Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Oceania » London 2012 Olympics » Post Reply

Note to Guests: I urge you to register with Neoseeker for the reason that it is much more fun when you can customize your profile, and interact with other members on friendly terms.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Aug 06, 12 at 5:28amHell Fire

Well, we're a good portion of the way through the Olympics and the Aussies have done next to nothing compared to past several games. 1 gold so far, but 20 medals in total. It's a bit of a shame that our athletes haven't won a few more but when you think about it, 2nd and 3rd is still good.

What sports have you been watching? I haven't been watching it as much as I would have liked. I just saw Usain Bolt get gold, and damn he's a freak. All of the gymnasts are pertty unbelievable. I want to catch the USA play bball but it hasn't been on yet.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 09, 12 at 7:44pm
11kgm

But we are still better i am sure, i think we are still number 1

Aug 09, 12 at 5:01pm
Euphoric

No we wouldn't. NZ and (I think it's) Jamaica are both very strong in international netball.

Aug 08, 12 at 5:03pm
11kgm

seriously we would rape any country in netball

Aug 08, 12 at 7:17am
Hell Fire

We'll have 5 gold by tomorrow, which will put us in 10th place. Still nothing on our previous olympics, but still not too bad.

quote 11kgm
What sport are we good at anymore?
Rugby union nope
cricket nope
soccer falling down
Olympics worst in years
Netball staying about par
Hockey dropping off
Tennis don't even mention it
Basketball again falling down
AFL! Our all Australian team should be able to give China a run for their money.

Aug 07, 12 at 1:04am
11kgm

What sport are we good at anymore?
Rugby union nope
cricket nope
soccer falling down
Olympics worst in years
Netball staying about par
Hockey dropping off
Tennis don't even mention it
Basketball again falling down

Aug 07, 12 at 12:59am
Euphoric

We suck because for the last decade we've kept funding into all levels of sport so tight and yet poorly managed. Other countries are increasing budgets constantly and are improving their structures as well. Look at the shambles that is youth sport in this country. That's the problem. Where we once had stupidly high percentages of the population playing sport all the way into adulthood, we now have very few that keep up out of high school. Our coaching structures reward only the elite but we have less and less ability to accurately identify and promote potential talent to that level.

We can't change unless we put more money into it. That won't happen so we will continue to lose that aura we once had of being much stronger than we have a right to be.

Haven't really watched any Olympics as Channel 9 are *bleep*ing atrocious and only show Australian events, and not even then do it terribly. No thanks.

Aug 06, 12 at 9:17pm
11kgm

The perv events are never shown it makes me so sad

Aug 06, 12 at 8:17pm
Chelskiman

quote Hell Fire
You don't pat Richmond on the back when they come second in a match, do you chelskiman
Ouch.

I started watching the Olympics, but haven't been following it in the past few days. All the good events are on too late. >>

Aug 06, 12 at 7:49pm
monkeyslut

quote pommyadam
quote monkeyslut
I feel sorry for anyone that is trying to watch the olympics without foxtel
the 9 coverage sucks ass
i learnt from my winter2010 experience, and decided to stream the events i wanted to watch
Was at the mother in laws yesterday trying to watch the basketball 1 min to go and we are up/down by 1 ( cant remember) but instead of showing an intense game lets show the crowd at the track and Field politely clapping and smiling....

Aug 06, 12 at 7:01pm
pommyadam

quote monkeyslut
I feel sorry for anyone that is trying to watch the olympics without foxtel
the 9 coverage sucks ass
i learnt from my winter2010 experience, and decided to stream the events i wanted to watch