Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » FIFA Soccer 13 » Cutback Goals » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Hey!

Please read the FIFA 13 Rules and Guidelines before posting to ensure that your posts do not breach any of the existing sitewide or forum-specific rules and regulations.

Also, it is extremely beneficial to everyone if posts are easy to read and comprehend. Correct spelling and basic punctuation make posts seem less clustered and promotes a good image of the poster. Additionally, it is easier to get your point across if your post is easy to understand.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

AS Roma Brisbane Roar Australia MK Dons Elgin City Hibernian FC Barcelona Real Madrid Hellas Verona Lazio Liverpool FC Fluminense Some United Bloke Atalanta Bologna Partick Thistle Palermo Parma Napoli Torino Bromley AFC Bournemouth Arsenal Aston Villa Barnsley Birmingham Blackburn Rovers Blackpool Bolton Wanderers Bradford Brentford Burnley Cardiff City Charlton Athletic Chelsea Chesterfield Crewe Crystal Palace Derby County Everton Exeter Fulham Grimsby Hull City Ipswich Leeds United Leicester City Luton Town Manchester City Manchester United Middlesbrough FC Millwall Newcastle United Norwich Nottingham Forest Peterborough Portsmouth QPR Reading Rotherham United Sheffield United Sheffield Wednesday Southampton Southend United Stevenage Stoke City Swansea Tottenham Tranmere Rovers Watford West Bromwich Albion West Ham Wigan Wolves England FC United of Manchester Olympiakos Milan Fiorentina WC14 Algeria WC14 Argentina WC14 Australia Leighton Baines 3 Leighton Baines Leighton Baines 2 WC14 Belgium WC14 Bosnia and Herzegovina Borussia Dortmund WC14 Brazil Cagliari Catania Aberdeen Celtic Chester WC14 Chile Verona WC14 Ivory Coast WC14 Cameroon WC14 Colombia WC14 Costa Rica WC14 Croatia WC14 Ecuador WC14 England WC14 Spain WC14 France Genoa WC14 Germany WC14 Ghana WC14 Greece Heart of Midlothian WC14 Honduras Casillas Inter WC14 Iran WC14 Italy WC14 Japan Juventus WC14 South Korea Siena WC14 Mexico WC14 Holland WC14 Nigeria Lyon Pescara WC14 Portugal Rangers Real Salt Lake Rugby Town WC14 Russia Sunderland AFC Sampdoria WC14 Switzerland Totti 1 Totti 2 Udinese WC14 Uruguay WC14 USA Van Der Vaart

hideOriginal Post

Jul 29, 12 at 1:06pmJord22

Once upon the time, around Road To World Cup '98, they were the only way to score and never criticised...but we've come a long way since then.

Offline I just try to score good goals against the AI and against mates offline we usually agree beforehand whether they're allowed or not, but online is a bit of a grey area.

I try to avoid scoring them at all costs, I'll just shoot rather than cutback and like to play a game full of sportsmanship, unfortunately not all my opponents do. I rage any time someone scores one against me. In fact it puts me in a huff and I'll cut back or cut-in + finesse or do whatever it takes to score pretty much because by this stage the opponent is no longer a fellow Fifa player, they're the scum of the earth.

Though If the person plays like a twat with 50 fake rabons from kickoff it's fair game.

What's your opinion on cutback goals? Fair game or lynch-worthy?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 05, 12 at 1:09pm
ArwelT

quote Saints Fan
arwelt yeah I get your point it's just that you can't really get a defender to track the striker so he always seems to be free for the open goal. With throw ins you can manually move your player to mark them, but you can't mark with one guy and tackle with the other.
I know what you're saying. While I do think in some situations it's easy to avoid being in the situation to concede one of these goals, it can also be extremely hard to stop, especially when the opposition has Gervinho, Hernandez and Ashley Young as I recently found out on FIFA 12.

Sep 05, 12 at 1:05pm
Saints Fan

arwelt yeah I get your point it's just that you can't really get a defender to track the striker so he always seems to be free for the open goal. With throw ins you can manually move your player to mark them, but you can't mark with one guy and tackle with the other.

Sep 05, 12 at 12:45pm
ArwelT

quote Saints Fan
You said that anything could be considered cheap and basically said there was nothing wrong with cutbacks and then proceeded to say how standing in front of a player at a throw in is cheap. Isn't it logical to do what in football is considered marking? Isn't it logical to close down a shot with your keeper? Finesse shots are overpowered but not nearly as much as cutbacks, sweaty goals, tramps, whatever you call it. And you can do a longer throw in if you need to, just saying. You obviously have never had it when there is a guy slightly further away who you can reach if you put more power on it.
But in the same sense isn't it logical to pass to the unmarked player for an open goal? Personally I don't do cutbacks, I prefer the satisfaction of scoring past the keeper than with no keeper, will obviously score a rebound if it comes to it though.

Sep 03, 12 at 11:07am
Fifa13cheats

I like to score top quality goals on Fifa as well, because it feels better than just scoring the easy goals for the sake of it. When you score a top draw goal you feel like you have earnt it in some respects. I usually try and score over head kicks and bicycle kicks from crosses.

Sep 01, 12 at 6:41am
Suicide Messiah

I don't know what was up with the bloke I played, maybe he thought I was being sarcastic or something, with your guy you can put it down to him being a sore loser, but the lad I played won?

Sep 01, 12 at 6:11am
Guugley

quote C0N0RH_AFC
Bollocks, I'm a competitive player and I'd wager I have more fun winning games than someone 'having fun' losing all the time. Anyway, the good players who can actually defend don't get themselves into a position where the opponent can cut it back when through on goal, in my opinion.
No, that's why cutback goals are so annoying, no matter how good a defender you are there's very little you can do to stop them.

Edit: Suicide Messiah reminds me of this:

quote Guugley
Had the most fun I've had on this game last night, must have played about 20 games and won all of them (About 3/4 just quit when I went 5-0 up). Was using my Gold team at first but then switched to my Bronze. Best game of the lot was my very last, I played a guy who had a 4231 Spanigh Liga Adelente team, 0-0 after 90 minutes so we went to ET + pens. Harper scored for me in the 108th minute and that was all she wrote. The whole game was so tight though, me and the guy I was playing had such similar play styles. I sent him a message after it saying "fantastic game" or something to that effect and he sent me "pace tramp" hahaha.

Sep 01, 12 at 5:33am
C0N0RH_AFC

quote Saints Fan
CONORH_AFC you just seem like an arse tbh
Whatever. Like I say, I don't hack or send abusive messages, I just do a bit of harmless teasing now and then.

Aug 31, 12 at 10:26am
Saints Fan

CONORH_AFC you just seem like an arse tbh

Aug 30, 12 at 4:55pm
C0N0RH_AFC

quote Foquinha
when you've won as many games as I have online, winning becomes somewhat irrelevant; the mark of a good player is how they win. if the best method you have of scoring is cutbacks, then I feel sorry for you

it all comes back to respect for your opponent, which seemingly no one has, shame

>people will use any exploits/cheap tactics to win
>people will use glitches/hacks to win
>people will quit or go idle when losing
>people will try to injure your players when losing
>people will pass it around the back when winning (or even sometimes when losing)
>people will send you abusive messages if they lose
>people will send you abusive messages if they win
>people will try to scam you for players

what an amazing community, and I bet most of the people in this forum do at least one of the things listed above on a regular basis

There are few things that piss me off more than losing a fifa game. I only play to win, and the fact I'm a very good player means I win a high percentage of my games, which is my fun. I love mocking opponents and being arrogant, I really do, and reguarly use ott celebrations and send messages after a particularly satisfying win, most notably a 90th cutback goal or similar. Killer

I see it as harmless teasing, and I love hate mail which shows me I've rattled them.

However, people who pass it around the back to see out a win and hackers/scammers are a big no-no for me. I'm a legitimate player.

You may accuse me of taking it to seriously, but actually winning a close game or thrashing someone who thinks they're good, these are the moments I play fifa for.

edit - the messages I send generally aren't abusive, just a bit of wumming.

Aug 30, 12 at 8:57am
Saints Fan

Foquinha please don't generalise my age group and the fact I post in this forum. I don't do any of those things. I think I tried to injure players once when the guy kept scoring sweaty goals.