Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Site/Forums Help and QA » Username: Blue » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Please note that this forum is for questions about Neoseeker and its features. If you are wishing to ask about a particular game please seek out its profile and ask in the game's forum.Welcome to the Site/Forums Help and QA forum. Before asking a question, please check this thread first — your question may already have been answered.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jul 20, 12 at 1:31amKorra

Hello! My older brother's been looking for a friendly online community to invest his spare time in, and I've recently sparked his interest in Neoseeker.

He gets a little obsessive compulsive, though. He really wants the username 'Blue', but it's already taken. The account is here, and as you can see it's inactive. I was just reading the name change request thread and learned that an account is considered 'defunct' after 1 year of inactivity. The person who has already taken the 'Blue' username has had 0 (lol yes, zero) logins and has not a single record of activity; it will also become 1 year old in just over three weeks.

I went through heaps of username-related threads on this board and I'm guessing things like these are all too frequent and just an inconvenience for the people in charge. But I did notice in this thread that a guest expressed the desire to take an inactive username and received his wish.

Just wondering if my brother could be welcomed to the site with a similar act of kindness? Would be greatly appreciated.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 20, 12 at 7:09pm
Chad

No problem. Sorry for the trouble! Glad to have you here!

Jul 20, 12 at 7:07pm
Blue

Thank you tekmosis, Chad, and everyone else who posted. Hopefully I'll see you all around.

Jul 20, 12 at 7:04pm
Chad

Korra - Taken care of. One of the unfortunate flaws in taking an old name through this method is that it also inherits any restrictions on the account. ^__^

Jul 20, 12 at 6:12pm
Korra

Thanks for the help! He has Blue now; he tried to make a post here but apparently the account has been perma'd.

Due to abuse of this account, it has been permanently banned.
Moderator's Note on this ban:

Bypassing the indefinite ban of Aus/FC Barcelona/Daxus.

Jul 20, 12 at 5:24pm
tekmosis

It's been sorted out. Check your inbox, Korra.

Jul 20, 12 at 5:18pm
Kaiba

Have you tried it with the Blue account yet? It makes sense that it has to be a full year, but you never know.

Jul 20, 12 at 5:03pm
LOD-squa

We can try mentioning some people and see if anything can be done.

Redemption tekmosis Dynamite

Jul 20, 12 at 5:00pm
Korra

He just tried it with a random two year old defunct account, and it seemed to work. Thanks for that, Kaiba.

So now he just has to wait another three weeks until the account reaches 1 year old? Like I said, he's really anal about this, lol, so he'll wait. But if any of the staff feel like speeding things up a bit, it would be much appreciated.

Jul 20, 12 at 4:36pm
Kaiba

Literally the only thing one must do to take over a defunct account is to register a new one with the name. Nobody need be contacted. At all. Trust me on this. Once that one year has passed, hit the regular old Register link, put "Blue" in the username field, and the rest is history.

What happens to the current Blue account? It's not deleted. The name gets changed to something like Blue23.

Jul 20, 12 at 4:17pm
Rune Ripper

I think this thread will do fine, just give it a little bit of time to give the right people a chance to see this. I'm not certain if there is a particular person you could message about this, if there is though I'm sure somebody will point you in the right direction.

Insanity Prevails what do you think?