Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U » Story for one version? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Animal Crossing Donkey Kong Earthbound Fire Emblem F Zero Game and Watch Ice Climber Kid Icarus Kirby Mario Megaman Metal Gear Metroid Pikmin Pokemon ROB Sonic Starfox Warioware Wii Fit Yoshi Legend of Zelda Bowser Captain Falcon Charizard King Dedede Diddy Kong Donkey Kong Doctor Mario Falco Fox Ganondorf Game and Watch Ice Climbers Ike Ivysaur Jigglypuff Kirby Link Lucario Lucas Luigi Mario Marth Meta Knight Mewtwo Ness Olimar Peach Pichu Pikachu Pit Pokemon Trainer ROB Roy Samus Sheik Snake Sonic Squirtle Smash Bros Toon Link Wario Wolf Yoshi Young Link Zelda Zero Suit Samus

hideOriginal Post

Aug 06, 12 at 2:09pmSwampasaur

I thought of something.

What if one version of SSB4 was story based while the other was multiplayer based?

That may be why Sakurai is separating the two versions in the first place!

What do you guys think?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 09, 12 at 7:38am
GaTheZakk

I like playing one player vs mode against the cpu!

I also like to team up with my friend in a two players vs two cpus matchup.

Of course I play one player vs against the cpu alot more often because of other everyday things going on and two player vs for me just doesn't happen that often.

I trust that Sakurai would keep vs mode in this game the same as it always has been because that's the mode everyone plays in Super Smash Bros games and same goes for Super Smash Bros 4 both 3ds and Wii U versions alike.

Sep 09, 12 at 12:53am
Swampasaur

quote GaTheZakk
It looks like bbb7002004 understands, 3ds will definately still have it's Multiplayer and if anything it will probrobly be one of two modes, Adventure and Multiplayer or it could be Classic and Multiplayer, ether way they are going to have the core Multiplayer that Super Smash Bros was always known and loved for.

Not to mention they have to kick Playstation All stars' butt with these two game.
You're not listening to what other people are saying.

EVERYONE WANTS VS MODE!!! NO ONE SAID IT WOULD BE TAKEN OUT!!!! NO ONE WOULD DREAM OF TAKING IT OUT!!!

Thank you.

4 player adventure mode would be pretty fun.

Sep 06, 12 at 9:35am
RegalBryant

quote bbb7002004
I don't really understand your point. A multiplayer adventure game is somehow less worth an extra purchase than a straight up vs. mode?
An Adventure Smash Bros., yes. I spent maybe 20 hours on Subspace Emissary, and 500 hours on vs. mode. Vs. mode has always been the focus of Smash Bros. for a reason. The mechanics were built around the idea of a fighting game. Even though they worked well as a side-scrolling platformer, they didn't work as well.

Sep 06, 12 at 8:49am
GaTheZakk

It looks like bbb7002004 understands, 3ds will definately still have it's Multiplayer and if anything it will probrobly be one of two modes, Adventure and Multiplayer or it could be Classic and Multiplayer, ether way they are going to have the core Multiplayer that Super Smash Bros was always known and loved for.

Not to mention they have to kick Playstation All stars' butt with these two game.

Sep 06, 12 at 6:26am
bbb7002004

I don't really understand your point. A multiplayer adventure game is somehow less worth an extra purchase than a straight up vs. mode?

Eh, whatever. Even if the story/adventure mode is the heavier focus I doubt Nintendo would remove the core vs. mode. It may not be as complex or have as much content as the console version, assuming the 3DS version is the story driven one, but it will still be there.

Sep 06, 12 at 4:42am
RegalBryant

quote bbb7002004
I was thinking more in terms of the Wii U version, but even with the 3DS version you'd need multiple copies for multiplayer anyway. Its not like it would be a requirement anyway, just the option to have partners in your adventure mode.
But Adventure mode loses a lot of fun alone, and buying 2 JUST for adventure was my problem. If multiplayer was included, I'm fine with it.

Sep 05, 12 at 6:03pm
PwnageMaster67

quote GaTheZakk
See Regal Bryant knows how much this game would suck if it was there was just one mode and of all modes the lamest that being Adventure mode.
RegalBryant didn't say anything about Adventure Mode "sucking."

quote RegalBryant
Playing with your friends and family, which you couldn't do if all it had was Adventure Mode?
I wasn't talking about Adventure Mode. I was just mentioning the point of Smash Bros. Plus, even if Adventure Mode didn't let you play with friends and family, its still has history.

I want a 4 player Adventure Mode too.

Sep 05, 12 at 4:29pm
Gotenks

It's kind of a shame that we know little of what Nintendo plans to do with the online for the Wii U tbh(unless I missed some news on it) as they need to catch up badly with their online. The online on their 3DS is miles better than the Wii but compared to 360/PS3, it's still only alright.

Nintendo has missed several opportunities with making some games online(Mario Party anyone?) or even doing an online co-op adventure mode. Imagine being able to play with your friends even around the world and going through Adventure Mode? Could do it with the Wii U and possibly the 3DS unless they plan to make the games a bit. different.

Sep 05, 12 at 2:53pm
GaTheZakk

I think they are going to do what they did in Kid Icarus Uprising, have a "Subpace Emissary" and have the Multiplayer mode.

When I was playing Kid Icarus Uprising, I noticed a lot of times that if felt a lot like Super Smash Bros.

I think Sakurai was "practicing" when he created Kid Icarus Uprising so he can be ready to tackle the task of completing Super Smash Bros 4.

So think Kid Icarus Uprising and Super Smash Bros Brawl put together, that's what this game will be when it comes to game modes.

Sep 05, 12 at 10:04am
bbb7002004

Some games have had download play, but you have to be able to transfer enough data over to the other consoles to make the game work. Usually this means that the modes you can play are limited since transferring enough data to play the whole game would take several minutes.