Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Phantasy Star Online 2 » Hacks and the like.. » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jul 26, 12 at 8:10amMiller

I'm holding off till the EU release to play the game unlike PSU where I got on JP release, within a week or two there were already quite a few hacks (Hacks as general term, exploiting etc)

What is the situation like at the moment for you JP players? I have recurring nightmares of getting NOLed on PSO...

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 02, 12 at 9:15pm
Miller

Good, hopefully Sega Team have learnt thier lessons since PSU.. It is a wonder anyone played PSO with the double save bug and all the Action replay(Blast from the past!) codes..

Jul 30, 12 at 12:54pm
Aerotrunks

So far I haven't seen anything as bad as NOL, PKing, or FSOD.The "hacks" that you may have read about so far were people moving the NPCs around the blocks and making them generally inaccessible/unreachable. Not exactly game breaking, but it certainly was annoying.However it is also incredibly easy to just move to another block on the ship where the NPCs weren't tampered with. To be short I haven't had any problems with hacks or exploits so far and I've been playing exclusively on Ship 2 since the start of the open beta.

Jul 27, 12 at 1:43pm
Miller

quote Sonic Flash
[color=#27408b][size=1]It wasn't the playerbase you needed to worry about in PSO, it was being FSODed and losing all your stuff.
That was usually people with gamesharks casing the FSODs and NOLing etc.

Jul 27, 12 at 7:59am
Sonic Flash

It wasn't the playerbase you needed to worry about in PSO, it was being FSODed and losing all your stuff.

Unless they finally come out with an english patch I'll unfortunately hold off as well. It's perhaps simple enough to guess your way through, but occasionally in RPGs I like to read things.

Jul 26, 12 at 11:47am
Miller

I imgine with the MicroTrans Sega will be beefing up security 10 fold compared to PSU.. I don;t want things from my shop/room ebing stolen if I pay real money for them..

Jul 26, 12 at 10:47am
Tiger go Meow

Even in Closed Beta there were a ton of english players discussing hacking and exploiting the data in Ship 2 Block 20. In fact it's this reason Sega Japan doesn't really like the American player base all that much...

According to them the English market is more full of cheaters, and hacks than their own. I don't know how true this honestly is, of course.

I can't tell you what the Japanese players were like on PSO2 since I couldn't really talk with them at length. Just know a lot of the english players I met were very...asshole-ish and narrow minded.

Jul 26, 12 at 8:10am
Miller

I'm holding off till the EU release to play the game unlike PSU where I got on JP release, within a week or two there were already quite a few hacks (Hacks as general term, exploiting etc)

What is the situation like at the moment for you JP players? I have recurring nightmares of getting NOLed on PSO...