Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U » Sakurai Says "Game System Is Complete" and Talks Third Party Characters » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

hideOriginal Post

Aug 07, 12 at 5:21pmGotenks

“The game system itself is complete, so we don’t want to make it 3D or introduce complicated controls just for the sake of it. However, I am thinking of ways we can introduce a slightly different, fun experience all the while keeping the usual frantic game play.”

“I think Snake and Sonic joining were fantastic. It made many fans happy, and it broadened the Smash Bros arena. However, introducing more non-Nintendo characters willy-nilly will lose the focus of the game, so I also recognise the need to narrow it down.”
Source

Quoted more of the important stuff from the source but you're welcome to read the rest of it.

But nice to know the Game System is complete.

And chances of us getting several third party characters look to be small and while he doesn't say how many he wants in the game, it will probably be small.

Thoughts?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 28, 13 at 9:30pm
DedValve

quote ims2golfer
quote Ded Valve
quote PwnageMaster67
I really want Sonic and Snake to stay in, but it doesn't seem likely.
Oh my god my eyes >.>

You think orange hurts? Aqua is even more painful.

Anyways, back on topic, I don't really see how third-party characters will 'un-focus' the game.
light colors on light backgrounds is just wrong. Annoying and wrong.

I'd say ever since Snake and Sonic got in it became less of a nintendo IP party and more of a Nintendo's history party. I mean, many games outside of Nintendo themselves helped shaped gaming back in the heyday of Nintendo's prime, Namco, Square Soft, Capcom, etc. all had a huge role with nintendo's success and all started something huge on Ninty's console, as long as they keep that in mind I'm sure the roster will turn out great.

Jan 28, 13 at 4:46pm
bbb7002004

It's a Nintendo centric game, thus non-Nintendo characters inherently dilute that focus. Picking a few well known and beloved mascotts that are important to Nintendo's past makes sense, characters like Megaman for instance are basically synonymous with Nintendo, but the developers don't want to turn the ultimate Nintendo fighter into the ultimate "whoever's cheap enough to license" fighter.

Jan 28, 13 at 4:35pm
ims2golfer

quote Ded Valve
quote PwnageMaster67
Oh my god my eyes >.>

You think orange hurts? Aqua is even more painful.

Anyways, back on topic, I don't really see how third-party characters will 'un-focus' the game.

Jan 28, 13 at 4:11pm
Jonah the Hedgehog

quote PwnageMaster67

Hard to say really :/ I believe they might return sonic has a better chance really :/ reasons why!

Sonic: super awesome long history with Nintendo one of the most popular Brawl characters and an iconic video game character and plus Sega makes the Mario and Sonic games so I think it sonic will be bak

Snake: well he has a small chance but Konmai asked Sakria if snake would be in Melee but tht was when Melee was way to far in the game but if we maid another he would be in it but Snake seems a bit to real don't get me wrong he is one if my fav characters my i don't think he will be in it :/

Jan 26, 13 at 7:27pm
Jonah the Hedgehog

Ok well when he says narrow it down I think he mean 2 or 3, 3rd party characters I love them but I don't want freaking 6 to 9 3rd party it's a Nintendo game so if any will be added they must have a good history with Nintendo and basically be owned which Sonic and Snake have shown I think sonic has a better chance than snake but idk :/ I hope Sonic stays and they might had like 2 more which I think will be MegaMan and Pacman which will be 3, 3rd party characters Sonic Megaman and Pacman thoughs are the 3rd party characters I think will be added

Nov 30, 12 at 12:14pm
Swampasaur

quote XtremeAngler
i think SILVER, shadow, and/or dr. eggman!!!
Tailks, Knuckles and Amy have better shots then them.
quote XtremeAngler
All these are just random
We noticed.

quote XtremeAngler
Lyn
Roy
No comment.
*sigh*

Nov 30, 12 at 11:59am
XtremeAngler

i think SILVER, shadow, and/or dr. eggman!!!
others are

Crash bandicoot
Rayman
Pacman
SILVER
Shadow
Dr. Eggman
Spyro (old version or course!)
Classic Sonic
Tails
Lyn
Roy

All these are just random.

Nov 27, 12 at 12:41pm
Gotenks

Definitely. I really enjoy how he looks currently. I'd be all for his Rayman Legends look to be in this game.

Nov 27, 12 at 11:28am
Quixotic

I hope they use his current look. I love the art style. His previous look wasn't too bad though.

Nov 27, 12 at 11:14am
Gotenks

I would think Rayman would have a decent chance. Ubisoft has been doing a bunch of work for Nintendo as of late. Not to much there's Rayman Legends coming out in March next year. His chances would be good too.