Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Note to Guests: Please note that this forum is for questions about Neoseeker and its features. If you are wishing to ask about a particular game please seek out its profile and ask in the game's forum.Welcome to the Site/Forums Help and QA forum. Before asking a question, please check this thread first — your question may already have been answered.

hideOriginal Post

Aug 08, 12 at 1:38amKR_1250

Hi folks,

For a while now my neoseeker has been acting up and i wonder if anyone has any advice.

1: "The Lobby" sub forum is not working properly. When I load the page it looks OK but when i start to scroll down then my all of my headers (from "my profile" to "my post hiostory") also scroll and cover up the whole page. I cant respond to any topics because when i try to click in the text box my cursor selects one of the headers overlaying the rest of the page.

2: I cannot view almost all embeded pictures or video's which anyone posts (including me). Sometimes i see the odd one but usually i just see an error screen or a small icon with an 'X' in it.

3: The page looks different from forum to forum. The format of the site changes when i move from Loungin' and thinkers lounge to any other forum. The other forums look much more more basic.

4: ANY time i load ANY neo page i get an error message reading:

ERROR: the xajax Javascript componentcould not be included, Perhaps the URL is incorrect? URL: http://i.neoseeker.com/js/xajax/xajax_js/xajax_Core.js

Additional information:

I am using a shitty work computer which i have very little access to. I am using internet explorer, dont know what version but it aint the latest. Computers are voodoo witchcraft to me and i have little understanding of how they work.

Thanks for any advice folks.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 05, 12 at 5:42pm
Redemption

quote KINGX2
Redemption

Like this?
That would be great, but from the look of that test the server was fine during the test. We need test results and exact date/time (and timezone) when there are problems accessing i.neoseeker.com

Nov 02, 12 at 4:31pm
Kingy

Redemption

Like this?

Nov 02, 12 at 1:51pm
Redemption

Hi guys,

I just want to explain what is going on here and our ongoing struggle to solve the problem.

Some critical files on Neo are served by servers dotted around the world, in order to enhance speed and reliability. For around 5-6 months now we have been using a new provider and that's when the problems started.

To help us solve this problem we need to catch the problem as it happens! Because only some people see it, we have had no success in providing data to the hosting company.

We desparately need this data.

If you ever see:

quote KINGX2
"Error: the xajax Javascript component could not be included. Perhaps the URL is incorrect?
URL: http://i.neoseeker.com/js/xajax/xajax_js/xajax_core.js"
What we need is help with getting data.

At the very least we need to get the IP that is failing (just go to command prompt or Terminal and ping i.neoseeker.com) and record the EXACT time and timezone and your geographical location where this occurs, then post here.

Nov 02, 12 at 9:40am
Kingy

Hi.

So I downloaded Chrome and the same problems started to happen again after awhile. So I just switched back to Firefox. About a month or so ago.

Now, all of a sudden, however, the site has just completely gone to crap for me. Every single page is messed up and I get this javascript error on every page:

"Error: the xajax Javascript component could not be included. Perhaps the URL is incorrect?
URL: http://i.neoseeker.com/js/xajax/xajax_js/xajax_core.js"

Did what you said, Redemption, in the post Enhance suggested. Neither link worked for me.

EDIT: it just reverted back to normal. wtf?!

Sep 17, 12 at 2:12pm
Kingy

Enhance, Redemption and hiigaran: Sorry for not answering your posts sooner. The problem has subsided now that I have installed Google Chrome.

I think this issue was a problem with my old browser, Firefox. Many other sites wouldn't load correctly. Neoseeker was just the only site that gave me a Javascript error. Every single page would load incorrectly from time to time. For a long time, I also ran into a problem with text bolding itself in textboxes, YouTube comments and Google searches. Now that I'm using Chrome, that problem has vanished as well.

If Chrome starts experiencing the same problems I will come back to this thread and follow the suggestions. Thank you guys for the help.

Sep 14, 12 at 11:38pm
hiigaran

KINGX2 - when waiting for pages to load, what does it say at the bottom? does it say waiting for neoseeker, or is it some other site? on occasion, in the mlp forum, the page just hangs because its waiting for something from a site called supermadorebros. usually, no issue. sometimes i would wait 5 minutes.

does this happen on every part of the site? or specific forums or pages?

Sep 14, 12 at 8:59pm
Ellipsis

I can confirm 3 for Safari, but I can only partially confirm 4 because sometimes my computer has issues loading Neoseeker pages whilst being able to load other pages perfectly fine... but after 20 or so seconds it usually gets there.

Sep 14, 12 at 7:57pm
Redemption

KINGX2 - do the same problems occur when using Chrome? When it says the page is too slow to load, have you tried running a traceroute? It sounds like yours might be a network issue, and we need to isolate that. Do you have the same issues when using a different network connection?

I wonder if you have an aggressive plugin that loads too many pages at once. We have an anti-DDOS system that blocks users if they access the site too quickly. The system sometimes gets overzealous and blocks my system, even if I don't have a lot of things open. I increased this threshold in case that's the culprit. If the next time this happens you can try to log in with your phone (using a different network, like 3G), and then PM me the IP of your PC, I can see in our logs if it got banned.

Sep 14, 12 at 4:03pm
Enhance

KINGX2, whenever you get the javascript error try and do what Redemption mentions in this post. Posting an update to that thread with your browser and any relevant extensions you may use would probably be helpful as well.

Sep 13, 12 at 10:07pm
Kingy

When a page load on Neoseeker, one of three things happens:

1) The page loads just fine

2) A get the same javascript error as KR_1250

3) The page fails to load and I get a message that tells me 'my connection has timed out and the server is taking too long to respond'.

=/