Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Final Fantasy XV » Let's chat for a bit, kiddies. » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Echo Grass Moogle Moogle Phoenix Down

hideOriginal Post

Jul 22, 12 at 4:15amRabla

The whole stupid cancelling rumours have got me thinking about this game again, so let's gather what we know.

The Equivalent to the Fal'Cie is the 'Light' from the Land of the Dead. That gives us Versus's equivalent of L'Cie. Noctis and Stella are L'Cie, and I'm assuming Prompto, Ignis and Gladiolus are too, I can't remember if that was official or not.

The story is centered around.. what, Noctis's Kingdom? His daddy thinks he should be the last king... and I don't know anything else. What is this game about? Is Noctis trying to take the throne from his dad?

Gameplay wise, it's KH. Moving on.

Party system is odd, You can control anyone but if Noctis dies its game over. Makes sense I guess.
Open World game, we've seen huge open fields and elements of Monster Hunter, also dynamic Day/Night cycles (which looked terrible in the trailer, the sun doesn't set in 3 seconds). There's also vehicle control, which is cool.

An old interview stated there would be lots of playable party members. We haven't seen any of these yet, however. I guess Noctis being in the party is required.

Modern Fantasy wise, we've seen a Dragoon. Honestly they haven't really flaunted the whole Modern Fantasy thing enough.

Anyway, add stuff I've missed, and most importantly, why I made the thread, SPECULATE.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 27, 14 at 11:22pm
ozmahades

quote Rabla
quote lalaprola
oh and also, does Stella like Noctis or is it that Noctis likes Stella
They're supposed to be like... arch enemies or something. They're from different families who have it out for each other.

Watch Versus just be Romeo and Juliet. Calling it right now.

Maybe their story would be a forbidden love. For now, I can't imagine it happening. I'm saying it's a possibility.

Feb 08, 14 at 12:46pm
carous Elambra

Man forget all the falci'e stuff. Falcie are basically just falcie because they are false. Lcie can "LE see" for zem. And cieth don't see'th stuff good.

I will grant you that it actually does represent the fantasy / reality divide well. But so does any game in this genre! Sometimes, you have to look harder to understand. I resent how the mythology is not better hidden, but in a sense it is hidden in plain sight.

It's just magic users versus a divisional government of a specific time era.

I am still all about Great Hyne splitting his legs and turning into a cactuar while Gilgamesh escapes from FF5 to plague the series as a ninja, ok? You know it gets re-interpreted and forgotten...

Jul 13, 13 at 5:44pm
dodosam250

quote lalaprola

gameplay
setting
characters
music
development
staff
voice cast

no idea if its 100% accurate but it sums it up
great

Feb 26, 13 at 9:48am
lalaprola

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-27-49-en.html#C418

game still exists, for US and JPN as tba... no love for EU :'(

Feb 23, 13 at 6:55pm
Rabla

quote JacqueseVonRIP
What's the deal with the Mythos anyway? As far as I know the stories aren't connected, so why is it so important?
They all exist in the same universe. Different planets and stuff, obviously, but they were all created by The Maker and governed by Pulse, Etro and Bhunivelze.

Feb 23, 13 at 10:52am
JacqueseVonRIP

What's the deal with the Mythos anyway? As far as I know the stories aren't connected, so why is it so important?

Feb 22, 13 at 6:54am
Vicarious

Quit reminding me that this game exists please. Makes me sad every time.

Feb 22, 13 at 3:21am
kuje

That's my point though, they might and probably will change the title but I think the chances of it becoming the next numbered Final Fantasy is 0%. They can't have both XIII and XIV be about l'cie and fal'cie...

Feb 22, 13 at 1:32am
Darkel

quote kuje
quote JacqueseVonRIP
So can we just call it Final Fantasy XV now? I really don't see the point in the "Versus" at this point, because it's taken so long.

It's still part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis mythos so it can never become FFXV... unless they change the story.
Not necessarily. Final Fantasy Agito XIII is also part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis mythos and was renamed Final Fantasy Type-0 before being released in Japan. In fact, there's actually a good reason why FFVXIII might, and probably should, be renamed: to avoid confusion with FFXIII-2 and FFXIII-3. While I doubt it will receive its own Roman numeral, I wouldn't be surprised if Square-Enix either strips "XIII" from the title and starts calling it "Final Fantasy Versus", or assigns some other arbitrary designation (as with "Type-0").

In other news, thanks for the kind words about my banner, kuje.

Feb 19, 13 at 2:34pm
kuje

quote JacqueseVonRIP
So can we just call it Final Fantasy XV now? I really don't see the point in the "Versus" at this point, because it's taken so long.

It's still part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis mythos so it can never become FFXV... unless they change the story.