Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » FIFA Soccer 13 » Career mode new features » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Hey!

Please read the FIFA 13 Rules and Guidelines before posting to ensure that your posts do not breach any of the existing sitewide or forum-specific rules and regulations.

Also, it is extremely beneficial to everyone if posts are easy to read and comprehend. Correct spelling and basic punctuation make posts seem less clustered and promotes a good image of the poster. Additionally, it is easier to get your point across if your post is easy to understand.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

AS Roma Brisbane Roar Australia MK Dons Elgin City Hibernian FC Barcelona Real Madrid Hellas Verona Lazio Liverpool FC Fluminense Some United Bloke Atalanta Bologna Partick Thistle Palermo Parma Napoli Torino Bromley AFC Bournemouth Arsenal Aston Villa Barnsley Birmingham Blackburn Rovers Blackpool Bolton Wanderers Bradford Brentford Burnley Cardiff City Charlton Athletic Chelsea Chesterfield Crewe Crystal Palace Derby County Everton Exeter Fulham Grimsby Hull City Ipswich Leeds United Leicester City Luton Town Manchester City Manchester United Middlesbrough FC Millwall Newcastle United Norwich Nottingham Forest Peterborough Portsmouth QPR Reading Rotherham United Sheffield United Sheffield Wednesday Southampton Southend United Stevenage Stoke City Swansea Tottenham Tranmere Rovers Watford West Bromwich Albion West Ham Wigan Wolves England FC United of Manchester Olympiakos Milan Fiorentina WC14 Algeria WC14 Argentina WC14 Australia Leighton Baines 3 Leighton Baines Leighton Baines 2 WC14 Belgium WC14 Bosnia and Herzegovina Borussia Dortmund WC14 Brazil Cagliari Catania Aberdeen Celtic Chester WC14 Chile Verona WC14 Ivory Coast WC14 Cameroon WC14 Colombia WC14 Costa Rica WC14 Croatia WC14 Ecuador WC14 England WC14 Spain WC14 France Genoa WC14 Germany WC14 Ghana WC14 Greece Heart of Midlothian WC14 Honduras Casillas Inter WC14 Iran WC14 Italy WC14 Japan Juventus WC14 South Korea Siena WC14 Mexico WC14 Holland WC14 Nigeria Lyon Pescara WC14 Portugal Rangers Real Salt Lake Rugby Town WC14 Russia Sunderland AFC Sampdoria WC14 Switzerland Totti 1 Totti 2 Udinese WC14 Uruguay WC14 USA Van Der Vaart

hideOriginal Post

Jul 23, 12 at 1:05amsUpErGiNi77

Here

Looks like Career mode is going to be a massive improvement to Fifa 12's career mode. International management and switching clubs halfway through a season are good ideas .

D3structor stanDRFC will love this.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 14, 12 at 6:54am
MrAppearingWand

quote Suicide Messiah
Whoever FSB are, they aren't exactly going to come out and say 'well it's just the same as FIFA 12 really' if they've been given the opportunity to play it early by EA are they?

Here's the list of new features.

FSB's (FIFA Soccer Blog) experience of the new career mode.

We're not judging it on a screenshot ^
Also why does it matter if the career mode menu is identical? It works, there's no flaws in it and there are a few new additions to it, covered in the new features I believe, but at the end of the day, if the menu's not broken, why fix it?

Aug 14, 12 at 6:19am
sUpErGiNi77

quote Suicide Messiah
Don't even get me started on the joke of a youth system that FIFA branded as an amazing addition to the mode, it's so flawed.

This is one of the only things I preferred about Master League, I agree, the furthest I developed a youth player was from 68 to 78 in about 5 seasons. This was due to them ruining player growth in a patch, it was actually ok beforehand.

quote Suicide Messiah
If you haven't noticed but the transfer system for Manager Mode is ridiculous. I've lost count of the amount of times I've bid say, £15m for a player, it's rejected for being too low of a sum, only to look at the transfers and see that the same player has just been sold for £7m to another team.
Yeah, Career mode had ridiculous transfers but so did Master League to a slightly lesser extent, I had Robben go to Barca from Bayern for a record breaking fee of 93m, Hummels join Chelsea for 65m and Neymar join me for 9m. Career mode had Ibra, Gervinho, Nani and Gomis join Stoke on my Swansea career but all of them bar Ibra left when they went down to the Championship.

We haven't seen everything that Fifa 13 will offer yet anyway like improvements on UT, H2H seasons and Pro Clubs.

Aug 14, 12 at 6:09am
MrAppearingWand

quote Suicide Messiah
the major addition for this year is being allowed in Europe. Big strides forward there.

I'm not being a knob or anything here, but I don't think you've read much about all the new career mode things if you think that's the only new 'big' feature. Have you not seen FSB's massively long list of all the new features of career mode?

quote PEStar
The same people who say FIFA 13 is a massive improvement are the people who say FIFA 12 was a massive improvement. It's FIFA 12 with new kits, boots and a new player on the cover

Again, I'm not trying to hate on you or insult anyone, but that's jumping the gun a tad. The only real info EA have released about FIFA 13 is the big list of career mode features and the new gameplay features. They haven't given us any info on any other game modes, such as h2h, UT etc. I'm also pretty sure that somewhere I saw an EA employee saying something about big changes for clubs.

All in all, you cannot slate FIFA 13 at all yet when they have only released info about gameplay and career mode and haven't even released a demo. Again, don't get angry at this, I'm only getting a point across, not trying to insult anyone.

Aug 14, 12 at 6:03am
Suicide Messiah

If you haven't noticed but the transfer system for Manager Mode is ridiculous. I've lost count of the amount of times I've bid say, £15m for a player, it's rejected for being too low of a sum, only to look at the transfers and see that the same player has just been sold for £7m to another team. What's going on there? I've also received outrageous fees for players that simply shouldn't happen. So they both have faults, but ML offers longevity and is far more in depth of a mode. Don't even get me started on the joke of a youth system that FIFA branded as an amazing addition to the mode, it's so flawed.

If you are judging the basis of a game on a screenshot of a menu then you need your head testing. Not just that, but it's virtually identical to the FIFA 12 interface. Skill games trailer might be a nice edition and all that, but it's a mini-game, and that's it. Whoever FSB are, they aren't exactly going to come out and say 'well it's just the same as FIFA 12 really' if they've been given the opportunity to play it early by EA are they? It won't be a massive improvement, it'll be similar to FIFA 12, the mechanics of shooting might be changed a bit so that it feels different, but it's basically the same game, with a few additions and tweaks to the same modes, a cosmetic refurbishment in terms of menus and modes, and that's it. And who's to blame them, because people will still buy it.

Aug 14, 12 at 5:43am
pestar93820

quote sUpErGiNi77
Hearing your players say 'Why are you not picking me? I dont see why I am not playing in the First team' every match is pathetic, transfer fees are way to high, as I got 20m for Friedal from Everton of all teams and 65m for Modric from Sevilla when I went as Tottenham on PES, the cutscenes were annoying aswell. Career mode were crap this year compared to Fifa 10 but it was still better then Master League.
Hearing your players say "Sorry boss I'd love to play every game but I'm a bit jaded" every week is pathetic. Transfer fees are too high? I got a £40m offer for Stewart Downing on FIFA 12! Stoke, Villa, Tottenham, Everton. What do these have in common? They're the teams who get taken over. Every. *bleep*ing. Time you start a Career Mode. Master League always has been and always will be far superior to any career mode EA make.

The same people who say FIFA 13 is a massive improvement are the people who say FIFA 12 was a massive improvement. It's FIFA 12 with new kits, boots and a new player on the cover.

Aug 14, 12 at 4:58am
sUpErGiNi77

quote Suicide Messiah
Career Mode is shoddy, and PES have major advantages in Master League over them in terms of a major game mode,
Hearing your players say 'Why are you not picking me? I dont see why I am not playing in the First team' every match is pathetic, transfer fees are way to high, as I got 20m for Friedal from Everton of all teams and 65m for Modric from Sevilla when I went as Tottenham on PES, the cutscenes were annoying aswell. Career mode were crap this year compared to Fifa 10 but it was still better then Master League.

quote Suicide Messiah
And you've seen what? A few videos for skill games. How can you possibly make a judgement on how good it looks if there's minimal footage.
Screenshots of Career Mode, Fifa 13 trailer (Looks decent), Skill games trailer, and what we have been told by FSB and a few guys on twitter who went over to test the game out, and they were impressed and say it is a massive improvement on Fifa 12... not much, but a decent amount to make a small judgement on.

Aug 14, 12 at 4:47am
Suicide Messiah

I preferred FIFA 09 to anything they've produced so far, the gameplay has barely changed from previous editions, and there are still flaws in the match engine that they haven't addressed yet. Career Mode is shoddy, and PES have major advantages in Master League over them in terms of a major game mode, if PES could actually get their online going, the dominance of EA wouldn't be as marginal as it is. Ultimate Team and functioning online play is literally the only reason that I stump for the game over PES, there's not a huge gap in terms of modes, the offline modes EA offer need much improvement, and as you've seen, the major addition for this year is being allowed in Europe. Big strides forward there.

And you've seen what? A few videos for skill games. How can you possibly make a judgement on how good it looks if there's minimal footage.

Aug 14, 12 at 4:37am
sUpErGiNi77

quote Suicide Messiah
IFA 09 was a better game in many ways than FIFA 10, so how's that work out? FIFA 10 was the first step in obliterating Clubs, FIFA 09 had it spot on, why change that? They don't need to make massive changes, because they are winning in the EA-Konami battle. If Konami get it together and make a challenge to FIFA 13 with PES, which they could possibly do going off the PES13 demo, then EA will have to make major changes. Until then, they don't have to, because you will stay buy it, as will many people, so why change it? Few cosmetic changes, little additions and boom, FIFA 13.
Fifa 10 was possibly the Fifa game I enjoyed the most by a long way, the Gameplay, Career mode, Head to Head was much better.

I agree with Pro Clubs being better on 09, however Fifa is not all about Clubs, as Ultimate team, gameplay, nearly every other aspect of the game has improved since 09 massively. I have played the PES 13 demo and I am quite impressed with it tbh but they need to improve the content of PES for it to be level with Fifa as it was poor last year.

quote Suicide Messiah
And what on earth are you on about saying a 'good looking FIFA 13'. What's that even mean?
Ok, I worded it poorly then tbh, Fifa 13 looks good from what I have seen from it so far.

Aug 14, 12 at 4:30am
Jord22

Lol. This is an ok feature I guess but a BIG update? Piss off. Hope PES is class this year and Fifa really up their game like they started doing with Fifa 08

Aug 14, 12 at 4:24am
Suicide Messiah

FIFA 09 was a better game in many ways than FIFA 10, so how's that work out? FIFA 10 was the first step in obliterating Clubs, FIFA 09 had it spot on, why change that? They don't need to make massive changes, because they are winning in the EA-Konami battle. If Konami get it together and make a challenge to FIFA 13 with PES, which they could possibly do going off the PES13 demo, then EA will have to make major changes. Until then, they don't have to, because you will stay buy it, as will many people, so why change it? Few cosmetic changes, little additions and boom, FIFA 13.

And what on earth are you on about saying a 'good looking FIFA 13'. What's that even mean?