Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale » !!More Characters?!! » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Aug 08, 12 at 9:55pmMiju500

IGN Article if the link doesn't work it's because it's a mobile link or something
Leaked images from last week confirmed 7-8 characters (one might be a costume)
They are:
Raiden (Metal Gear)
Dante (DmC)
Ratchet (Ratchet & Clank)
Sackboy (Little Big Planet)
Spike (Ape Escape)
Sir Daniel Fortesque (MediEvil)
Nariko (Heavenly Sword)
Evil Cole (InFamous) (costume or seperate character??)

On 8/8/12 (earlier today) the PSASBR official site put up, then quickly took down images that showcased yet-to-be officially confirmed characters. The first showed Sackboy. The second, Raiden. The third picture showed multiple yet-to-be confirmed characters in it's blurry background. One obvious character seen in the picture is Ratchet. You shall determine the rest on your own. Hard to see who's who.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 18, 12 at 2:41pm
JacqueseVonRIP

NB
Given the possibilities with DLC, I wouldn't be surprised if SuperBot set up polls or something in the future asking for people's suggestions on DLC.

Aug 18, 12 at 2:04pm
Charlie

JacqueseVonRIP: OMG I FORGOT ALL ABOUT KINGSLEY'S ADVENTURE! I still have that game for PS1. Dang, now I want to play it haha.

He would definitely be cool to have in the game, Jersey Devil would be cool too (good game).

But I feel like most of the old characters we want in are forgotten about or weren't that popular. Which sucks because a lot of these characters would work so well.

I kind of want to see some lesser known characters get in though, it would bring in more people to buy the game. Because some people have played a lot of the lesser known games. Of course the most popular characters are going to get in first, but yeah.

Aug 18, 12 at 6:59am
JacqueseVonRIP

Not really characters I want/expect to see (since I never played any of their games), but I found a whole bunch of PS exclusive games. Here:

Oh I almost forgot

Aug 18, 12 at 3:41am
Sprout

quote NB
You know who I thought about? Croc and Death Jr.

OMG I totally forgot about Croc. Those games were awesome. I would love to see him in but I really doubt it. I think there were only 2 Croc games, and he hasn't been around for ages.

Crash and Spyro will surely be in...

Aug 18, 12 at 12:02am
Kokoro

quote NB
quote Kokoro
It also needs more non-main characters. So far, most characters that have been announced are a main character from a series.
Yeah I'd at least like to see some of the "sidekicks" and whatever in the game. But of course they're gonna put the main characters in first, because well....they're the main character.

But like I said, they need some sidekicks and villains even.

I want to see Captain Quark, Lady/Mary and another Tekken character or two.

Aug 17, 12 at 3:56am
JacqueseVonRIP

Croc would be a great addition to the roster, but unfortunately I never played Psychonauts or Death Jr. They look right for the job though.

Edit:
No, never played that game either. Looks like I'm not as great a gamer as I thought.

Below, a concept. A little crude, but you get the idea. I don't have Photoshop.

Aug 17, 12 at 3:51am
Charlie

JacqueseVonRIP: Spikes voice isn't THAT bad, but Jake's is terrible. But tbh, the English voices aren't that great either to me, lol.

Also of course I know that Crash and Spyro were huge back then, I used to play all those games 24/7. I was just saying what happened to Naughty Dog selling Crash and stuff, and I'm not sure if it was to Microsoft or not. The Crash games still come out for Sony/Nintendo though. But eh, I think they will get Crash and Spyro in somehow, it wouldn't be right without them. But yeah there needs to be a lot more first party characters than third party characters. I don't mind third party characters at all, but there can't be like 20 of them I suppose.

But ah yes, that makes sense adding in all the heroes first, and that should of been obvious to me. They could add in soooo many villains. The roster could be REALLY big if they wanted it to be. I just hope they don't limit it to like one villain from each game, even though each game has like ONE main big villain a lot of other lesser villains in the games could work too. But of course they shouldn't over do it and put like 5 villains or heroes from the game in.

You know who I thought about? Croc and Death Jr.

I'm not sure about Croc, but Death Jr. would be *bleep*ing perfect for this game. I hope he gets in. @_@'

Also Razputin/Raz from Psychonauts as a third party character would be perfect too, I would LOVE if they put him in too. He is perfect for this kind of game. To be honest, I see him as more of a Sony rep than Xbox rep for some reason.

Razputin ^

I dunno if they want to be like Smash Bros. and make new games with a couple of new characters. But screw that, add everyone in this one game!

Edit: Also I don't know why, but I feel like a Jet Set Radio character would fit as a third party character too.

Beat:

Aug 17, 12 at 3:07am
JacqueseVonRIP

quote Kokoro
It also needs more non-main characters. So far, most characters that have been announced are a main character from a series.
True. Every game has it's characters that we like even if we don't play as them. It would be nice to have them in Allstars. As I said above though, I heard there are supposed to be companions in the game, so I assume certain characters will be reserved for those.

quote NB
JacqueseVonRIP: The PAL/Europe acting/whatever for Jake and Spike sounds terrible. Buzz/Jake sounds like a girl to me. I dunno if I'm just saying this because I'm American, but damn.
It's probably a regional thing. When I heard the US voice acting I thought it sounded really cheesy
I wonder why they needed different voice actors for 2 different english versions of the game though.

quote NB
But yeah, there needs to be more than one rep from each game, if they DO have more than one rep that would work. I would really love to see Crash and Spyro, but even if they aren't exclusive anymore they need to ask the companies for the rights and all of that. I don't believe Sony owns Crash/that company anymore does it? MICROSOFTTTTTT!!!!!

But yeah we need more first party characters. But a few third party characters isn't bad!
Crash and Spyro were huge on the Playstation though, so they'd fit perfectly with the concept. I'm not sure if Microsoft owns Crash, but Naughty Dog sold off Crash some years back I think.
I don't have a problem with third party characters. It's mainly that I would like to see more characters with a strong relationship with Playstation. No offence meant to new Dante or Big Daddy.

quote NB
The game would be pretty dull if they didn't add villains. Perhaps they want to get most of the hero types out of the way first. Miju told me each character will have a rival, so I'd guess there will be villains soon enough... if they do get Crash and Spyro, they can really milk those franchises for characters (especially villains).

Aug 17, 12 at 2:48am
Charlie

JacqueseVonRIP: The PAL/Europe acting/whatever for Jake and Spike sounds terrible. Buzz/Jake sounds like a girl to me. I dunno if I'm just saying this because I'm American, but damn.

But yeah, there needs to be more than one rep from each game, if they DO have more than one rep that would work. I would really love to see Crash and Spyro, but even if they aren't exclusive anymore they need to ask the companies for the rights and all of that. I don't believe Sony owns Crash/that company anymore does it? MICROSOFTTTTTT!!!!!

But yeah we need more first party characters. But a few third party characters isn't bad!

quote Kokoro
Yeah I'd at least like to see some of the "sidekicks" and whatever in the game. But of course they're gonna put the main characters in first, because well....they're the main character.

Aug 17, 12 at 2:19am
Kokoro