Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » New Super Mario Bros. 2 » Is it time for a music change? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Count Bleck Mario Toad Baby Luigi Baby Mario Boo Ludwig Luigi Goomba Piranha Plant Fire Mario Luigi small mario Star Fire Flower Peach Toad Coin Block Cheep Cheep Donkey Kong Yoshi Spiny Blooper Buzzy Beetle Bullet Bill Fawful Lakitu Paratroopa Classic Mushroom Poison Mushroom Daisy Poison Mushroom 2 Mushroom 1-Up Boo King Boo Luma Bowser Rosalina Paper Luigi Yoshi

hideOriginal Post

Aug 06, 12 at 2:11amJohn234MKWii

If you heard the music in the background of the GameXplain review while the reviewer( you may have seen it in the And the Review Says...... thread) was playing around with NSMB2, you may have noticed that the music was a remix of the previous NSMB games. Will Nintendo change the music in the next New Super Mario game? It is the right time, Nintendo, because while the gameplay is turning out to be good, the music tells us that you're just copying it from previous NSMB games. So now is the time to change.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 15, 12 at 12:23am
John234MKWii

Yeah, change it a little bit, but not a lot, each Mario game. Underground NSMB theme: Dooba-Dooba-Dooba.Dooba-Dooba-Dooba- BAH!. da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da.

Aug 15, 12 at 12:04am
monky8888

yes, need to change it

Aug 13, 12 at 11:04pm
John234MKWii

Yeah, the NSMB over world music has a nice tune, but NSMBW's forest theme was good as! Da-Da-Da-Da-Da-BAH!.

Aug 13, 12 at 6:18pm
Sigma

I love the music in this game, one of my favorite soundtracks of all time, to be honest. I definitely don't think it needs to be changed. If anything, maybe updated, I guess you can say, like, the same music, only with a different tone to it.

Aug 13, 12 at 1:28pm
Thrawn

quote The Pursuit
Yes I think they should change it all to my favorite rock songs. That would be cool wouldn't it.

Having the music be all of our favorite songs?

That would be awesome.

Aug 13, 12 at 11:20am
Vicarious

Yes I think they should change it all to my favorite rock songs. That would be cool wouldn't it.

Haha but no the music is a staple to the series and always fits, so why fix what isn't broken?

Aug 13, 12 at 6:34am
Thrawn

I don't mind the music form the previous NSMB games so I really don't mind them coming back with it.

Aug 07, 12 at 10:44pm
John234MKWii

I didn't see that much difference between the World 1-1 music from SMB and the World 1-1 music from NSMBW. The desert music was good. Feels like you're in Egypt. NSMBW's music was the best in the series so far but I might change my mind if it's good enough. The snow music was nice because they kept the original music from World 1-1 of NSMBW, but they turned it Christmasy-like. The underwater music was my second favourite. So relaxing...Aaah...the sounds of the sea...The jungle music was my favourite. Kept singing the tune for ages...Da-da-da-da-da-BAH! The lava music was epic!

Aug 07, 12 at 7:43pm
Virtue

quote John234MKWii
But look at the difference between the original SMB over world music and the NSMBW grassland music. It's a pretty big difference if you ask me. SMB3's music was pretty different. SMW's was good, though, despite a big change. NSMB and NSMB2 sound the same. But the other types of levels, like underground and underwater SMB, NSMB don't really need that big of a change. I prefer NSMBW underwater though. SMB3's underground sounded like an upgraded version of the SMB underground. SMW's was......strange. NSMB and NSMBW are almost exact duplicates. The only reason why I'd change the SMB music is because it would NOT make sense if Nintendo made this already 3DS game 8-bit. SMB's castle was nice. SMB3's scared me a little <<<<made me die. SMW's sounded like someone was playing an evil organ song. Otherwise, it's alright. NSMB and NSMBW are similar. NSMBW is beast though. NSMB2's has the 'bah' in the castle theme, if you didn't know.
It still had similar elements though. The music is just a bit more advanced in NSMB simply because it's well...new. It'd be pretty weird to have the 8-bit version playing in the back round. They made enough progression to make it sound nice. Completely revamping the audio would make it lose that familiar sound.

Aug 06, 12 at 11:27pm
John234MKWii

Yeah, now I'm starting to agree with Kokoro. They fit the levels almost perfectly and the game is good if the music fits in. I still think that SMW and NSMBW's were like a vampire playing organ. But it is better like that. Can't like the SMB overworld better than I do now. The athletic themes of NSMB and NSMBW sound similar. But NSMBW, like almost always, is better. I like how Nintendo use more piano in their themes.