Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon » What do you hope is added to this game? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: >Why not join the site and see all that it has to offer?>Be thoughtful to each other!
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Count Bleck Mario Toad Baby Luigi Baby Mario Boo Ludwig Luigi Goomba Piranha Plant Fire Mario Luigi small mario Star Fire Flower Peach Toad Coin Block Cheep Cheep Donkey Kong Yoshi Spiny Blooper Buzzy Beetle Bullet Bill Fawful Lakitu Paratroopa Classic Mushroom Poison Mushroom Daisy Poison Mushroom 2 Mushroom 1-Up Boo King Boo Luma Bowser Rosalina Paper Luigi Yoshi

hideOriginal Post

Aug 02, 12 at 8:56pmSkyexplorer

With little information of this game released there is lots of speculation.

What do you hope is added/taken away in this Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon?

I think adding some sort of a skill point system to the game would be interesting. Maybe you could get like a skill point for capturing X amount of ghosts and rank up some skill. Like on skill might be running faster, or making the ghosts health go down faster. It'd add more variety to the game, IMO. Probably would need to be refined, though XD

Mod edit: Added a tag!

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 18, 12 at 10:24am
Hmszelda

quote GoombasRool
I would like MULTIPLAYER though I wouldn't know how that would work... Maybe an option to fight bosses again?
Maybe who could catch the most ghost in X amount of time?

Nov 17, 12 at 3:02pm
GoombasRool

I would like MULTIPLAYER though I wouldn't know how that would work... Maybe an option to fight bosses again? But, what I would REALLY like to see would be an optional, extremely hard mansion with the TRUE final boss.

Nov 08, 12 at 10:16am
Spook

They could have a merchant character, like the guy from Resi 4. Instead though, he'd be a ghost, and if you sucked him up he'd be gone for good, similar to what happened if you killed the merchant.

Nov 08, 12 at 8:36am
Hmszelda

quote Bogmire
jetpack function for the Poltergust.
That would be so funny to see!

quote Bogmire
I forgot to mention my whole Shop mechanic idea! Basically, a shop appears in every mansion with a standardized ghost that may be like one of the beta ghosts from LM1 could be in charge of it and sells you certain items (e.g.: Poltergust upgrades, gadgets, elemental medals, keys, Secret Doors etc.) for X coins. Also, there could be "optional" bosses. No, not like in the first game, but instead, there could be a ghost or two that tells you if you let him go, he will show you a secret door, treasure chest or money, but for one cost; once you do this, you cannot catch him.
Wow, I got a bit carried away...
That would honestly be pretty cool... Both of those ideas would be, might make the whole game a bit more in-deph, ya know?

Nov 08, 12 at 6:57am
Bogmire

Hm... I would hope to see Luigi sporting some new gadgets n' stuff, such as maybe a jetpack function for the Poltergust.
Also, somebody pointed out that The Hidden Mansion only had stronger ghosts and a stronger vacuum. Well, not in the PAL version. In the PAL version, the Mansion is inverted, more Ghosts appear at a time, etc. Though the most interesting feature is in the Boolossus battle. When I played this fight, I definitely did not expect Luigi to ride the Poltergust around like a cart. I feel this could be incorporated into a boss fight or two in Dark Moon.
EDIT: I forgot to mention my whole Shop mechanic idea! Basically, a shop appears in every mansion with a standardized ghost that may be like one of the beta ghosts from LM1 could be in charge of it and sells you certain items (e.g.: Poltergust upgrades, gadgets, elemental medals, keys, Secret Doors etc.) for X coins. Also, there could be "optional" bosses. No, not like in the first game, but instead, there could be a ghost or two that tells you if you let him go, he will show you a secret door, treasure chest or money, but for one cost; once you do this, you cannot catch him.
Wow, I got a bit carried away...

Aug 25, 12 at 4:10am
Charlie

Tbh the only thing I would REALLY want is a new/better story. Luigi's Mansion 1 was fun, but the story was eh. Some new equipment would be nice too.

Aug 23, 12 at 9:02am
Skyexplorer

quote FoneBoneFan15
Super Guide feature (like in New Super Mario Bros Wii). I hope all RPG games released after October 2009 have that.
For a game like Luigi's Mansion? I don't think that would work well with LM, and I can't really seeing myself failing 8 times on something, and if I did it'd be on some portrait ghost and I wouldn't want some computer to do that for me.

Aug 23, 12 at 6:41am
FoneBoneFan15

Super Guide feature (like in New Super Mario Bros Wii). I hope all RPG games released after October 2009 have that.

Aug 20, 12 at 2:10pm
Hmszelda

quote Spaf289
quote Skyexplorer
quote Spaf289
Personally, I hope the story is longer and more interesting.
Do you mean like the actual story, like Luigi saving Mario in the mansion? If you mean it like that, it's a mario game it's more for the actual gameplay.

I suppose your right but it would be nice if Nintendo could tell a good story with Mario or Luigi.
I know right ): I story would be nice but eh whatcha gonna do.

Aug 20, 12 at 1:14pm
Spaf289

quote Skyexplorer
quote Spaf289
Personally, I hope the story is longer and more interesting.
Do you mean like the actual story, like Luigi saving Mario in the mansion? If you mean it like that, it's a mario game it's more for the actual gameplay.

I suppose your right but it would be nice if Nintendo could tell a good story with Mario or Luigi.