Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » New Super Mario Bros. 2 » NSMB2 "Possibly the Toughest Mario in Decades" » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Count Bleck Mario Toad Baby Luigi Baby Mario Boo Ludwig Luigi Mario MK8 Goomba Piranha Plant Fire Mario Luigi small mario Star Fire Flower Peach Toad Coin Block Cheep Cheep Donkey Kong Yoshi Spiny Blooper Buzzy Beetle Bullet Bill Fawful Lakitu Paratroopa Classic Mushroom Poison Mushroom Daisy Poison Mushroom 2 Mushroom 1-Up Boo King Boo Luma Bowser Rosalina Paper Luigi Yoshi

hideOriginal Post

Jul 27, 12 at 11:10pmFluidity

I saw the thread that mentioned that NSMB2 will be "unusual", but according to an article on gamesradar.com, it's also going to be a tough one.

quote gamesradar
In the current generation of platformers, games like Super Meat Boy and Spelunky challenge players like never before, while the granddaddies of the 2D genre seem to be easing up on players. For example, Mario titles like the New Super Mario Bros series are made more for family fun, not speed runs. Recent 3D Marios had their tough stages, but few Mario veterans felt all that challenged by titles like New Super Mario Bros Wii. So imagine our surprise playing New Super Mario Bros 2 and feeling truly tested by a title that made high scores and speed runs fun in a whole new way.
Read the full preview article here.

Your thoughts? I've been avoiding platforming games such NSMB and 3D Land in fear of them being too quick/easy, so this is good news for me and makes it even more likely that I'll give this game a chance.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 08, 12 at 4:19am
John234MKWii

True, because I do agree NSMBW is the hardest NSMB game released, but it's personal preference.

Sep 08, 12 at 1:18am
Kokoro

Yes, I already implied that when I said "NSMB Wii is the hardest NSMB game so far, which really isn't saying much. The game is still pretty easy."

Sep 07, 12 at 2:40am
John234MKWii

Not as easy as this game. SMB:TLL was 10 times harder than this(You know, the All-Stars version of SMB2 Japan?)

Sep 07, 12 at 2:32am
Kokoro

NSMB Wii is the hardest NSMB game so far, which really isn't saying much. The game is still pretty easy.

Sep 07, 12 at 1:50am
John234MKWii

NSMBW imo was a tad bit harder than NSMB. Before the boss battle against Bowser in both games, they're both impossible to separate, but defeating Bowser in NSMBW is a lot harder than doing so in NSMB. But then again it's personal preference.

Sep 06, 12 at 2:42pm
Virtue

I think the first NSMB was a bit harder as well, possibly because it was quite a while since the last side scrolling Mario game. It just takes some getting used to more than anything. When you get rid of that I'd say it's tied.

Sep 06, 12 at 2:03am
Kokoro

I would say both games are almost equally as easy as each other, with the first NSMB game just being a tiny bit harder.

Sep 05, 12 at 2:14am
John234MKWii

Yeah, I even found bits of the first two levels of NSMB hard.

Sep 04, 12 at 11:55pm
Kokoro

Yeah, this is probably even easier than the first NSMB game, taking it's spot as the easiest Mario platformer game ever. Maybe that article was some form of false advertisement?

Sep 04, 12 at 10:41pm
John234MKWii

Well, seriously, this isn't what I expected. More like the easiest Mario in decades. Gamesradar must be really biased. But at least I have the game anyway.