the series and what Rockstar is known to do. This isn't so much 'what you want to see', but 'what you think you'll see'.

For instance - at the end of VC, you are given a group of 3 guys that will follow you around and back you up, and then in SA, that small concept turned into a pretty big gameplay mechanic.

IV follows a similar pattern - Dwayne lets you call for backup and you're given a couple of guys that will follow you around. In TLaD, you're able to call for backup almost whenever you want, and they ride with you as an actual biker gang. I think this will play a much bigger role in V, where your friends won't exist just to bug you to hang out, but will actually be able to assist you in missions (not forced, but by you calling them to come and help) with perhaps different outcomes to who you ask for help.

Another one is an inventory system, perhaps for drugs or stolen goods that you can sell. RDR has a similar inventory but for animal trophies and skins, and I think Chinatown Wars has some sort of inventory, doesn't it?

When the game comes out, we can look back on this and make a tally of who's guesses were accurate, and then the highest tally could become the king of V for, like, a day or something.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 01, 14 at 4:33pm
metalhead555-666

quote FACT
quote KR_1250
quote FACT
Not sure if this should go in the wishlist or here, but I'm guessing that based on the gamers who dedicated themselves to completing other GTA's while killing as few people as possible, perhaps there'll be the potential to collect a weapon set entirely comprised of non-lethal weapons? Or at least one good non-lethal weapon, like a taser or stungun or tranquilizer rifle.
I like that idea.

It could make missions alot more varied. You could kidnap and aprehend enemies, maybe interogate them and such were that the case rather than just shooting everyone or running them over.

They could even build a kidnapping and extortion money maker minigame around it outside the main campaign.
Having just bought the game and caught up with everything, looks like Rockstar didn't see fit to make it possible to go non-lethal. Woulda been cool, but probably a massive amount of work to satisfy the itch of such a small contingent of fans. Then again, installing a non-lethal path to completion could maybe inoculate the game against some of the criticism about violence and kids, etc. "But look, you don't necessarily have to kill anyone to beat the game, if you're really good and really patient." (A non-lethal path should be made insanely difficult and take forever, lol.)
actually you can get a stun gun later in the story

Jan 31, 14 at 6:28pm
FACT

quote KR_1250
quote FACT
Not sure if this should go in the wishlist or here, but I'm guessing that based on the gamers who dedicated themselves to completing other GTA's while killing as few people as possible, perhaps there'll be the potential to collect a weapon set entirely comprised of non-lethal weapons? Or at least one good non-lethal weapon, like a taser or stungun or tranquilizer rifle.
I like that idea.

It could make missions alot more varied. You could kidnap and aprehend enemies, maybe interogate them and such were that the case rather than just shooting everyone or running them over.

They could even build a kidnapping and extortion money maker minigame around it outside the main campaign.
Having just bought the game and caught up with everything, looks like Rockstar didn't see fit to make it possible to go non-lethal. Woulda been cool, but probably a massive amount of work to satisfy the itch of such a small contingent of fans. Then again, installing a non-lethal path to completion could maybe inoculate the game against some of the criticism about violence and kids, etc. "But look, you don't necessarily have to kill anyone to beat the game, if you're really good and really patient." (A non-lethal path should be made insanely difficult and take forever, lol.)

Oct 05, 12 at 9:57am
Master

For some reason, I get the feeling that they skipped Vice City and went straight to SA is because the entirety of VC will be DLC instead of a standalone game.

Oct 05, 12 at 5:53am
AliB23

In regards to the release date, I never thought a date in 2012 was reasonable. I have always said that a March/April 2013 release is most likely to me but with this news now, another few months added to that could be credible.

I also don't think many sales will be lost due to waiting time a la Gran Turismo.

Oct 04, 12 at 8:31pm
Gregm

I'd love the idea of having to maintain a business, or at least put forth an effort to publicize a venue (I.E., an Electronic's Store). It'd be pretty neat to be able to invest 25,000 + dollars in to Radio commercials on all major stations and hear them talk about a business you own.

Oct 04, 12 at 5:38pm
Master

I don't think that debt system would work, as you said, you'd still be able to buy things... so it would be the same as having +$100,000,000 - it would become pointless.

Though I always did wonder what it would be like to have some sort of bill to pay or some sort of responsibility to account for. Like, say, in IV Niko is always complaining about how Roman is spending money, and yet it never affects you, you still lecture him with hundreds of thousands of dollars in your pocket.

Perhaps if properties make a return, some could drain money (like personal houses) and others would bring in profits, that way you'd need to expand strategically instead of buying everything you can get your hands on. Also paying for bodyguards, buying cars, etc.

Oct 04, 12 at 12:36pm
Randome

I don't know about the release date, but something occurred to me.

What we know:
  • The main guy will be rich at first, because he bought a "big" house with a good view at what we know is an expensive neighbourhood.
  • The main guy is a family man.
  • He knows how to use weapons from some unknown past.
  • The game is suppose to be about "chasing the dollar".
  • The main guy will at some point be desperate enough for money, that he'll participate in an armed robbery in broad daylight.
Wht does this tell us? Why would a rich man need to rob people? He will lose his money at some point.

But then what will that mean for us?

All GTAs will let us become rich to the point where money becomes meaningless. This isn't helped by the lack of things to buy in the recent games.

So what if the new debt situation will actually put the money counter to something like "- 100'000'000 $"? We could still buy things, but the money counter would only get to "+" close to the end of the storyline.

That would definitely give us a good reason to go rob and kill people for a living. This could mean that there would be armed guys looking for the main guy and he needs to get the bounty off his head.

Maybe we could have 2 money counters? One for what we owe and one for what we have in our pockets. Some storyline missions would only be unlocked once we've managed to pay off certain amounts of the debt. And this is where the side-missions and robberies come in to help us pay.

Maybe we could even choose how much money we spend on what? For example at default:
  • 50 to 70% goes to cover the debt.
  • 20 to 40% goes to the family.
  • 10% we get to keep.
But we could always empty our pockets to either the debt or the family. This could effect what kind of a person the main guy is in some cut-scenes.

Oct 04, 12 at 2:07am
KR_1250

Ahhh, the rumour mill keeps on churning.

A while ago the internet was all a buzz because UK retailer Tesco had GTAV listed for a 2012 release. Specifically 28/12/12. However in recent days Tesco has changed its online listed release date to 29/03/13 which is more in line with most analysts predictions.

So, could this be evidence that a March release is indeed likely? Who knows?

I personally think March sounds about right anyway, which means with some delays in there we might just see it by the end of next spring.

Sep 30, 12 at 2:42am
unclebobert87

quote KR_1250
What do you guys make of all the recent rumours at the R*/Take Two financial meetign last week?

Loads of rumours are stating that R* and TT have agree'd to put quality first. Now read into that as you will (I thought quality came first anyway) but many are seeing it as a hint that the game will be delayed even further. Though i fail to see how you can delay something "further" which has no release date. Some analysts are speculating that it may not even make a March 2013 release due to quality issues.

Commenting on the companies recent financial loss Take Two's CEO said:

Some may think that doesnt say much. Im not so sure. It certanly isnt positive news for a coming release date.
Depends how you look at it, and how long it takes till it is released... I mean Gran Turismo is probably the biggest and best racing game on Playstation, but a lot of fans didn't buy it, because of the waiting time.

So it that case, it's a double edged sword. Are the fans of GTA willing to wait, or will they hurt R*/TT even more?

Sep 29, 12 at 11:14pm
HilaryDuffGta

yea i wasnt a big fan of the whole taking everyone bowling or out to eat,it was ok for the trophies/cheevos but other then that it was just a waste of time