Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Grand Theft Auto V » San Andreas. Too good? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

GTA III GTA V GTA IV GTA San Andreas Chop Franklin GTA Vice City Michael Michael Trevor

hideOriginal Post

Jul 23, 12 at 12:32amKR_1250

Hi forum,

Last weekend my boredom waiting for GTAV finally peaked and i bought GTA:San Andreas from the XBOX marketplace. A few minutes in and i realised that i had forgot just how good this game is.

It got me thinking. R* have one hell of a mountain to climb. GTAV must be far more similair to GTA:SA than GTAIV was to GTA3 or I am going to be mordbidly dissapointed.

Character cusmtomization
RPG elements
Vehicle Mods
Buying businesses
Running gangs
Mutiple air vehicles
Dozens of garages and homes
Huge variety of weapons
Massive map variation

The list goes on and on. I almost wish i hadnt bought it because I am now convinced that GTAV is gonna be more of the same overly serious shite we dragged ourselves through in GTAIV.

I also hate to go back on msyelf and admit this but the driving IS better in GTA:SA. You can peel out and drift, lock up the brakes and slide like mad. The GTAIV cars feel underpowered, flabby and slow in comparison. The driver aids are overwhelming. Im sorry to say this but give us real drivers a 'Hard' or 'Advanced' mode. We dont all need to be babysat through some wheelspin. Worst thing is without the driver aids GTAIV would have had superior driving. Just like the rest of the game everything is polished and simplified.

Anyone else feel this way? Im sure GTAV will break every record going and get the best reveiws of any game ever. But am i still gonna be playign it 6 months from release with literally hundreds of things still left to do. I doubt it.

What are your thoughts? Will we see a true successor to GTA:SA? Or will we see a tarted up GTAIV?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 14, 12 at 12:00am
KR_1250

quote Tec 9
I'm not a developer.

Aug 13, 12 at 10:28am
Tec 9

quote KR_1250
quote Tec 9
I've noticed most people going on about how there's 'nothing to do' in IV. There was nothing to do in 3 or Vice City either, but people didn't complain about that.
I would argue that simply because there was A LOT more to do in GTA:VC anyway. Car lists, tank/army chases, off roading, way more side missions, flying, cheats, rooftop bike missions, stadium races... etc etc etc.

Even if that is not the case with GTAIII that argument is pretty poor from R*'s view.

"there may not be much to do in GTAIV but there wasnt much to do in GTAIII either"

Thats a pretty poor argument from a developer point of view.
I'm not a developer.

Aug 13, 12 at 4:32am
KR_1250

quote Tec 9
I've noticed most people going on about how there's 'nothing to do' in IV. There was nothing to do in 3 or Vice City either, but people didn't complain about that.
I would argue that simply because there was A LOT more to do in GTA:VC anyway. Car lists, tank/army chases, off roading, way more side missions, flying, cheats, rooftop bike missions, stadium races... etc etc etc.

Even if that is not the case with GTAIII that argument is pretty poor from R*'s view.

"there may not be much to do in GTAIV but there wasnt much to do in GTAIII either"

Thats a pretty poor argument from a developer point of view.

Aug 12, 12 at 10:43am
Tec 9

quote ChiroVette
And unlike previous GTA games, there really was no mystique to speak of. People tried to manufacture it with Leatherface and all that other nonsense, but it always seemed so artificial, like the fans were trying too hard to capture something long gone from the series.
This sums up, what I think, most people are disappointed with in GTA IV. The lack of mysterious things to explore and find.

ChiroVette's post makes me realise that the things that I remember most strongly in the 3/VC/SA days were all the things that weren't part of the game, like Chiro said. The amount of hours I spent exploring blue hell in Vice City, and getting a tank to fly in III and looking for that *bleep*ing ape in SA. These are all elements which Rockstar didn't create, the community created them.

As IV came around, people were actively looking for these things but didn't find them. Whereas no one was looking for these things in the previous games, they were just stumbled upon. That was the exciting wonder that was created in the community without Rockstar having anything to do with it. And as no one could find anything like that in IV, people got bored and blamed Rockstar.

This is clearly true, as I've noticed most people going on about how there's 'nothing to do' in IV. There was nothing to do in 3 or Vice City either, but people didn't complain about that. It's because we spent all our time doing the useless shit.

People like to find ways they can break games for fun, and IV didn't seem to allow them to do it.

Aug 12, 12 at 1:59am
SlantedPillow

It will be difficult to live up to San Andreas' legacy, but everyone seems to think that because GTA IV flopped for so many people, that there's no way that they can do any better. They tried something and it didn't work. They wanted a more serious storyline, and to many it didn't work. But now that they realised the GTA community doesn't want a serious game, they are going to (hopefully) try to replicate what made SA the game it was.

Aug 06, 12 at 7:38pm
Zhang Liao

quote KR_1250
Hi forum,

Last weekend my boredom waiting for GTAV finally peaked and i bought GTA:San Andreas from the XBOX marketplace. A few minutes in and i realised that i had forgot just how good this game is.

It got me thinking. R* have one hell of a mountain to climb. GTAV must be far more similair to GTA:SA than GTAIV was to GTA3 or I am going to be mordbidly dissapointed.

Character cusmtomization
RPG elements
Vehicle Mods
Buying businesses
Running gangs
Mutiple air vehicles
Dozens of garages and homes
Huge variety of weapons
Massive map variation

The list goes on and on. I almost wish i hadnt bought it because I am now convinced that GTAV is gonna be more of the same overly serious shite we dragged ourselves through in GTAIV.

I also hate to go back on msyelf and admit this but the driving IS better in GTA:SA. You can peel out and drift, lock up the brakes and slide like mad. The GTAIV cars feel underpowered, flabby and slow in comparison. The driver aids are overwhelming. Im sorry to say this but give us real drivers a 'Hard' or 'Advanced' mode. We dont all need to be babysat through some wheelspin. Worst thing is without the driver aids GTAIV would have had superior driving. Just like the rest of the game everything is polished and simplified.

Anyone else feel this way? Im sure GTAV will break every record going and get the best reveiws of any game ever. But am i still gonna be playign it 6 months from release with literally hundreds of things still left to do. I doubt it.

What are your thoughts? Will we see a true successor to GTA:SA? Or will we see a tarted up GTAIV?
YES! I totally agree mate! It'll take so much to beat SA, I hated 3 and VC but SA got nearly everything right!

Aug 05, 12 at 12:33pm
Aswm420

1ST to ultima wepon i agree on the SRTT being to strang and the LACK of the FUN SR2 had also THE ROMOR and TOUGH of JONNY GAT BEING DEAD was just FREEKING STUPIT it would be like taking GTAVI and KILLING ROMAN in the 1st mission SEEN befor you can save it .

but i have heard tht JONNY GAT is NOT DEAD he some how made it through the gin fight jumped out BEING SHOT UP and is THE LEAD GUY BACK IN STILLWATER . yes ther was the FUNREAL SHANDY talked of BUT i heard it was a BODY LOOKALIKE or JUST rocks.

now as for GTA SA YES it was the best IMO and AS LONG as ROCKSTAR bring and adds a lot of fun/silly/crazy/goofy side missions .

more houmor and ROFLAO lines LIKE IN GTA SA GTAV will be a FREEKING SUPER GAME .

think of it like this ALSO some of the OLD CONTACTS now have kids WHO are of age to help and do what dad did . SO think of this OFFICER TENPENNY'S SUN may BE IN CEASER and KINDLE JONSON got married and NOW have a boy who may pop up NO not any of the real contacts of or from GTASA just ther off spring .

also think of this in GTAV having NEW PLACES to live an save MORE than 2 cars AND IN A GARAGE THEN driving by or flying by an OLD PLACE like the old abandond airport NOW a place u can grab OR a new place with a PAVED RUNWAY a small area BUT BIGENOUGH to stre 4 BIG PLANES in ot and a small 4 BIG TRUCK GARAGE large enough to save 2 MONSTER TRUCKS side by side OR 3 cars side by side by side 3 deep also think of this ALL OUT THERE.

YOU get a contact and AND LIKE IN GTA BOGT and YUSF AMIR or in GTA TLAD THAT CONTACT has THER OWN PERSONAL AUTO/BOAT or AIRCRAFT that will spawn at THER HOUSE THER HELAPAD and ther HANGER SO youi never need to take this item home and save just go to were the item spawns LIKE YUSF'S DROP TOP DIMOND 2 DOOR does and it will be ther from the time you and the contact get to be buds BUT from then on and never loose it .

YEA you can do like me and others and take the auto to a place you have to ve and save it at that or any safe house you care to drive it to and save it at SO you do not have to go get it from the norm pick up spot .

JUST THINK of some contact SAY A PIMP in an oLD STUTS BARECAT with the CONTANENTAL KIT CURB FEELERS the car is HOT PINK the top in SNOW WHITE the RIMS GOLD PLATED the seets HOT INK in MINK with white ACSENTS tthe PIMOP in a PIMP CLOTING like KAT WILLMAS would have on AL MINK in HOT PINK AND WHITE aBRIGHT BRIGHT ATTACHN GETTING ACTRACTING LOOK AT ME STYLE OR some other wild EYE CATCHING GETTING COLOR COMBO

Aug 04, 12 at 6:37pm
Ultima Wepon

San Andreas was fantastic which made GTAIV was incredibly underwhelming in comparison. But I think R* will be able to top it eventually. As long as they return the depth of customization San Andreas had then it'll win me over.

And on the only Saints Row thing. The only game that even came close to feeling like a good GTA was SR2. Personally SR:TT focused waaaay to much on being "Look at how over-the-top we are lololol" and the story was terrible.

Aug 04, 12 at 4:10am
CAGarber

I already have it on PS2, just picked up the XBOX one so I can play it on my 360, since my PS2 is packed away in the attic with no real reason to bring it out.

Aug 02, 12 at 8:18pm
Roy

quote Master
quote Roy
I keep forgetting that GTA: SA came out in fall 2005. Why did I think it came out in fall 2004 for some reason? It must been because I thought I was still a freshman in college.
But... it did come out in (October) 2004? 2005 was for PC and Xbox.
Wow, I completely forgot I had the PS2 version first. No wonder why, it was 2004.