Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Grand Theft Auto V » Crushin' Dreams. » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

GTA III GTA V GTA IV GTA San Andreas Chop Franklin GTA Vice City Michael Michael Trevor

hideOriginal Post

Jul 24, 12 at 6:09amKR_1250

If you dont like Negative speculation then please just leave.

So, far from the typical thread full of positive imagination and hopeful speculation this thread aims to sprinkle a little 'skeptical realism' on GTAV.

What major dissapointments do you forsee? What do you predict will dissapoint you personally? What do you predict will let down the community in general? How accurate do you think your predictions are? Basically post anything you like about ways you think R* could or will let us down.

Dont be scared to be a total downer in this thread, the rest of this forum is there to tackle any positive idea's. But please do bugger off if you just want to argue. I will start:

1: Personally i will be morbidly dissapointed if there are no car modifications, or if there is half arsed crap car mods like colours and nitro's only. I give this a surprisingly high chance of being left out. I think its 50/50 that we will get decent well thought out and well implemented car mods.

2: I will also be dissapointed if there is no Speedometer, and no OPTIONAL 1st person cockpit view whilst driving. I think its pretty much a 99% certainty that this will be left out... again.

3: Im pretty certain that the annoying over active driver aids and auto only gearboxes will remain. I think this is 99% certain.

4: I'd f***ing f***ing f***ing love an OPTIONAL 1st person view for combat and on foot navigation aswell. But i give this a 99% chance of not being included also.

5: I still think we will have various old problems which have haunted every game in the modern series. All cars just dissapearing, 20 of the same car all spawning at once, old ladies who can barely walk riding superbikes... etc etc etc. I give this a 99% chance of still being a problem. this will only bother me if the rest of my predictions are true.

6: It will be released no earlier than May 2013. I think this is 99% probable.

I think the community including myself are expecting way too much from this game. R* had better know what a monumental task they have set themselves, and they had better realise we fans have a right to these expectations having waited so many years, sat through a mediocre GTAIV and been treated like arseholes since the 1st GTAV trailer to be honest.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 09, 12 at 3:35am
Animatrix

I hope they let us control a giant mechanical teddy bear equipped with missiles and mini guns.

And it stomps around smashing cars and citizens alike while shouting child-friendly phrases like: "Hug me!" and "Let's be best friends!"

:'3

Aug 01, 12 at 11:54pm
KR_1250

quote Master
Reminds me of that SA mission where it tells you that you can hide in the shadows, and makes it sound like you can do it outside of the mission to avoid cops, but it NEVER shows up again. It's like they get over-ambitious and then abandon some things as soon as they start them.
Yeah thats exactly what im talking about. Just done that mission last week where you steal Mad Doggs rhymes. Worst thing is its always the coolest abilities they do it with.

I was playing through SA again recently and played a mission i had completely forgotten about. It is early on in San Fierro and basically you have to steal a womans sports car. To do this you are given a car, an Alpha i think, which has been equipped with a stinger dispenser. It was bloody brilliant, it sent cars flipping and rolling off of the freeway. I purposfully failed and reloaded the mission just to use it. Its hillarious. So dissapointed that you cant fit your own cars with one. I also alway hated how you could fire AK-47's and even RPG's from cars whilst on missions but again this was impossible during freeroam.

And another thing i'd like to see. During every GTA game most missions start like this:

Load game -> Steal car -> Drive to mission -> Watch Cutscene -> "Hey Nicko, CJ, Tommy, you drive"

How good would it be if as you worked your way up through the criminal heirarchy you could tell the NPC to drive instead, much like the taxi driving system in GTAIV ? And not just during missions. As you progressed you could even just hire a driver. Would be sweet. I loved just sitting in a taxi in GTAIV watching the city go by. With the GTAV map it could be amazing, even just with the taxi's. I also loved shooting at cops from the cab and getting a chase. Awesome fun.

Question: In GTAV do you think you'll be able to sit on the east coast of L.S say, set a waypoint on the top of Mt Chilliad and have the taxi drive there ? That could be pretty funny.

Aug 01, 12 at 1:07pm
Master

Yeah, I agree... even TBoGT had one of those sky-cranes that ONLY shows up in the ONE mission.

Reminds me of that SA mission where it tells you that you can hide in the shadows, and makes it sound like you can do it outside of the mission to avoid cops, but it NEVER shows up again. It's like they get over-ambitious and then abandon some things as soon as they start them.

Aug 01, 12 at 1:56am
KR_1250

Another annoying thing i BET we will see again.

GTA Games have had a bad habit of introducing us to aspects and abilities during missions which we dont actually get during the game. Dogs during cutscenes, Skcrane chopper in GTA:SA, Walking on top of trains in GTA:TBGT etc etc. I hope they have learned that we want to use our abilities EVERYWHERE. Not just when the plot dictates that its required.

I give it about a 90% chance that R* will STILL do this.

"AWW Sweet, i can airlift cars in a tranport plane.... once"
"YAY, i can drive a flying motorbike... on that mission"
"HOORAY! We can scuba dive a wrecked submarine... at the moment"

Jul 30, 12 at 11:38pm
KR_1250

quote Master
It could easily turn the thread from 'man I hope they don't leave out car mods' to 'YAH SCREW ROCKSTAR IV SUX'.

Does that make sense?
Ehh, sort of.

I shall refrain from insults.

Jul 30, 12 at 8:41am
Master

quote KR_1250
I dont feel bad for being negative though, infact I fail to see a problem. If someone doesnt like it they dont have to post, as you said many are not. I seriosuly dont see a problem with negative specualtion
I didn't say you couldn't have negative speculation or that there was anything wrong with it, I said tone it down and stay civilized. Turning to attacking Rockstar with such comments as "We are too big, and too succesful to give a *bleep* about you measly fans" is unnecessary and doesn't add anything to your points or speculations, regardless of if they themselves will read it or not. It could easily turn the thread from 'man I hope they don't leave out car mods' to 'YAH SCREW ROCKSTAR IV SUX'.

Does that make sense?

Jul 30, 12 at 12:16am
KR_1250

quote Master
Most of these are things that will obviously not show up in the game, so I'm not sure how it'll still end up disappointing anyone if they know it won't happen.

The other half are technical issues that have been present since III, and again, I don't see how those will suddenly disappoint anyone if they're common knowledge.
Well there are two ways to look at this. 1: These problems always existed so whats the big deal? Or 2: Isnt it pathetic that we are so many games in and still seeing these problems? With development times now verging on decades and with companies constantly pushing this "Groundbreaking gameplay" and "next generation in gaming" buzz talk down our throats i dont think thats too much to ask. Game companies love to blow their own trumpets. So i can have photo realistic graphics and a game area of thousands of square metres but i have to stand about here waiting whilst the overpushed but suposedly revolutionary game engine struggles to load a scooter? Fair enough.

You gotta be careful with 'let's talk about how much the game is going to disappoint us when we don't know what's actually in the game' threads. It's only lasted this long because there are only 4 people posting in the forum. So I'll just say it straight up - tone down the 'let's be negative' thing... just because other forums feel like being negative, doesn't mean we should start. Talk about 'what you'd like to see but probably won't', but ya know, civilized.
Agree'd, i dont know what will be in the game, thats why im saying things like "potentialy" and "what do you think". I seriously hope R* prove me wrong on all the points im making here. I'd be more than happy if they did. I dont feel bad for being negative though, infact I fail to see a problem. If someone doesnt like it they dont have to post, as you said many are not. I seriosuly dont see a problem with negative specualtion unless ofcourse you think R* are gonna see this thread, take it to heart and cancel the game. Or unless the mods say its against the forum rules.

Starting to attack Rockstar is an example of it already going too far. They've already had a Q&A explaining that they're not ignoring fans on purpose, they just want to avoid disinformation. They've always been talkative during the development of the games, and THAT has lead to disappointments itself because things get changed or removed. They gave us those new screenshots to confirm that they know we're starved of information, and they're working on it.
Again i am just not impressed with that. I dont actually believe it. In my opinion R* had GTAV at a more mature state of development when they showed the 2nd trailer and in the mean time something has happened which delaye the game massively and they havnt let on. Was it a financial problem? Max Paynes mediocre reception? Who knows. All i do know is i dont think R* have been honest. Its just a case of wither an individual believes them or not. I mean its obvious that R* are not being 100% accurate. "We want to wait until we can release 100% accurate information" So R* have basically decided on NOTHING then. NOTHING is solid enough to release ANY information on AT ALL ? You believe that if you like, im a bit more skepticaly minded unfortunately. As i said i think they did have alot of it sorted and have went back to the drawing board without stating it publicly. I also think they know how much interest they are generating by staying quiet. I am completely unconvinced that R* are just making sure they "dont hurt our feelings" with inaccurate information. It doesnt even sound mildly convincing. All they are doing is generating a rumour mill which is going out of all proportion. They are in danger of getting our hopes up by NOT providing accurate information, NOT denying rumours and NOT confirming gameplay dynamics.

And on a final note, at this stage of the game with f**k all info from R*, no concrete information, no release date info or screenshots or a 3rd trailer... what is left to talk about? The forum has gone totally stale as there is not alot to say anymore without something to base it on. You say only 4 people are talking in here... a brief look at the front page shows most topics have 0 responses.

Jul 26, 12 at 9:03pm
Chelskiman

I'm actually easily pleased, so I just know I'm going to love this game. I guess I'm not hardcore GTA fans like a lot of you, but I just enjoy the game for what it is. I don't think I've ever really been annoyed playing any GTA game. The only thing annoying me about GTAV right now is the fact I want to be playing it, lol.

Jul 25, 12 at 3:12pm
Tenklis

I will be let down if..

There is only 1 city, and some country space. Which is what im expecting but i hope they make the country space really big and not just a mountain / some field / a beach. It would just be really cool to get the 3 citys like SA.. but a little hard to ask for possibly.

No controllable helicopters/planes. And if we get those hopefully we get to parachute.

There isnt a ton of car mods. They better go heavy on the car mods.

RPG elements, gun skill/muscle/stamina/bike and stuff It's just a nice feature to increase stats while playing a gta game. Not exactly needed but quite welcomed.

If its goes anywhere near the direction of saints row series.

if theres no jetpack

if there is no returning characters from the ps2 era.

If theres no good off roading.

No sasquatch or other hidden san andreas easter eggs

Thats probably it.

Jul 25, 12 at 12:03pm
Master

Most of these are things that will obviously not show up in the game, so I'm not sure how it'll still end up disappointing anyone if they know it won't happen.

The other half are technical issues that have been present since III, and again, I don't see how those will suddenly disappoint anyone if they're common knowledge.

You gotta be careful with 'let's talk about how much the game is going to disappoint us when we don't know what's actually in the game' threads. It's only lasted this long because there are only 4 people posting in the forum. So I'll just say it straight up - tone down the 'let's be negative' thing... just because other forums feel like being negative, doesn't mean we should start. Talk about 'what you'd like to see but probably won't', but ya know, civilized.

Starting to attack Rockstar is an example of it already going too far. They've already had a Q&A explaining that they're not ignoring fans on purpose, they just want to avoid disinformation. They've always been talkative during the development of the games, and THAT has lead to disappointments itself because things get changed or removed. They gave us those new screenshots to confirm that they know we're starved of information, and they're working on it.