Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 » Can't play new maps » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

hideOriginal Post

Jul 29, 12 at 5:19pmBootknife

Sorry if there is a thread about this somewhere but I couldn't find it.

I have a PS3, and am a premium member of Elite. I've downloaded and played on all the newest maps, including Sanctuary and Foundation, and the Face Off maps, but now I get this message in red letters that says: "Playing with original maps only. Download all DLC content you entitled to from the STORE in order to play on DLC maps."

Someone suggested I delete the MW3 add-ons from my hard drive, and download and install all the maps again. I don't know how to delete the maps. I deleted my save data for the game, and then I downloaded and re-installed all the new maps, but nothing happened. Its there a map pack on-off switch somewhere?

The weird thing is I can play on all the maps in a Private Match if I want, and every once in a while, like once in every twenty matches, it'll let me play on Sanctuary or Black Box, but it won't let me play anything in the "Elite Playlist."

Anyone got any input?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

May 27, 14 at 3:51pm
BigDogson

Here is the solution and it worked out for me

Go to Portforward.com and follow the step by step procedure to open your ports so you can
play your DLC maps

Hope this helps

Dec 26, 13 at 4:42am
cosmin

quote Bootknife
So I called Playstation. Apparently if you download the drops from the Playstation Store on your PS3 home screen your PS3 will eventually dump the dlc. You must download all the content, like ALL the content, from the Store on the Multiplayer Menu. I don't know why this makes a difference, but it did.
because....ps...always works on part data packs like....part 1 install...part 2..*bleep* your ass..part 3...still ain't gonna work...and finally part 4...RIP ps:#

Dec 26, 13 at 4:42am
cosmin

quote Bootknife
So I called Playstation. Apparently if you download the drops from the Playstation Store on your PS3 home screen your PS3 will eventually dump the dlc. You must download all the content, like ALL the content, from the Store on the Multiplayer Menu. I don't know why this makes a difference, but it did.
because....ps...always works on part data packs like....part 1 install...part 2..*bleep* your ass..part 3...still ain't gonna work...and finally part 4...RIP ps

Feb 15, 13 at 1:59am
creativetype

I downloaded all the dlc maps sucessfully and can play them in private mode or in special ops, but they never come up in online play at all. I always play team deathmatch, as thats my best chance of getting a game with my connection, but LIBERATION, OVERWATCH, BLACK BOX, GETAWAY, EROSION, AGROUND, VORTEX, U-TURN and INTERSECTION never come up!!?? Why is this? I re-downloaded from the store, but some of those games arent available for download. And I think "I have the maps...theyre there in the consol else I wouldnt be able to play them at all. Is this caused by the patch people are talking about? why can I play some dlc and not others?

Jan 22, 13 at 5:46pm
GRUBSY26

Gday guys,

I sorta have a similar problem. Well...this was the closest thread i could find about my related problem. I've been playin MW3 for quite a while now. Never had a problem. Until 1 day, i decided to download all the new map contents. Everything works fine but...i seem to lag alot more. It's almost like i'm playing online with people on the other side of the world to me instead of Australia. I always had a good ping. Now its terrible. I use to connect to games really quickly. Now it takes forever.

Then it made me think...when i went to download these maps, there was an option to download a map seperately, or 'download all' . When i went to download a map pack, updates to a map, etc, i just downloaded all with everything i did. Is there a chance that may of stuffed up playing mw3 online for me now? Because i may of possibly downloaded all versions (e.g. english, german, french, etc) ?

I'd just like to be able to play the game again with a good ping. Australian servers of course. Feels like my settings hav changed

Any help would be much appreciated
Cheers,

Aug 07, 12 at 9:44am
darkfourge

maybe your eliet will expire soon you know those things expire

Aug 04, 12 at 7:31pm
IUSEthePM-9

quote Ajax
BTW, don't do what I did and assume you'd be fine just buying Collection 2.

It's impossible to get into a match because the game only puts me into lobbies with people who have the same DLC I have.

Which is noone in Australia, apparently.

Worth it for the two new faceoff maps, but I won't be able to play anything but them.
If you just turn the DLC off you still get into normal matches. The maps in that collection aren't THAT great tbh. Solid maps, but not my favourites. Oh and btw, since you use a shotgun most of the time you'll probably end up hating those maps, they are not at all shotgun maps. The only map on the DLC for the shotgun users is Piazza, Overwatch is you're good as well kind of works.

Aug 04, 12 at 3:27am
Ajax

BTW, don't do what I did and assume you'd be fine just buying Collection 2.

It's impossible to get into a match because the game only puts me into lobbies with people who have the same DLC I have.

Which is noone in Australia, apparently.

Worth it for the two new faceoff maps, but I won't be able to play anything but them.

Aug 03, 12 at 11:05pm
Horse

quote Mia
I think he meant you have to download ALL the content drops at once. I think.
The thing about downloading them from the store in-game is that unlike the PSN store, the downloads given to you from the in-game store are tailored for your specific version of the game.

All it takes is for one map to be for the wrong version and you won't be able to play the DLC playlist. If you simply download everything in-game, you shouldn't have a problem

Aug 03, 12 at 5:30pm
Miss Fortune

quote Horse
quote Bootknife
You must download all the content, like ALL the content, from the Store on the Multiplayer Menu. I don't know why this makes a difference, but it did.
Isn't that what I said though?

quote Horse
Have you downloaded ALL content drops? Just in case you did miss something, try going to the store from the multiplayer menu and seeing if you have dl'd it all.

I think he meant you have to download ALL the content drops at once. I think.