Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance] » Secret Ending » Post Reply

REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Keyblade Sora
Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.

hideOriginal Post

Aug 06, 12 at 5:32pm

So what did you all think of the secret ending for this game. Not just the content of the ending but what you thought of how it was to obtain it and what you think the ending might mean for the future of this franchise.

To start off I was disappointed at how easy it was to get the secret ending, as I mentioned in a different thread it only took me a total of an extra hour to get the secret ending, which was the easiest to get out of any other KH game, even easier than KH1 and that was pretty dang easy too.

As for what it contained I was pretty excited about it. For some reason I didn't expect it to be Kairi that Riku brought with him, but when I saw her I felt dumb for not thinking of her immediately since she did wield a Keyblade at the end of KH2.

The seven lights are Terra, Ventus, Aqua, Riku, Mickey, Kairi, and who was the last one? Is it Sora or Axel, because Sora didn't pass the Mark of Mastery test and Axel did say he wanted to become a Keyblade master as well.

I have a feeling that the next game, which I am hoping is the last, otherwise meaning Kingdom Hearts 3 or whatever name they wish too give it, I think it is going to epic and really satisfying and have a compelling story to wrap things up, lets just hope they don't drag it on with another filler handheld game.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 16, 12 at 5:37pm
Wolverine527

quote Darkpawn
Don't assume, because you're wrong. However, your explanation was enough for anyone who misunderstood.

Regarding what you just said...

We have:

Sora Riku Kairi Mickey Lea Ventus Terra Aqua

Uh, that's eight.

But obviously it can't be all of them.

But here's the thing, Mickey literally said:

My three friends (Terra, Aqua, and Ventus), me(Mickey), Riku, and Sora.

That's the definite six. So if we watched the final ending (I'm assuming you did) then Kairi is the 7th.

Lea is not included. He's too late for the tryouts!

Also Kairi needed a return to the game. She was just kinda there. HAI IM KAIRI! I WAS IMPORTANT FOR LIEK 1 AND A HALF GAMES.

Her being a princess and a keyblade wielder means something, especially in this series. Watch her be uber strong character... and then Xehanort's new vessel.

There's no way of knowing if Terra will actually be a part of the light though. His body was taken by Xehanort and eventually became Xemnas,nobody knows what became of his heart,and who knows if they'll find out? There is a distinct possibility of Aqua escaping the realm of darkness,and if that happens they'll be able to awaken Ventus,though it could potentially have an adverse effect on Sora,considering Ventus has been a part of Sora for over a decade.

At this point all we can do is speculate based on what we know,we can't know for certain quite yet. There's no doubt that Kairi is one of the seven lights,but don't rule out Lea quite yet.

Aug 16, 12 at 7:55am
Darkpawn

Don't assume, because you're wrong. However, your explanation was enough for anyone who misunderstood.

Regarding what you just said...

We have:

Sora Riku Kairi Mickey Lea Ventus Terra Aqua

Uh, that's eight.

But obviously it can't be all of them.

But here's the thing, Mickey literally said:

My three friends (Terra, Aqua, and Ventus), me(Mickey), Riku, and Sora.

That's the definite six. So if we watched the final ending (I'm assuming you did) then Kairi is the 7th.

Lea is not included. He's too late for the tryouts!

Also Kairi needed a return to the game. She was just kinda there. HAI IM KAIRI! I WAS IMPORTANT FOR LIEK 1 AND A HALF GAMES.

Her being a princess and a keyblade wielder means something, especially in this series. Watch her be uber strong character... and then Xehanort's new vessel.

Aug 16, 12 at 12:14am

^ I'm just going to assume you haven't beat Young Xehanort and the Armored Ventus Nightmare. In the end both light and dark come up one member short in the realm of sleep. The twelve darknesses go back to their original times and Mickey, Riku, Lea, and Sora return to the real world. Riku frees Sora's heart from its sleep via the powers he obtained during the test. And thus, Sora is a light, and not a darkness.

Now from the secret movie and ending scenes, Lea and Kairi is revealed to be the final lights. TBH, I have mixed feelings about this. While I am happy that Kairi is not just a useless damsel in distress, but shouldn't they try to find somebody else to become a keyblade master? The princesses have to be protected so that Xehanort can't use them as the seven lights if the protagonists can't gather seven keyblade wielders. So using this logic, Kairi shouldn't really be out there fighting. If she's lost, what'll happen to the current world order? It's the seven princesses keep the worlds from plunging into darkness, does the loss of one endanger that order?

Now like I said before, I'm glad Kairi can finally do something other than be eye candy. It's just the logic Yen Sid was using for why they had to get seven keyblade users to protect the princesses, yet have one of said princesses be one of the lights kinda seems strange, no?

quote cecil_pldn
I wouldn't worry about Square not answering any open ends. The awesome thing about the Kingdom Hearts series is that they give an answer to EVERYTHING, even stuff you didn't even know needed explaining. KH3 is going to be awesome, so much is building and I'm not worried in the least that Square is going to botch this one. Except for Chain of Memories' battle system , they have yet to disappoint me
D= I liked CoM. Being able to counter an enemy's ultimate attack (ie Repliku's Dark Aura) with nothing more than a zero card was awesome! Sure it was annoying at first but I loved the concept after awhile.

Aug 15, 12 at 9:28pm
Darkpawn

Sora is the 13th member of darkness... That means everyone else are the 7 pure lights.

Aug 12, 12 at 5:17pm
SoraCloud

That little spiel you just gave Roxas, that was pretty awesome and got me more amped for it and thats not good because we won't get that game for awhile

Aug 12, 12 at 11:08am
Roxas

Everything is set up for Kingdom Hearts 3. The thirteen darknesses, the seven pure lights, the foreshadowing of another Keyblade War - we are set. Master Xehanort is back, and with his newly assembled army. He is on the move. His final triumph is nigh. Get set, ladies and gentleman. We are taking the fight straight to the Xehanorts. Kingdom Hearts 3.

Aug 12, 12 at 7:40am
Wolverine527

quote Rabla
quote soracloud08
The seven lights are Terra, Ventus, Aqua, Riku, Mickey, Kairi, and who was the last one? Is it Sora or Axel, because Sora didn't pass the Mark of Mastery test and Axel did say he wanted to become a Keyblade master as well.
Nope.

Sora, Riku, Kairi, Mickey, Lea, Ven, Aqua.

Terra is one of the thirteen darknesses.

Yeah,I'm pretty sure it's going to be those seven. I just don't see Terra actually coming back at all,just because they have no idea what happened to his heart and Xemnas is his body...

At least with Ven they can probably get him back as long as they manage to get Aqua out of the Realm of Darkness. Aqua's the only one that knows the layout of Castle Oblivion,so they'd need to get her out of the Realm of Darkness in order to get Ventus back. Though she might insist on getting Terra back before going to get Ven just because she promised him she'd bring Terra back when she came to get him.

As far as the secret ending itself goes,it's nice that they finally confirmed what everyone has known since KH2. I'm hoping that Kairi will be a decent keyblade wielder by the time the next game starts,though I'm sure she won't be anywhere near the same level as Aqua or Riku.

Aug 09, 12 at 8:18pm
cecil_pldn

I wouldn't worry about Square not answering any open ends. The awesome thing about the Kingdom Hearts series is that they give an answer to EVERYTHING, even stuff you didn't even know needed explaining. KH3 is going to be awesome, so much is building and I'm not worried in the least that Square is going to botch this one. Except for Chain of Memories' battle system , they have yet to disappoint me

Aug 09, 12 at 4:09pm
Megas MkII

Not necessarily. Terra's body became a host for Master Xehanort's heart, or at least a piece of it. For the series to have real closure, Ventus needs his heart to be fully healed, Aqua needs to break out of the Dark Realm, Terra needs to get back to his body or find peace to move on. For these to happen, Sora may lose his ability to wield a Keyblade for a while, since it was Ventus' heart that let him (As well as Roxas and Xion) wield it, though it's obvious he'll get it back. Whether or not he'll be a master is anyone's guess, but it may mean he won't duel wield again.

Honestly, if they leave anything serious unanswered, Ventus being asleep and Terra trapped in his armor for example, it'll be an outrage worse than the Mass Effect 3 original ending fiasco, by far. I have yet to see the secret ending, but I know for a fact that there could possibly be more than seven, though if only seven are masters, then the eighth will be a wild card (I would imagine Lea being such, given the way he acts at times). This has been an amazing story thus far, and the ending has to be nothing less, or there will be yet another case of the fans making petitions to get it done right.

Aug 09, 12 at 3:09am
Rabla

quote soracloud08
Nope.

Sora, Riku, Kairi, Mickey, Lea, Ven, Aqua.

Terra is one of the thirteen darknesses.