Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » New Super Mario Bros. 2 » And the Review Says... » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Count Bleck Mario Toad Baby Luigi Baby Mario Boo Ludwig Luigi Goomba Piranha Plant Fire Mario Luigi small mario Star Fire Flower Peach Toad Coin Block Cheep Cheep Donkey Kong Yoshi Spiny Blooper Buzzy Beetle Bullet Bill Fawful Lakitu Paratroopa Classic Mushroom Poison Mushroom Daisy Poison Mushroom 2 Mushroom 1-Up Boo King Boo Luma Bowser Rosalina Paper Luigi Yoshi

hideOriginal Post

Jul 28, 12 at 9:15amVirtue

Indirect Source

For those who didn't click the link, Famitsu just release a review of New Super Mario Bros. 2. All four reviewers gave it a 9 out of 10, which certainly speaks for itself. Also helps that the magazine is incredibly respectable in Japan.

Think it's going to be that high in your opinion, perhaps a straight 10? To me, this confirms just how new the game is going to be. I can't read the review of course, but the score says enough.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 04, 12 at 2:55pm
John234MKWii

Yeah, maybe IGN wanted this game to be most of time, suitable for 3D like 3D Land. Or they just see it in a different way.

Aug 04, 12 at 4:07am
Gotenks

I don't see a problem with the graphics of this game either but I understand them when they said the rating does go down a bit because there's no 3D since these are suppose to be 3D games even if Nintendo is trying to shy away from that.

Anyways daily review check. The score is still 79 and IGN was the only new review so we don't have anymore to post today!

Aug 03, 12 at 11:40pm
John234MKWii

quote Kokoro
quote John234MKWii
quote Kokoro
quote Sigma
    That's not that great, to be honest. Is there a review up on IGN yet? I know they're pretty tough with their reviews.

They gave the original New Super Mario Bros. game on the DS a 9.5/10. I can only assume it''ll the same or very similar with this game.

No, I don't think IGN would give NSMB a 9.5 unless the game was really good from their point of view. I don't think it was that good. If I was IGN, I'd give NSMB a 7-8/10. And I think NSMB2 is going to be better.

What are you talking about? They did give the original NSMB a 9.5. Just check their review on it. And now I see they gave NSMB2 an 8.5.

Yeah, I know that IGN gave NSMB a 9.5, I was just saying the rating could've been lower because it wasn't that good of a game.

Aug 03, 12 at 11:35pm
Kokoro

quote John234MKWii
quote Kokoro
quote Sigma
    That's not that great, to be honest. Is there a review up on IGN yet? I know they're pretty tough with their reviews.

They gave the original New Super Mario Bros. game on the DS a 9.5/10. I can only assume it''ll the same or very similar with this game.

No, I don't think IGN would give NSMB a 9.5 unless the game was really good from their point of view. I don't think it was that good. If I was IGN, I'd give NSMB a 7-8/10. And I think NSMB2 is going to be better.
What are you talking about? They did give the original NSMB a 9.5. Just check their review on it. And now I see they gave NSMB2 an 8.5.

Aug 03, 12 at 8:42pm
John234MKWii

quote Virtue
Well Gotenks, IGN provided a rational review, for once.

The negative reception about the graphics confused me as well. I mean, I can't see how anyone can expect these beautiful visuals for a side scrolling game based off of the classics. The screens look fine to me, and Nintendo is pretty notorious for posting some awful looking screen shots while games are in development.

Yeah, I wonder why IGN would make the graphics a negative.

Aug 03, 12 at 8:37pm
Virtue

Well Gotenks, IGN provided a rational review, for once.

The negative reception about the graphics confused me as well. I mean, I can't see how anyone can expect these beautiful visuals for a side scrolling game based off of the classics. The screens look fine to me, and Nintendo is pretty notorious for posting some awful looking screen shots while games are in development.

Aug 03, 12 at 3:12pm
John234MKWii

I agree with IGN on everything except the graphics which they talked about, wasn't that good. I think the graphics on the 3DS are fantastic, and I hope this game's graphics will show the same. I agree totally on the colourful backgrounds, colourful hills sort of thing. It just makes the game a whole lot more colourful. I also agree about the sounds, they changed the 1-UP theme a little. but the downside is there are "bahs" even in the castle theme, so get ready to be annoyed in castles. Also, I agree that the music needs to change. They're just remixed themes from NSMB and NSMBW. Lastly, I agree that NSMB2's gameplay is going to be great. Collecting the 1,000,000 coins will keep you occupied for hours.

Aug 03, 12 at 2:08pm
Gotenks

IGN Review

8.5/10

Which is a pretty good score. Basically the faults are stuff we have heard from other reviews.

Aug 03, 12 at 9:54am
canderson

I'll let Gotenks do the job of linking the IGN review. =P

The Gametrailers review is probably the best one I've read/watch.

Aug 03, 12 at 7:58am
Virtue

Not too bad! By the time a majority of views are put up, we'll see the Metacritic score rise somewhere in the 80's. Didn't know there were so many review sites out there, there's another 3 I've never heard of.