Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » PlayStation Vita » On the edge about getting the Vita... » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jul 22, 12 at 8:19amCoi Cki

Give me a little push..
  • What are the pros and cons of the Vita?
  • Besides games, what can I do with it?
  • How are the controls, compared to the PSP?
  • In general, how does the Vita compare to PSP?
  • Do the games come in physical format, or is it download-only?
Also, if I do decide to get it...
  • Should I get just the one with wi-fi, or the wi-fi+3g model?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 11, 12 at 6:27am
Extrem3

• What are the pros and cons of the Vita?
-Pros you can play high quality games every way
-Cons Sony is slow on releasing such good games but this October is a good month for Vita
  • Besides games, what can I do with it?
-You can port it to ps3 and add more application like youtube, skype and etc.
  • How are the controls, compared to the PSP?
-The control of Vita is more superb than PSP, touch screen and rear touch pad + 2 analog sticks
  • In general, how does the Vita compare to PSP?
-The game graphics are more good than a PSP and you can play PS1 and PSP games on Vita
  • Do the games come in physical format, or is it download-only?
-You can play in physical format or download game thru PSN

*Should I get just the one with wi-fi, or the wi-fi+3g model?
-Wifi+3g is more convenient you can put your mobile SIM card on it to surf the net everywhere without using the wifi. I think it can be used as mobile phone lol if they release an application.

I hope I'd help you with my answer, I brought Vita 3G+wifi with Dokuro JP version bundle that sweet huh!?

Sep 30, 12 at 1:48pm
smarti3

I'll put my impressions in the LBP forum...it's good though, like really good

Coi Cki You should definitely pick one up. The graphics are a lot better then I thought, on par with console graphics IMO

Sep 29, 12 at 12:49pm
Agent Mo

Welcome to the cool kids club smarti3

Let us know how LBP is

Sep 29, 12 at 6:57am
smarti3

BOOM!

Just got my Vita

Brand new PSVita,4GB Memory Card, Little Big Planet, Fifa 13 and Uncharted Golden Abyss all for £230 from GAME. Not too bad, eh ?

Pretty bummed that I forgot my PSN sign in though :/

Sep 27, 12 at 3:05pm
Ville_Valo

quote smarti3
What are you currently playing on the Vita Ville_Valo Agent Mo ?
Wipeout 2048. I got the HD and Fury packs for Wipeout HD for free a while ago when the PSN went down. They got ported to Vita to run on 2048, and I finally found the time to play them They just keep going, and it's a very impressive game.
I've also got a Motorstorm RC DLC or two that I haven't played yet, and I've just found out LittleBigPlanet is out, so I'll probably buy that when I feel like spending some more.

Sep 27, 12 at 12:24pm
Agent Mo

Well at least you liked Heavy Rain

Sep 27, 12 at 4:03am
smarti3

Agent Mo Also comes with a 4GB Memory Card. I've got (had) a PS3, a 360 and a Wii. The majority of my friends play on the 360 so that's my main console. The Wii just collects dust and tbh I'm just not that keen on the PS3 Exclusives,well apart from GT5

I had Drakes Fortune and MGS4. Yes, I wasn't very keen on either (blasphemy!). I preferred the older MGS's and just couldn't warm to Drakes Fortune. I didn't really want to get rid of it, I said to someone I'd sell it and couldn't really go back. Was pointless me having it though as the last time I played it was May. Actually that's a lie. I frickin' loved Heavy Rain. Best game of recent years

Sep 27, 12 at 12:41am
Agent Mo

quote smarti3
Wow just see a bundle in Sainsburys For £189 which has the Wifi Vita console and LBP!
that's an awesome deal!

quote smarti3
Might take the plunge being as I'm selling my PS3 for £200
why would you do that!?

Sep 26, 12 at 4:53pm
smarti3

Wow just see a bundle in Sainsburys For £189 which has the Wifi Vita console and LBP!

Might take the plunge being as I'm selling my PS3 for £200

Sep 26, 12 at 7:09am
Agent Mo

There is a Vita PS Store smarti3, so don't worry about that. Also anything you've bought for PS3 that is also compatible with Vita (PS1 classics spring to mind the most) can be downloaded on the Vita.

At the moment i'm playing Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz (free to play) and the Resident Evil PS1 classics (in preparation for RE6 in 6 days time ). Am going to get Escape Plan at some point but not sure when.