Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » League of Legends » Diana » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

AD Carry Mage Jungler Support Top Lane

hideOriginal Post

Jul 26, 12 at 12:37pmTiger go Meow

The Revealed Splash Art and Kit are here~

quote League Site
Not all creatures of the night are the sort that lurk in the shadows. A select few leap headlong into the fray, leaving enemies begging for sunshine. Shunned by the people of the sun, Diana turned in isolation to the cold power of the moon’s glow. She hurls herself into the heat of the fight, wielding her crescent blade and unleashing lunar energy with merciless ferocity. If you’re awed by the darkness of the night, but never one to hide in the shadows, you’re sure to be drawn to this knight of the moon and her relentless pursuit of vengeance.
So, an anti-Leona? There's no peaks at her kit, or what she's intended to be like. I think - looking through the related thread in the League forums - she is designed by the same person behind Draven.

Now I regret caving and getting Zyra and not just saving up for Diana. Time to start up that IP grind again...

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 07, 13 at 5:48pm
ShadowCrystallux

I wouldn't bring Hybrid Pen marks on any melee mage really, purely because the majority of the time, you aren't going to be in range to make effective use of the Armor Pen side of the Hybrid. Meanwhile, ranged mages can get a lot of auto-attacks in during lane with little to no risk, and minor reward that stacks up if you can avoid minion harass back.

Aug 07, 13 at 1:00pm
Inuyasha

quote BluAnimal
I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this one.

Hybrid penetration marks give you a ton of armor pen. While only losing out 2.3 magic pen. The armor pen. Makes her trades when you E an opponent just a bit more powerful as well as easier farming in lane. It doesn't seem like a big difference but the little bit of armor pen. Can help.
It isn't a big difference, once again, because you aren't auto attacking much at all. The standard all-in on Diana is to get your moonsilver proc ready on minions, then jump onto the enemy. You aren't making the arpen do much, and even though it may hurt a bit, that 2.3 magic pen will be effective on every spell you have.

Mpen is also invaluable if you don't run Sorc shoes on Diana, which most often times I do not. Merc Treads should be more standard on her than Sorc's unless against a team with low CC.

If you're getting more than 3 auto attacks off on your target before they die or the duel ends, you are either out of mana or fighting a tank in which case you need all the more mpen for.

Aug 07, 13 at 12:29pm
Al The Killer

I'd say that Hybrid Pen is pretty good on mages in general. Autoattack harass adds up alot early game, especially on champs like Kayle, Diana, and Kennen.

Also, I have a pretty good opinion about this champion. She's fun, but really kinda autopilot, like Akali or Ryze.

Aug 07, 13 at 12:13pm
BluAnimal

I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this one.

Hybrid penetration marks give you a ton of armor pen. While only losing out 2.3 magic pen. The armor pen. Makes her trades when you E an opponent just a bit more powerful as well as easier farming in lane. It doesn't seem like a big difference but the little bit of armor pen. Can help. This is just for mid lane, on top lane I wouldn't go anything besides hybrid pen, you're auto attacking way too much to pass them up. If you're against a melee champion there really isn't a reason to skip out on hybrid pen.

As for the leveling, Q is better in mid lane while W is better (for 2 ranks, max) in the top lane because you can actually utilize the shield. Q in the top lane is way too expensive for trading early on since most bruisers are MR heavy.

That's just my two cents. I've only played her <100 games and primarily top lane while Inuyasha mains her.

Aug 07, 13 at 12:04pm
Inuyasha

Not sure why you'd run Hybrid pen reds over full Magic pen reds. You need to auto-attack to proc your Moonsilver Blade, but the bonus damage is still magic damage, and nothing else in her kit is physical. Stick with Mpen reds. I read his lvl 4 tactic and it's really not worth it, unless you're against another melee opponent who you can always hit with your shield. Level Q first all the time, put an early 2nd point in your shield if you think you'll need more sustain early.

Everything else is fine. Movespeed Quints are the only other thing I'd object to. AP Quints are better, you don't need the extra bit of movespeed on Diana, she has dashes and a huge slow, a bit of extra movement speed isn't going to make much of a difference.

Aug 07, 13 at 10:14am
BluAnimal

I run the same rune set on her and I use the same level pattern in the top lane since her Q is really mana expensive early game for the damage it deals. I still end up maxing Q but if you use your shield and passive well you can dominate a lot of top laners who don't expect her melee burst.

Aug 07, 13 at 10:11am
Rune Ripper

In the Champion Discussion of the Day post on reddit, it was Diana's turn. I was particularly interested in this post since I'm looking to play more Diana. A snippet of his advice for runes got my attention:
Alternatively: (Heavy IP cost though)
Hybrid Pen Reds
Armour Yellows
Magic Resist Blues
Movement Speed Quintessences

This offers a stronger lane bully, in the early levels if you open with W>E>W and then max Q after you can really be a surprisingly large threat in the 1-4 stage that Diana is usually thought to lack in catching opponents offguard and heavily outtrading them to gain an advantage in lane if your opponent slips up and gives you a chance to get in close enough to use your Shield on them and land your Slow giving you enough time to proc your passive.
Do you run anything like this Inuyasha? Or anyone else who plays alot of Diana, for that matter. Seems interesting. Would really require an aggressive start to assert dominance or you could end up pushed off of farm and unable to do anything if you max Q so late. High-risk, high reward it seems.

Mar 03, 13 at 1:26pm
Inuyasha

quote Rune Ripper
You'd never tried it before? Me and a friend were discussing it a little while before Scarra it, I think it really benefits jungle Diana over mid Diana, clearing camps becomes a mana-free situation when you get it and can proc the passive so much quicker.

For mid Diana, it still works, it optimises your damage when you're waiting on cooldowns, sure you might blow up that ADC in one combo, but then you'll AA someone else while waiting on cooldowns, right? I think you'll be able to proc your passive twice per Q (IIRC I was at 1.29 attack speed with it), that's something like 300 damage plus whatever the additional magic damage is per proc.
On the contrary.

While it will let you clear camps fast, jungle Diana absolutely requires her to build tanky, due to jungle being the role of bruiser/tank. If your mid lane is a Galio or something that isn't squishy then you could probably get away with NT, but if it's a regular, squishy mid, if you build NT on DIana jungle, you're going to get eaten in teamfights, because you're part of the front line.

I've tried NT a few times, going Abyssal>NT>Zhonya's, and here's my solo que analysis:

It's not better than building tanky. Scarra had a team that knew what they were doing and in almost every fight (I've watched it more than once, take my word for this), he delayed himself jumping into the fight. Why? Because if he didn't, he'd get destroyed.

I think that if you had a team built around Diana (J4 jungle, Singed top, people who also go all-in and can disrupt the enemy carry), then Nashor's would be amazing because you could constantly stick to your target and actually get all those proc's off. With 4 pubstars and you being the only one who goes in as hard as you do, it's not going to be as effective.

Another observation I noticed is that Scarra (and a few of the other teams who played her and got NT), did not land her Q on the ADC's, and had to resort to attacking the front line for a while before it was back up. In that case, I think NT would be an effective increase to your DPS. I'd also urge you to learn how to hit your Q's, but everyone misses once and a while.

Mar 03, 13 at 8:59am
Vicarious

Hehe yeah it was just trial run thing. I'm gonna throw out the malady and get an abyssal scepter instead. I had actually purchased one but sold it because I was having too much fun raising her AS xD.

Going to keep the NT on my build though. I think her passive makes attack speed suit her so well. I was clearing minions and doing so much damage every third strike.

Mar 03, 13 at 8:35am
Rune Ripper

quote Inuyasha
Scarra got Nashor's Tooth on Diana....

Blew my mind.

My friend convinced me that it was absolutely viable, but to get more than one of her passive proc's off on the ADC in a teamfight is pretty hard, and I'd like to hear Scarra's thoughts on it.

Scarra's going to answer some questions on the Dignitas forum and I think it was because I was spamming their facebook and twitter feed's asking why he built it.

You'd never tried it before? Me and a friend were discussing it a little while before Scarra it, I think it really benefits jungle Diana over mid Diana, clearing camps becomes a mana-free situation when you get it and can proc the passive so much quicker.

For mid Diana, it still works, it optimises your damage when you're waiting on cooldowns, sure you might blow up that ADC in one combo, but then you'll AA someone else while waiting on cooldowns, right? I think you'll be able to proc your passive twice per Q (IIRC I was at 1.29 attack speed with it), that's something like 300 damage plus whatever the additional magic damage is per proc.

Definitely wouldn't build a Malady Vicarious, Abyssal Scepter is a good first item if you're against another AP in mid so you'll not suffer so much if you go all in. I find farming with Diana tedious if against a ranged champion until you get a bit beefier, I love picking Diana against mids like Kassadin and Akali though.