Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Books & Literature » Looking for an action-adventure kind of book » Post Reply

REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Note to Guests: Welcome to the Books & Literature forum! Have a seat, stay a while.

hideOriginal Post

Jul 24, 12 at 5:20amcheatdude

Hey,

I need to read a book for next year's oral test, and I can't find a good book. I don't want to read Hunger Games or Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy or Harry Potter, or any other common and popular book.
I tried reading a book I have in my basement. Didn't like it - too much details about where the story takes place... I didn't get into the book as much as I do on the internet...

I don't want that book to be long (max 300 pages), I want some action, as much fantasy as possible. Sure it sounds childish, but I mean it.

I've always liked video game lores (Diablo, World of Warcraft, Fable, Halo, many more), yet I can't read any of their books to count for an oral test.

So which book do you recommend?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 28, 12 at 2:13am
cheatdude

I think I'll have a look at the Belgariad series!

Thanks allot guys!

Jul 26, 12 at 1:06pm
DeadLine

Belgariad series?

Jul 25, 12 at 10:14pm
Cheeseys

quote cheatdude
Thanks for the advice!
However, I seem to be more connected to medieval-like stories, rather than stories with a connection to our era. I also don't want the story to be sci-fi
How about Narnia?

Each book is around 200 pages, and take place in a setting that feels old fashioned.

Jul 25, 12 at 8:52am
cheatdude

Thanks for the advice!
However, I seem to be more connected to medieval-like stories, rather than stories with a connection to our era. I also don't want the story to be sci-fi

Jul 24, 12 at 6:51pm
Emaster MK

The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, I hear and read that it is pretty good series and well praised. It is like twilight, but more Vampire than shiny soft Edward.

Check it out:
http://www.vladtod.com

Jul 24, 12 at 5:20am
cheatdude

Hey,

I need to read a book for next year's oral test, and I can't find a good book. I don't want to read Hunger Games or Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy or Harry Potter, or any other common and popular book.
I tried reading a book I have in my basement. Didn't like it - too much details about where the story takes place... I didn't get into the book as much as I do on the internet...

I don't want that book to be long (max 300 pages), I want some action, as much fantasy as possible. Sure it sounds childish, but I mean it.

I've always liked video game lores (Diablo, World of Warcraft, Fable, Halo, many more), yet I can't read any of their books to count for an oral test.

So which book do you recommend?