Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Computer Help and Discussion » light gaming laptop? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 06, 12 at 7:35pm
xx2liu

Yeah I thought about the zenbook prime with the FHD IPS screen but the HD 4000 isnt enough to support 1080p on the games I would want to play xD. I did buy one for my mom though and the screen is absolutely beautiful. I'm thinking of waiting for the asus u500 with the ultrabook form factor, great screen and GT 650m.

Sep 18, 12 at 1:54am
JessySeeker

quote acronym
If I were you, I'd get the Gigabyte laptop. It's more than worth the extra 100 dollars to get better default graphics (flashing a BIOS is risky), a nicer appearance, less weight, and a slightly larger screen. The crispness between 13 and 14 inch laptops at 1600x900 is unnoticeable.
Definitely go for the Gigabyte. Have you considered getting an Ultrabook (aka Zenbook) by Asus for gaming?

Sep 17, 12 at 12:50pm
acronym

If I were you, I'd get the Gigabyte laptop. It's more than worth the extra 100 dollars to get better default graphics (flashing a BIOS is risky), a nicer appearance, less weight, and a slightly larger screen. The crispness between 13 and 14 inch laptops at 1600x900 is unnoticeable.

Jul 31, 12 at 8:45pm
xx2liu

I'm trying to decide between a couple of light gaming laptops. I want it to be at least somewhat professional looking (ie no alienwares), nothing over 5lbs, and the thinner the better. I also need it to have a somewhat decent gpu and a resolution > 1366x768. Obviously not expecting stuff like GTX 680m in it but something in the league of HD 7670m- GT 640m would be nice. Any suggestions? Currently I'm looking at 2 contenders, the gigabyte u2442 and the new sony s13.

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4209#kf

http://www.mobiletechreview.com/notebooks/Sony-Vaio-S-13.htm

The sony comes with a 13.3' 1600x900 resolution with a GT 640m-LE and the u2442 comes with a 14' 1600x900 resolution with a GT 640m. The u2442 has a better stock gpu, but the GT 640m-LE in the sony s13 is the kepler model and as many have already done, I can flash the BIOS to increase core clocks up to 850-950mhz (equivalent of GDDR3 GT 650m). The sony is also 100 dollars cheaper. But u2442 is lighter, looks more professional and has a better screen tho imo.
What are your thoughts?/any other laptop suggestions?