Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Animal Crossing: New Leaf » Pre-Orders & Purchases » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.Looking to exchange friend codes and play online? There's a forum for that! Head over to the Wi-Fi & Friend Codes forum!
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

DJ KK Gracie Gracie Isabelle KK Slider Kicks Leif Redd Reese Timmy and Tommy Tom Nook Bluebear Cheri Pudge Stitches Rudy Kiki Tangy Tangy Beau Cherry Goldie Hamlet Julian Melba Tex Ruby Poppy Chief Lobo Skye Wolfgang Black Cosmos Black Roses Black Tulips Blue Pansies Blue Roses Orange Cosmos Orange Pansies Orange Roses Pink Cosmos Pink Roses Pink Tulips Purple Pansies Purple Roses Purple Tulips Red Cosmos Red Pansies Red Roses Red Tulips White Cosmos White Pansies White Roses White Tulips Yellow Cosmos Yellow Pansies Yellow Roses Yellow Tulips Gold Roses Axe Rod Net Shovel Slingshot Watering Can Golden Axe Golden Rod Golden Net Golden Shovel Golden Slingshot Golden Watering Can Apple Cherries Orange Peach Pear Bamboo Seed Coconut Durian Lemon Lychee Mango Persimmon Pond Smelt Red Snapper Agrius Butterfly Bell Bag Candy Fossil Gyroid Party Popper Pitfall Seed Present Shirt Umbrella Wallpaper Sweets House Pink Riboon Purple Ribbon Large Acorn Rotting Acorn Small Acorn Acorn New Leaf

hideOriginal Post

Aug 08, 12 at 7:12pmFluidity

With the recent release of KH3D, I got to experience that wonderful feeling of finally getting to hold a game I have much anticipated for the first time. This made me think of AC and how much better it's going to be what with all the hype and indirect delays Nintendo keeps putting us through. Not to mention it's just one of the best game series EVER. :3

I'm curious as to how and when you all plan on getting your hands on AC3DS. Of course we don't have a release date yet, but how many of you plan to get it on launch day? Pre-order? Where from? Or are some of you fed up with how the pre-release info has been handled, or would you rather wait and see what others have to say before getting it yourself? Other problems that might slow you down?

I plan to pre-order the game the day it gets a release date. I don't want to risk not getting my hands on a copy. I would normally do so through Amazon, but they're iffy with getting it to you on launch day, so I'll pre-order it at Gamestop and pick it up ASAP. If they had a midnight release I would totally go, but they won't.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 22, 12 at 5:40am
Flagman

quote Fluidity
quote Flagman
I won't be pre-ordering it unless it's packed full of bonuses because there won't be a problem going into my local game store and picking up a copy, seeing as i've managed to do that with more popular games like Fifa 13 and Modern Warfare 3.

I think waiting for the postman to come on the day is extremley painful.
I'd feel so bad for you if you misjudged and you weren't able to get a copy. Just be sure to get there the day of because people have been waiting for this game for forever and will be out for blood if they run into any complications. At least I'll be like that anyway...

Very true. However, seeing as this game is a 3DS exclusive and a game that only a very small loyal fanbase is waiting for compared to the mainstream games like Call of Duty and Fifa, I still think I'll be fine with picking it up on the release date. The only problem is if my game store's order of Animal Crossing doesent arrive on release date - it's happened there before with Dead Island on the 360.

quote Fluidity

I wouldn't want to pre-order it online because the chance of not having it on release day is larger. Didn't Amazon mess up your Skyward Sword preorder Virtue? For this game, that is a risk I am NOT willing to take. ._.
Buying stuff online is always a risk. Sometimes it does turn out as an advantage though. If you pre-order with GAME, then you get the game a day before release date! (don't take my word for it to be guaranteed) Although, seeing as i've been waiting a long time for this game, I dont feel in any particular rush to get it any sooner than the release date. I can see that you're struggling with the wait! it'll be worth it, I'm sure! The title looks fantastic and it's good to see concepts from the N64 / GC version included along with fresh ideas! Ahhh..!

Nov 20, 12 at 6:26pm
Capn Droid

I mean, if it comes with any nifty gifties, preordering would be a great idea. I donnt see much point otherwise though, if I could just get it day of.

Nov 20, 12 at 5:27pm
Carole

quote Pikachu
Carole
Yes Harvest Moon: A New Beginning is Eons better than any HM game I've played. Once Rune Factory 4 comes out, I may get that as well c: not to mention A New Beginning gives me a sense of such control and customization that its almost unbelievable!
That is encouraging about HM. I have not yet tried any Rune Factory games yet, but they sound intriguing, and I am sure I will eventually get at least one. Ah, well, with three new games arriving tomorrow, I may not need any more for a while. Maybe later....

Since lately I have been having so much fun with Prof Layton, I will be truly torn tomorrow! Which of my 3 new games to play first? I may end up going from one to the other to the other. LOL

quote Saga
quote Carole
Pikachu, I ordered Harvest Moon, A Tale of Two Towns when I got my XL, back on September 18th. I can't stand it either so I finally ordered Harvest Moon: A New Beginning yesterday. I sure hope it is better! I really like Harvest Moon: Animal Parade, on my Wii. Not as much as ACCF, of course, but it's a good game. I like your idea of having a downloaded copy of New Leaf too, and I am thinking in the back of my mind, that if I have trouble with the Amazon pre-order taking too long, I will just download the game (if I can!) despite the cost and just be more careful about NOT wasting money on games like Tale of Two Towns, to make up for it.
I used to be a huge Harvest Moon fan but for some reason I don't know any of the 3 you mentioned... I'm really out of the loop.

I wish I lived in a developed country so I could buy and sell things like a proper human being. This is 'my' first pre-order thanks to Fluidity. When I go to the US I love it how easy it is to get a game you want. You can just walk to a GameStop store, ask for a game, if they don't have it, they tell you "oh, but you will find a copy of this game in our store at X place". Or order it from your hotel room and have it delivered in the lobby (or in your room itself) the next day.

Here if you order a game, you can't do it from Amazon. You must use E-Bay. Shopping prices are obnoxiously high. Takes 5 weeks to have something delivered in your hands. Games basically don't exist and when they do, they are expensive as heck.
My sympathies! That is awful.

Harvest Moon, A New Beginning was just released this month, I believe. And, as you have read, Harvest Moon, Tale of Two Towns is a little disappointing so you did not miss much. Harvest Moon, Animal Parade is for the Wii.

This message was merged with other messages by Fluidity (moderator)

Nov 20, 12 at 4:02pm
Pikachu

Carole
Yes Harvest Moon: A New Beginning is Eons better than any HM game I've played. Once Rune Factory 4 comes out, I may get that as well c: not to mention A New Beginning gives me a sense of such control and customization that its almost unbelievable!

Nov 20, 12 at 3:58pm
Arietta

quote Carole
Pikachu, I ordered Harvest Moon, A Tale of Two Towns when I got my XL, back on September 18th. I can't stand it either so I finally ordered Harvest Moon: A New Beginning yesterday. I sure hope it is better! I really like Harvest Moon: Animal Parade, on my Wii. Not as much as ACCF, of course, but it's a good game. I like your idea of having a downloaded copy of New Leaf too, and I am thinking in the back of my mind, that if I have trouble with the Amazon pre-order taking too long, I will just download the game (if I can!) despite the cost and just be more careful about NOT wasting money on games like Tale of Two Towns, to make up for it.
I used to be a huge Harvest Moon fan but for some reason I don't know any of the 3 you mentioned... I'm really out of the loop.

I wish I lived in a developed country so I could buy and sell things like a proper human being. This is 'my' first pre-order thanks to Fluidity. When I go to the US I love it how easy it is to get a game you want. You can just walk to a GameStop store, ask for a game, if they don't have it, they tell you "oh, but you will find a copy of this game in our store at X place". Or order it from your hotel room and have it delivered in the lobby (or in your room itself) the next day.

Here if you order a game, you can't do it from Amazon. You must use E-Bay. Shopping prices are obnoxiously high. Takes 5 weeks to have something delivered in your hands. Games basically don't exist and when they do, they are expensive as heck.

Nov 20, 12 at 3:50pm
Uvailable

Carole, no problem. I have never played Professor Layton but have only heard good things about it! I need to try it out!

Nov 20, 12 at 3:46pm
Carole

quote Uvailable
quote Carole

Fluidity, thank you for the prayer and any prayers and good thoughts are sure welcome - - I would LOVE to get it the first day, but do not really expect it until two days later because of shipping time. After that I will be in torment! LOL
Harvest Moon: A New Beginning is wonderful. I love it and play it every day, I hope you enjoy it!
Oh good, and thank you!!! It is supposed to be delivered to me tomorrow, along with Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box, and Professor Layton and the Last Specter. I really liked my first two Professor Layton games and just finished Miracle Mask, so time to get some more of the older ones.

Nov 20, 12 at 3:34pm
Uvailable

quote Carole

Fluidity, thank you for the prayer and any prayers and good thoughts are sure welcome - - I would LOVE to get it the first day, but do not really expect it until two days later because of shipping time. After that I will be in torment! LOL
Harvest Moon: A New Beginning is wonderful. I love it and play it every day, I hope you enjoy it!

Nov 20, 12 at 3:20pm
Carole

Nov 20, 12 at 2:58pm
Uvailable

quote Pikachu
quote Uvailable
The workers at my local GS are really friendly.
Mine too. Sometimes a little TOO friendly lol. I remember I had preordered black and white 2 and came to pick it up the morning of release, and the guy who I had first preordered it from wasn't there that day. I went back a few weeks later to get some other game I can't remember and he was there that time and he was like "did you pick up your order of Pokemon white 2 and black 2?"
Lol it was a bit weird how he remembered me after a few weeks. Back at my job I don't remember anyone once they leave, unless they're the regulars I see on a daily basis
Haha, that is funny. When I went in to pick up my order of Pokemon Black 2, the guy started telling me about how he and his kids all love to play Pokemon lol. Needless to say, there aren't any meanies that work at the GS here, and I'm quite thankful for that.