Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » General Classic/Retro Sega » Best Mega Drive Controller? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 04, 12 at 9:02am
jammajup

Hi
To be honest in my opinion the original MD/Genesis controllers are best unless you play Street Fighter 2 in that case you might want to find a 3rd party six button controller.If i was you i would just take those controllers apart and clean the black part of the rubber membranes under the buttons and D-pad.Normally i would use a contact or switch cleaner on the underside of the membranes with the black rubbery contacts and rub them on white paper,you will see the black streaks on the paper from the carbon deposits as you rub.You can also rub them on the paper dry.

Aug 10, 12 at 12:04pm
TheButcher99999

Hi Guys,

My parents came to visit me the other day and brought round my old Mega Drive with games which I completely forgot I still had, I've hooked it up to my HDTV using the SCART slot, it's not the best picture/sound quality and it's not as good as I remember it being, but that could be nostalgia fogging my mind.

I have two controllers, and I don't know if its because they have been sitting in a box unused for what must be more than a decade now, but they seem very stiff. I have a Sega controller, with a red start button, the a b c buttons work fine but the dpad is quite stiff and hard to use, I also have a competition pro controller which has a nice loose dpad but the b button needs to be pressed really hard in order for it to work.

My question is, what are the best types of controllers to buy? I really would like to start playing it again but I can't at the moment because the controllers are just so hard to use.

So yeah which are the best controllers?