Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » New Super Mario Bros. 2 » Buying at the store vs downloading it » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

hideOriginal Post

Jul 27, 12 at 6:10pmThrawn

So are you guys planing on downloading the game off the e-shop, or buying it at the store?

I thought about buying it at the store because it will take up less memory on my 3DS.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 05, 12 at 10:39pm
John234MKWii

It doesn't really make a difference whether you're with Club Nintendo or not. It's really just a club where they just update your games and stuff. But, anyways, I'm still buying it at the store.

Aug 05, 12 at 7:07pm
Charlie

quote Gotenks
quote NB
Plus if the 3DS's memory wiped out then yeah...

Games save to SD Card, not the 3DS. And if you have a Club Nintendo account, the game would be tied to your account and you could just redownload it. Second part is kind of a guess as no one has emailed Nintendo but it makes sense.
Oh really? Thanks for telling me that.

I think I have a Club Nintendo account....but I haven't been on it in like a year or two.

Aug 05, 12 at 6:57pm
Gotenks

quote NB
Plus if the 3DS's memory wiped out then yeah...

Games save to SD Card, not the 3DS. And if you have a Club Nintendo account, the game would be tied to your account and you could just redownload it. Second part is kind of a guess as no one has emailed Nintendo but it makes sense.

Aug 05, 12 at 4:59pm
Charlie

Like others said, when I get a 3DS and get game I want to save space/memory so I'm going to buy the game at the store. Plus if the 3DS's memory wiped out then yeah...

I'll always buy the store copy/physical copy rather than the digital copy. Unless it's an older game or something like Donkey Kong or eShop only game or whatever.

Aug 05, 12 at 11:40am
Dreameater5

if i was able to get to a physical copy, i would.

though, im not sure.

Jul 31, 12 at 10:59pm
John234MKWii

Even though it's saved to your SD Card I'm still buying the physical copy. I always do and I always will.

Jul 31, 12 at 7:31pm
Virtue

The SD card does make a bit less troublesome, though I can't help but disregard downloading new releases. I hope this doesn't become a constant theme for Nintendo. I can't but worry that a few years from now, we won't really have a choice when it comes to physical copies VS. downloads. I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but it seems to me like the quality of the cartridges is on the decline. (Very short manual, thin material, etc.)

Jul 31, 12 at 5:45pm
Thrawn

quote Gotenks
It's saved to your SD Card.
That does take the sting off but I will still be buying a copy.

Jul 31, 12 at 12:47am
John234MKWii

Thanks, Gotenks. I'm still buying the physical copy.

Jul 31, 12 at 12:44am
Gotenks

It's saved to your SD Card.