Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Resident Evil 2 » Resident Evil 2 DOORS WONT OPEN » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Aug 01, 12 at 12:57pmRsx

So I decided to re-install my resident evil 2 game onto my pc to get back that horror, excitement and mystery. I have windows 7 btw. So started the game, playing as leon right from the beginning. So after blasting few zombies I ran towards the door, you know the shop with the guy with shotgun? So I pressed C(The action button) but the door wouldn't open. So I pressed f5 to change my keys, but that prove to be useless after I tried pressing the action button again. I'm reallly sad now as I can't gt past the first part. Don't tell me it's my disc because I purchased another one with the same results! Can someone please help me? I really want to go back to playing Resident evil 2

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 17, 13 at 8:33am
Jim Fenner

I used a cheat disc code which automatically completes the game instantly. I get a time of 00:00:00...0 saves and obviously rank A. Much quicker than actually doing it. Im also too crap. Gatling gun is my fav gun in any RE game, particularly 5. Its a shame that RE4 had a machine gun where each bullet does shotgun damage. Worst gun in any game EVER! Why couldnt they follow tradition and have a Gatlin gun instead of a Chicago typewriter, and what kind of a name for a gun is that anyway.

Sep 30, 12 at 6:48pm
JoveHack

quote D-G
And supposedly don't use the custom shotgun, sparkshot or machine gun.

I am not entirely convinced about this.
Here's a post from over on GameFAQs that seems correct.

quote ahvid123
posted on 4/8/2012 at 4:06 PM...
You start with 300 points and need 270 in order to qualify for Rank A.

The timer starts at 2:29:59.

- For every hour past that you lose 10 points.
-- 2:30:00 = -10, 3:30:00 = -20, etc

- Every time you save you lose 5 points.

- For every first aid spray you use you lose 10 points.

[Example Scenario]

3 saves = -15

0 Sprays = -0

Time of 3:29:59 = - 10

300 – 25 = 275

Rank A.

You have a maximum of six saves, a time of 5:29:59 or 3 sprays provided you get perfects in the other two categories.

Using one of the special weapons automatically reduces your rank by one letter.
That's consistent with my experience.

During gameplay the timer never stops. Ever. The only way to take an untimed break is to save out, and restore from that save later.

I also know that the game clock keeps running during cutscenes. On the PS2, the in-game cutscenes can't be skipped, either. The full motion video (FMV) cutscenes (blurry and long), can be skipped. There's only a couple of those in any playthrough. One of them's the long story by Mrs. Birkin, telling in flashback how the virus got loose. I usually use that for a bathroom break.

The only forbidden weapons are the infinite ammo unlockables. Everything else is fair game for an A rank.

My own long boring story of achieving an A rank. That's playing the PS1 version of the game on a PS2.
Are the unlockables worth it?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/198458-resident-evil-2/50126214

Sep 30, 12 at 2:52pm
D-G

And supposedly don't use the custom shotgun, sparkshot or machine gun.

I am not entirely convinced about this.

Sep 30, 12 at 12:16pm
JoveHack

quote Hjk
I have really wanted to get the Gatling gun but when tried to get it, I ended up beating the game I 7hrs. (I did not sit for 7hrs straight playing resident evil 2) I need help
The timer's running on the game even if you're on the inventory menu or pause screen. Try beating the game in less than three hours clock time. Don't use any First Aid Sprays, and don't save more than three times.

Sep 29, 12 at 2:13pm
Hjk

I have really wanted to get the Gatling gun but when tried to get it, I ended up beating the game I 7hrs. (I did not sit for 7hrs straight playing resident evil 2) I need help

Aug 15, 12 at 5:33pm
D-G

I don't suppose you have a controller plugged in? Could the game be using it by default?

Aug 15, 12 at 8:45am
guest :P

did you ever find the solution cus ive got the same problem. if so email me brandonbishop007@hotmail.com and label it 're 2 con'

Aug 01, 12 at 12:57pm
Rsx

So I decided to re-install my resident evil 2 game onto my pc to get back that horror, excitement and mystery. I have windows 7 btw. So started the game, playing as leon right from the beginning. So after blasting few zombies I ran towards the door, you know the shop with the guy with shotgun? So I pressed C(The action button) but the door wouldn't open. So I pressed f5 to change my keys, but that prove to be useless after I tried pressing the action button again. I'm reallly sad now as I can't gt past the first part. Don't tell me it's my disc because I purchased another one with the same results! Can someone please help me? I really want to go back to playing Resident evil 2