Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » Audio too low with Silverlight + How to reroute audio to a player? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 05, 12 at 5:13pm
VeGiTAX2

Very cool to know sometimes you never know what will trip off a fix. Glad you didn't go deaf though, from what I know Netflix doesn't have the best Subtitles or CC system

Aug 05, 12 at 12:06pm
xTalina

VeGiTAX2,

Thank you so much for your input. Your advice for raising the EQ settings in my audio deck fixed the issue so perfectly that I nearly went deaf when I pressed play. XD

Much appreciated!

Aug 05, 12 at 10:02am
VeGiTAX2

Unfortunately from what I know, Netflix distributes the show into packets instead of a single stream, this is part of their DRM system to help bypass abuse. It basically nerfs the ability to watch your shows on other players though.

Is it possible to list what sound card you're using or is it just integrated audio? Just trying to think of other solutions including raising the rates in your EQ settings for the sound output. Also have you installed the stock drivers for your audio instead of just using the WDM drivers that windows uses when it auto detects?

In general Enable Loudness Equalization functions much the same as Creative's SVM delivery where it doesn't boost the gain on the volume but instead caps the top for potential clipping so you don't blow your system out with files of different loudness.

Personally I haven't hit this problem so I'm not really sure where to start but I'd be glad to try and lend a hand to see what's up.

Aug 05, 12 at 6:30am
xTalina

I'm trying to watch a show on Netflix and can barely hear anything that's being said. It's early in the morning and very quiet, yet, I have to push my headset closer to my ears to hear anything. I'm using Win7 and Firefox, and it appears that many Netflix users have this issue and the blame seems to be Silverlight [which doesn't have volume control].
  • I checked system sounds and everything is at 100%.
  • My headset's volume control is at 100%.
  • Silverlight is updated to it's latest version which is 5.1.10411.0 [as far as I know].
  • I tried a fix which stated that you have to go into Sound > Speakers/Headphones > Properties > Enhancements > "Enable Loudness Equalization" which actually made the show more quiet. The fix also stated that you have to tick "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" under Exclusive Mode in the advanced tab which literally made no difference whatsoever.
-
My other question is in the same vicinity as above. Is it possible to reroute the audio from Firefox to VLC, WMP, iTunes, etc to watch my shows/movies in case I can't solve this problem?

Thanks!