Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 » Bugged challenges » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Black Ops Black Ops 2 Brigadier General Colonel 2nd Lieutenant Ghosts Major Lieutenant Colonel Corporal General Captain Lieutenant General 1st Lieutenant Major General Master Sergeant Modern Warfare Modern Warfare 3 Private Sergant Major Sergeant

hideOriginal Post

Aug 03, 12 at 7:09amIUSEthePM-9

In my game my challenges "Counter-MVP" and "Dominos" have been bugged so that while I have unlocked them, they just won't be completed. This whole situation wouldn't be too bad if I wasn't trying to get all the titles and emblems, and these are two of the few I have left. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to counteract/avoid this glitch, or if IW would actually help me with it? I know I've done Dominos, and while it's hard to keep track of Counter MVP, I'm reasonably sure I would have completed that.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 05, 12 at 10:56am
staintool

for the mastodon challenge the easiest way has to be demolition or infested. quick easy games

Sep 05, 12 at 10:54am
staintool

for the dominoes challenge i got it on hardhat. somone had a claymore, someone had c4 down. shot an rpg in there, got it. its gotta be easiest to get on dome, i'd have to guess. in the dome with all those barrels. chain reaction waitin' to happen

Sep 04, 12 at 9:13am
staintool

[quote=IUSEthePM-9|message:33409766]
I didn't think that any tactical blew up equipment, just EMP, awkward for me. But I was referring to the strategy where you throw your own C4 and your own EMP grenade after that, doesn't matter anymore though, it's done, and I haven't planned on prestiging again since I got to tenth
i know flashes set off bouncing betties. do it all the time

Sep 04, 12 at 5:11am
IUSEthePM-9

If anyone cares I also got the "Counter MVP" challenge this weekend gone past. It was the best way of earning it too I would say We were playing Domination Terminal and my team was spawntrapped in A, after trying for a while to make it out of the spawn and cap C I realised it was futile, so I just stood behind one of the glass stands with the perfume inside. Soon enough, some sniper came and tac inserted himself behind one of the poles in the main hallway, right in front of me. From then a series of hilarious encounters took place where he would respawn, plant his tac, and try to creep around the corner to snipe me. He'd tried doing this ten times, and I got the challenge, before he even tried to jump out and do different crap. I turned a 10-15 game into a 26-17 game, thanks to the sniper :') Thankfully he was the top ranked in the lobby, he ended up going 53-70. How does someone break the half century, but go negative, what the hell?

The thing is though, I'm pretty sure that I killed him ten times in a row to get that challenge, so for anyone struggling with that challenge, the reason might be that you're not killing them ten times in a row. I'm not sure though, I'm just guessing.

EDIT: Yeah, I killed the guy 11 times in a row, so that's probably the trick to the challenge.

Aug 20, 12 at 5:55pm
joe p 123

quote GoSaki
Getting Star Player is proving to be glitched or bugged for me, at least.

It's the challenge where you've got to have a K/D of 5:1 in any type of game. I've got a 5:1 K/D, gone and camped like a wuss and not got it. #sadface

Any advice?

Easy to do in Infected. Get 5 kills, get killed by an infected. Hide and maintain the 5:1.

Aug 18, 12 at 5:39pm
IUSEthePM-9

quote GoSaki

It's the challenge where you've got to have a K/D of 5:1 in any type of game. I've got a 5:1 K/D, gone and camped like a wuss and not got it. #sadface

Any advice?

Make sure you had a five killstreak before you die for the first time. That challenge is based on whether or not you had a 5 KD for the ENTIRE game, not just finished with a 5 KD.

Aug 18, 12 at 3:42pm
GoSa ki2222

Any advice?

Aug 14, 12 at 1:16am
IUSEthePM-9

I didn't think that any tactical blew up equipment, just EMP, awkward for me. But I was referring to the strategy where you throw your own C4 and your own EMP grenade after that, doesn't matter anymore though, it's done, and I haven't planned on prestiging again since I got to tenth

Aug 14, 12 at 1:05am
Horse

quote IUSEthePM-9
my first attempts would have been using C4 and then throwing an EMP grenade which has been shown to work in videos, so no need for a noobtube
No, a noob tube would just make it incredibly easier. An EMP grenade would be ideal for destroying enemy Claynores/C4/Bouncing Bitches in spots they are camping, while with a noob tube you don't have to worry about the time needed to throw the damn thing since you can blow it up almost instantaneously with a single shot.

That being said, I did throw a Bouncing Bitch down and EMP it for a kill last night, but it would have killed the enemy with any other tactical grenade bar smoke.

...it's not that complicated.

Aug 13, 12 at 2:25am
IUSEthePM-9

quote Horse
Noob tube. C4. I'm incredibly surprised you didn't think of that.
I wasn't trying to get it at all, just knew I blew betties up with frags and semtexes, and wondered why I didn't have it yet. If the time came when I would actually make a conscious effort to go for that challenge, my first attempts would have been using C4 and then throwing an EMP grenade which has been shown to work in videos, so no need for a noobtube