Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Animal Crossing: New Leaf » Online and "Cheating" » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.Looking to exchange friend codes and play online? There's a forum for that! Head over to the Wi-Fi & Friend Codes forum!
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Gracie Rudy KK Slider Poppy Present Tex Acorn Rotten Acorn Wallpaper Small Acorn Tangy Umbrella Goldie Stitches Apple Axe Tangy Beau Black Cosmos Black Roses Black Tulips Blue Pansies Blue Roses Bluebear Candy Cheri Cherries Chief Coconut DJ KK Durian Pond Smelt Fishing Rod Fossil Gold Roses Golden Axe Golden Fishing Rod Golden Net Golden Shovel Golden Slingshot Golden Watering Can Pink Ribbon Sweets House Gracie Gyroid Bamboo Seed Mango Kicks Kiki Isabelle Purple Ribbon Leif Lemon Lychee Melba Bell Bag Net Tom Nook T and T Orange Cosmos Orange Pansies Orange Roses Orange Peach Pear Persimmon Pink Cosmos Pink Roses Pink Tulips Pitfall Seed Pudge Purple Pansies Purple Roses Purple Tulips Party Popper Red Cosmos Red Pansies Red Roses Red Snapper Red Tulips Redd Reese Leaf Shirt Shovel Skye Slingshot Perfect Apple Cherry Watering Can White Cosmos White Pansies White Roses White Tulips Wolfgang Lobo Yellow Cosmos Yellow Pansies Yellow Roses Yellow Tulips Large Acorn

hideOriginal Post

Jul 28, 12 at 5:36pmJustin

With the introduction of WiFi and the interactions of others throughout the world, Animal Crossing suddenly became very easy to "complete" (used lightly because Animal Crossing Fans know there's no true ending to the series).

With others, the ability to clone and receive other items and information made actually spending time in otherwise working to get it extremely easier. Before I was introduced to online play, my town was no where near the status it achieved once introduced. I was able to obtain items that would have otherwise cost me hours upon hours of game play, or items I flat out would never have even been capable of obtaining had the online ability of hacking and cloning not been readily available.

My question is how you feel about the capabilities of "cloning" items and being able to hack via Home Brew or whatever device you have. Personally, I think the readily available resources became quite fun, as hacked towns and cloning made making my town much easier and enjoyable to do. On the other hand, I think the resources also cut down my game play time substantially, making what would otherwise be hours of selling *item* into simply cloning bags of bells. I'm kind of torn here and, if given the opportunity to either keep or strip it in AC:3DS, not sure what'd I do.

How do you all feel about this? :3

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jun 14, 13 at 1:14pm
jschong93

I expect some people to cheat since it does add an element to the game that makes it unique from people who don't cheat. Although I'm not in favour of it, I don't mind the idea of it. That said, I don't personally want to cheat. It gets rid of the sense of achievement when finally completing a collection or paying off that insane expansion loan the way it was intended.

Online play in general is great though, since it helps to develop key social skills and makes the game all that more enjoyable. I love how I can't find some fruits anywhere else except through other players, forcing me to come out of my comfort zone and make some new friends. If I come across someone offering a cheat, I'll politely decline and go along my way playing the way I want to. Ultimately, you decide what makes the game fun for you.

Jun 14, 13 at 1:02pm
Anonymous Guest

Honestly, I think that Animal Crossing is a game about finding what you want to do. If you love fishing, then fish. If you love catching bugs, then catch bugs. If you love cheating, then cheat. I think people just need to find their happiness in Animal Crossing, whether playing legit or not. Ultimately, having fun is why you bought the game, is it not? What would be the purpose of the game if you played it and beat it legit without having any fun? None. Unless, it helped you grow as a person.

Aug 08, 12 at 1:30pm
Phi

I frown upon cheating in most games but this disapproment (I know it's not a word) is multiplied by a million for AC. Cheating in AC completely destroys the game because it's all about your life and the journey to achieving things. I go online but that's different because it;s fun with friends. Automatically having full furniture sets and the largest house is fun for a second until you realise you've achieved your goals but without the feeling of achievement.

Aug 01, 12 at 9:58pm
Midnight

All my achievements on my AC:WW are not involved in cheating n stuff. For me, it doesn't really feel like an achievement if I cheat my way through.
I don't mind people who cheat tbh, I don't really see anything wrong with it. After I got wifi some people used cheats to get me some pretty cool items and tons of money. Which I think is pretty nice of them. ^.^

Jul 31, 12 at 11:47am
Mew

Now now, no need to be so strictly against cheating. I'm with Fluidity , I used AR in Wild World after I accomplished everything I wanted to and was starting to get bored. Welllll AR screwed up my Wild World xD However I did the same with City Folk, and I hack my town layout to make it much more fun for wi-fi hangouts. I've discovered quite a few things, like anyone can walk on the border or in the ocean if you place buildings in a certain place. Hacks for me were about creativity, not just so I could say, "Look at me, I have over a billion bells and I'm so rich this took me years, all of you fail in comparison! Muahahaha!" (Though it was funny for awhile )

In AC:3DS, after I've done all it's worth and start to get bored, I may investigate in some cheats to change my layout, to make it more fun over wifi. (I'm ESPECIALLY excited if this is possible, because there's an island and city and huge streetpass place) Who knows what random things you'll find ^^

Jul 31, 12 at 7:27am
Foxface

If anyone tries to hack in my town, I'll be deleting their friend code and probably never speaking to them again. I hate hacking in Animal Crossing, it's just so cheap if you're doing it for money. Yeah, if you're doing it for fun then why not. But I am so against getting free bells by hacking and stuff.

Jul 31, 12 at 3:20am
Squiggle

Well, I've never been online, nor have I 'hacked'. But really, you get no sense of achievement if you hack. I mean, I've achieved so much with my games (almost full museums, paying off mortgages, achieving perfect town status, etc.) and I've done it all legitimately.

On the other hand, if you're 'hacking' to have a bit of a fool around with stuff (like walking in water or something), I wouldn't be against it.

Jul 29, 12 at 7:47pm
Carole

I enjoy the solitude of playing ACCF alone. Nobody ever has been, or will be, in my town. I won't even allow my beloved, grown daughter to visit me on Animal Crossing. Guess I am weird that way!

I don't want an easy way to get stuff. In fact, I often restart the game, just to explore a town with new terrain. I did again this afternoon. I like that.

Jul 29, 12 at 7:01pm
Fluidity

quote Vermillion
As long as you are not ruining other people's games, I don't care about what you do.
Cheating and hacking with malicious intent are two totally different things imo. I hope they somehow make it so that people can't harm other towns in this game regardless of what cheating device they use. :/

Jul 29, 12 at 6:37pm
Arietta

Cheating has always been frowned upon, at least in AC:WW.

As long as you are not ruining other people's games, I don't care about what you do. Personally, I think that it can help the game last longer. Before I finally stopped playing AC:WW, I gave it more life by getting an Action Replay and doing all sorts of things to keep it alive, like speed hacks and the like. But it shouldn't be used to ruin people.

Personally, I wouldn't cheat to get infinite money, rare items (unless I'm doing a giveaway), but nothing wrong with making the game last a bit longer.