Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U » My Super Smash Bros. 4 Roster » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Animal Crossing Donkey Kong Earthbound Fire Emblem F Zero Game and Watch Ice Climber Kid Icarus Kirby Mario Megaman Metal Gear Metroid Pikmin Pokemon ROB Sonic Starfox Warioware Wii Fit Yoshi Legend of Zelda Bowser Captain Falcon Charizard King Dedede Diddy Kong Donkey Kong Doctor Mario Duck Hunt Falco Fox Ganondorf Game and Watch Ice Climbers Ike Ivysaur Jigglypuff Kirby Link Little Mac Lucario Lucas Luigi Mario Marth Meta Knight Mewtwo Ness Olimar Pac-Man Peach Pichu Pikachu Pit Pokemon Trainer ROB Roy Samus Sheik Shulk Snake Sonic Squirtle Smash Bros Toon Link Wario Wolf Yoshi Young Link Zelda Zero Suit Samus

hideOriginal Post

Jul 19, 12 at 2:21pmPwnageMaster67

Here is what I think the SSB4 Roster will be:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Yoshi
Wario
Link
Zelda
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Samus
Ridley
Pit
Ice Climbers
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Bandanna Waddle Dee
Fox
Falco
Krystal
Captain Falcon
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Zoroark
Jigglypuff
Olimar
Isaac
Little Mac
Starfy
Marth
Ike
Ness
Lucas
Mr. Game and Watch
R.O.B.
Sukapon
Takamaru
Sonic
Snake
Pac-Man
Mega Man

Its so colourful!

Why I took out some characters:

Wolf - I think he is a clone and Star Fox doesn't need 3 versions of the same character. So I replaced him with a character that won't be a clone.

Lucario - He is a special Pokemon, but I needed to cut him to make room for a 5th gen Pokemon.

Why I added these characters:

Ridley - I added him because he is a recurring Metroid villain and because he would be a great character in Smash.

Bandanna Dee - I added him because he is playable in Kirby Return to Dreamland and he could use his spear in his moveset.

Krystal - She won't be a clone of Fox like Falco and Wolf, so I added her.

Zoroark - I added him because hes in the most recent generation and is very popular.

Isaac - To represent the Golden Sun series and because there wasn't a GS character in the last game.

Little Mac - Hes from a good series that alot of people like, so I added him.

Starfy - I added him as the WTF character

Sukapon - Its from the first Nintendo fighting game (correct me if Im wrong) so he is very special.

Takamaru - Sakurai really likes him so I think he'll add him.

- Namco is working on SSB4 along with Nintendo, so the will add one of their own characters. I think they'll add Pac-Man.

Mega Man - Duhh...

So what do you guys think? Does it need improvements?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 27, 12 at 7:34am
BlueLore

quote Gotenks
quote BlueLore
And with mgs 4 coming out soon,they more or less advertised a game that came out for a different console.

Uhm....you do realize that Metal Gear Solid 4 has been out since 2008 right? They're just releasing an update for the game to have trophies. Unless you meant Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance or Metal Gear Solid 5.
sorry i wrote it not really clear.
I meant that metal gear solid came out soon after brawls release.

I'll edit it in my post

Jul 27, 12 at 4:03am
Gotenks

quote BlueLore
And with mgs 4 coming out soon,they more or less advertised a game that came out for a different console.

Uhm....you do realize that Metal Gear Solid 4 has been out since 2008 right? They're just releasing an update for the game to have trophies. Unless you meant Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance or Metal Gear Solid 5.

Jul 27, 12 at 3:32am
BlueLore

quote PwnageMaster67
BlueLore

2. Snake first appeared on Nintendo consoles.

3. I think I misunderstood you. What do you mean by not comparable? Are you hating on G&W and ROB, saying that they aren't real characters?
2.thats true and I never said,that none of his games appeared on nintendo consoles.
But most of his games came out for the playstation.the only games that were released on a nintendo console(when brawl came out) were the original two,a gameboy-mgs and a remake of mgs for the gamecube.Even the newer games appear rarely on nintendo consoles,the only one that appeared for a nintendo console since then is another remake for the 3ds.there is a reason why snake is included in playstation all star-battle,since he appears nearly exclusively on playstation consoles,with only very few exceptions.
And since mgs 4 came out soon after brawl was released,they more or less advertised a game that came out for a different console.

3.I never said I hate them.I only said,that they aren't retro characters like the ice climbers,because you argued,that every game introduced 2 retro characters.
But I wouldn't consider ROB and G&W as retro characters,since they represent nintendos history and are technically not even real characters(or weren't ones originally,as G&W is a composite character and ROB doesn't come from a video game,he only appeared in some games as cameo and in mario kart ds as a playable character)

Jul 26, 12 at 1:51pm
bbb7002004

Technically Metal Gear was on another console/computer who's name I forget before being ported to NES, but the point remains. Metal Gear 1 & 2 plus MGS: Twin Snakes were all on Nintendo platforms. At the time, Sony only had MGS 1-3 with 4 in development, so while not an obvious choice for Smash its not like he's a Sony first party character or something strange.

Jul 26, 12 at 10:02am
PwnageMaster67

BlueLore

2. Snake first appeared on Nintendo consoles.

3. I think I misunderstood you. What do you mean by not comparable? Are you hating on G&W and ROB, saying that they aren't real characters?

Jul 26, 12 at 3:14am
BlueLore

PwnageMaster67
1.well I just don't see a reason to add him.I think the kirby series is fine with 3 characters.
The bandana dee doesn't appear frequently enough and could be easily integrated into dededes side special or final smash.

2.I remember the creator of megaman saying he'd like to see megaman in brawl and the creator of the no more heroes series stated he'd love to include travis touchdown in the smash bros.series to make him more well known.
I doubt,that anyone wouldn't like to see their character in the smash bros.series(except for those who only work for xbox or playstation).
In the end I also don't see how it would be unfair.Sega and konami got to include their characters in the smash bros games,so this time other companies get to do this.
Technically it is even unfair,that snake got in,since his series had hardly anything to do with nintendo(most of his games appear on other consoles),so other series who work far more with nintendo,like the megaman-series,were left out,just because the creator of mgs is a friend of sakurai.

3.Yeah that is my point.ROB and G&W are milestones in the nintendo history,so they are barely comparable to the ice climbers,pit(before uprising),sukapon or takamaru.

Jul 25, 12 at 9:46pm
PwnageMaster67

BlueLore

1. It sounds like you're demanding that I should remove Waddle Dee, but I'm fine with him being in the roster, so I won't remove him. Plus he has really good moveset possibilities.

2. The reason Namco and Capcom didn't get one of their characters in Brawl is because they aren't close with Nintendo (The reason why Sonic is in) or their creators didn't beg for them to get in (The reason why Snake is in). So it is fair that Sega and Konami got their characters in Brawl and Namco and Capcom didn't.

3. The Game and Watch is, correct me if I'm wrong, the first video game handheld Nintendo ever created, and the SSB series is basically about Nintendos history. So they decided to add the character in the Game and Watch games in Super Smash Bros. ROB is the guy who saved Nintendos butt when people stopped playing games, so I think he is important enough to add in SSB.

Why I removed Wolf: That was basically what was going on in my mind when I removed him, but I just didn't write it.

I added Ike and removed Lynn.

Jul 25, 12 at 5:22am
BlueLore

quote PwnageMaster67
1.I can't argue with removing Bandana Dee, but I'll keep him in because I don't know who to replace him with.

2.I don't think Nintendo is going to remove Sonic and Snake, because Namco is helping out and will probably add one of their characters. So it wouldn't be fair if Namco adds a character and Sega and Konami don't.

Ever since Melee, Smash Bros gets 2 retro characters (Ice Climbers and Game and Watch, Pit and Rob) so 2 is perfectly fine for SSB4.
1.The kirby series is fine with 3 characters,include a character from a different series instead of him(like Palutena,king k.rool or bowser jr.),or don't add any other character at all since sakurai wants to keep the number of characters close to 35

2.I don't really see the point here.If you argue like this could also say it would be unfair,that namco didn't get to include one of their characters in brawl,but sega and konami did.The same of course goes for square enix,capcom,etc.
It would be fair if sega and konami didn't get to include a character this time,since namco and capcom couldn't include their characters in the last game.

3.ROB and G&W are hardly comparable with ice climbers,pit and so on.They are not from any specific series,G&W is simply a guy who appears in several G&W games and ROB wasn't even a video game character until his cameo in F-Zero GX

On another note about the reasoning for cutting wolf:
Why is him being a (semi)clone in brawl a reason to cut him?he plays much more unique than falco ever did and in the end it wouldn't be a problem to declone him for the next game.
If you argued,that you kicked him out to make place for krystal and that you kept falco it would be reasonable but,simply because he is a "clone" isn't any reason.

Jul 24, 12 at 1:42am
Kokoro

quote PwnageMaster67
Kororo, I added why I cut Ike and Wolf
Yeah, I see it now. Wolf is not a clone at all. He plays different enough from Fox and Falco. Even calling him a semi-clone is pushing it.

Jul 23, 12 at 3:32pm
PwnageMaster67

I'm gonna include Ike again when I stop being so lazy

I can't argue with removing Bandana Dee, but I'll keep him in because I don't know who to replace him with.

I don't think Nintendo is going to remove Sonic and Snake, because Namco is helping out and will probably add one of their characters. So it wouldn't be fair if Namco adds a character and Sega and Konami don't.

Ever since Melee, Smash Bros gets 2 retro characters (Ice Climbers and Game and Watch, Pit and Rob) so 2 is perfectly fine for SSB4.