Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Diablo III » Real Money Auction House » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Aug 05, 12 at 9:02pmRazeHell

Is it a useless feature?

I really can't see anyone paying real money for loot that can just as easily be bought in the gold auction house.
Especially after all the flack that the game is getting and the decline in player count.

Not only that, but the item that they just bought will very likely become obsolete as they discover or buy a better version.

The only thing I see people spending real money on is the uber legendary kind of stuff that you'd only get in lategame Inferno, and even then, I really can't see anyone spending more than a dollar or two on it.

Has anyone ever sold anything for real money?
What was it, and how much did it go for?

Alternatively, has anyone bought anything with real money?
If so, what was it, and do you still use it, or have you replaced it?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 23, 13 at 5:25pm
Yoshi Fanatic

Alakaizer runs in Act III is a good place to start for power farming/loot/xp.

http://www.diablowiki.net/Alkaizer_Run

Jan 20, 13 at 7:14pm
adchick

I've managed to sell 1 thing which gave me about 40p in total!

Anyone know where is best for xp/loot? I'm only paragon level 4 at the moment!

Jan 14, 13 at 6:22am
Jace2012

It is Blizzard's desperate attempt to make money out of a no subscription game. If you got the money my advise is to spend it somewhere else. Unless you want to be godly in Diablo III that bad...

You can also use the RMAH to sell your own gear to make $$. (actually Blizzard has potentially created a "legal" way for you to make a living out of a video game )

Seriously though, you can do a lot of other more interesting things with those money and time.

Cheers!

Nov 30, 12 at 10:37am
PlaystationGuru

I think its just trying to take the business from the auction or ingame items sites around the net that probably sell items and D3 Gold for less. Just my 2 cents though.

Aug 16, 12 at 5:38pm
Shiris

Some people don't have the time to farm it up and have lots of money to burn (i'm not complaining, as i sell items myself). In the long run, when they do get good drops they can sell it for money back anyway.

I've sold WoW accounts too (that were fully pvp geared) back in the days, some people just don't have the time or skill to gear up themselves. To them, it's worth the money vs time investment (they want to pwn from the start).

Tons of people also buy gold in MMOs (when you get paid decent amount of money, it's more efficient to just buy the gold).

--------------

I've made like 330 from less than 2 months of play (my hours in game aren't accurate, because I used to leave character on 24/7 idle), still have another 6 of my gear to sell too.

Aug 13, 12 at 4:14am
Tenklis

Gear most likely won't matter after pvp. I have a friend who's made at least a grand on the rmah so far. End game = make real money. You can buy gold for $ and then use the gold to buy items on the gold ah, or buy an item with gold and sell it on the rmah. People do buy equipment and gold for real money, people do make real money selling equipment and gold.

Now, what's the point of spending money on gear if the point of the game is gearing up? Personally I wouldn't spend real money, but as soon as I get a cc ill be selling items. In the case of diablo 3, spending money on super uber gear could pay off in the long run. Spend a ton of $ on gear, farm a bunch of gear on act3/4 inferno and make a killing.

Aug 05, 12 at 10:50pm
Marc

My personal opinion is the whole point of the game is to farm items, right? So why pay for items when all your going to do is farm for more items? Kinda defeats the purpose of the whole game. It makes blizzard look like their trying to make a quick buck or two with the 15% of the sellers profit thing.

It boggles my mind why somebody would pay 50 bucks for a helmet when all there doing is PvE and there is no sign of PvP in sight.

Aug 05, 12 at 9:02pm
RazeHell

Is it a useless feature?

I really can't see anyone paying real money for loot that can just as easily be bought in the gold auction house.
Especially after all the flack that the game is getting and the decline in player count.

Not only that, but the item that they just bought will very likely become obsolete as they discover or buy a better version.

The only thing I see people spending real money on is the uber legendary kind of stuff that you'd only get in lategame Inferno, and even then, I really can't see anyone spending more than a dollar or two on it.

Has anyone ever sold anything for real money?
What was it, and how much did it go for?

Alternatively, has anyone bought anything with real money?
If so, what was it, and do you still use it, or have you replaced it?