Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Kid Icarus: Uprising » Competitive Guides » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Welcome to the forum! Check out our friend code database!Remember to abide by the sitewide rules when posting!
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jul 30, 12 at 11:15pmTeam Hydro Aura

Competitive Guides? Wait, what?
Yes, you read that right. The purpose of this project is to write some competitive guides for KI:U. The primary guides that we'll be writing are for each of the weapons types; That is, Arms, Blades, Bows, Cannons, Claws, Clubs, Orbitars, Palms, and Staffs. There may be a couple of other guides as well, such as a basic guide on Powers and one on Items as well.

Well, why would you want to do that?
Well, not ONLY will it give our writers something to do, but it helps out other members to boot. I mean, who wants to come in here and get beaten by powers and weapons that they've never heard of? Even our more experienced members may be able to learn something! Not only that, but it may bring some new members to the forum and keep them here. This thread will be used as a guide to the guides (guideception!) and also for signing up to write guides.

Rules for Writers
- Try to make your guide easy to understand. Keep in mind that it should be for newer members, so they may not have all of the knowledge that you do!
- Make the guide look neat. Some organizational style will catch the eye of the reader! Also be sure to remember the importance of spelling and grammar. There's even a nifty spell check right here on Neoseeker, above the reply box!
- Be sure that your information is accurate. The Kid Icarus Neowiki is a good source if you need some info.
- Combined guides ARE allowed, meaning that more than one person can work together to create a guide.
- Completed guides should be PM'd to Team Hydro Aura for approval before being posted.
- If you have any ideas for guides, you should post them here. We're always looking for any help and/or suggestions.

Writing Guidelines
These are what MUST be included in your guides. Pay close attention...
- A basic description of the weapon.
- The pros/cons of the weapon.
- Specifications on each weapon in the weapon type. (EX. Information on the Crusader Blade for a Blades Guide) Displaying which weapon out of the type you think is best is completely optional, but be sure to explain why.
- Powers to use with the weapon. This is probably the most important part. Which powers go best with the weapon you're writing about?
- Best weapon mods. What modifications would work best with said weapons? (Mods as in Paralyze +4, Charge Shot +3, etc.)
- Strategies. How do you best use this weapon while battling? Apply the knowledge you've given to the battlefield. You can either split it into LvD and FFA or give an all-around description.

The Information
Here you can find the nifty information on the guides!

Also thanks to MagnetBoy for letting me somewhat copy his thread layout. >:3

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 15, 13 at 2:47pm
Angel of the Shadows

Yeah, sounds good. All right, where do you want to start writing drafts and stuff for this viridifan?

Nov 15, 13 at 9:25am
viridifan

quote Angel of the Shadows
Exactly, something useful to do with our KI:U knowledge. Hmm... wanna work together on this viridifan? I'll do the descriptions for the weapon, its attributes, its fire, and any other stuff if you do all the base stat and techy stuff.
The techy stuff would be linking to the spreadsheet which has VERYTHING. As for co-working, we should both do the descriptions, tactics, etc so that we cover most stuff. This could actually become a great guide if we both provide knowledge, as we both master the art of staffs and of course aiming.

Nov 12, 13 at 3:03pm
Angel of the Shadows

Exactly, something useful to do with our KI:U knowledge. Hmm... wanna work together on this viridifan? I'll do the descriptions for the weapon, its attributes, its fire, and any other stuff if you do all the base stat and techy stuff.

Nov 12, 13 at 7:25am
viridifan

quote Angel of the Shadows
Hmm... I think I'll do a guide. Sigma is that cool? I don't really know who to ask so you're the closest bet. I'll finish Vegeto's Staff guide.
LOL, we should finish these guides...the staff guide is useful because few actually know how to use them.

Nov 11, 13 at 11:17am
Angel of the Shadows

Hmm... I think I'll do a guide. Sigma is that cool? I don't really know who to ask so you're the closest bet. I'll finish Vegeto's Staff guide.

Mar 15, 13 at 7:19am
Team Hydro Aura

quote canderson
I really would love to see a guide on Palms. For you Palm experts, I hope one of you consider making a guide.
I hope to improve with this weapon type, especially the Viridi Palm.
Mikey14 was supposed to be working on that one, buuuuut

Mar 14, 13 at 2:56pm
canderson

I really would love to see a guide on Palms. For you Palm experts, I hope one of you consider making a guide.
I hope to improve with this weapon type, especially the Viridi Palm.

Feb 25, 13 at 2:29pm
Team Hydro Aura

Blades, blades, I'm all blades.

Feb 25, 13 at 2:28pm
GameOver

quote Team Hydro Aura
quote PikaPower
Team Hydro Aura
Just wondering. But what is your play style? :3
Me?

NOT IMPORTANT

Nice play style.